Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wondering if there's any point in applying from mid October onwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apriori1234)
    Hi guys, just wondering if there's any point in applying from mid October onwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there's every point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If for summer, I think the latest you could leave it is November to still have some sort of decent chance. For Grad end of October is the latest, but by then you would have to be an exceptional candidate to stand a chance of getting through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquid Gold.)
    there's every point

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha... such as?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those of you who did the DB test, how long did it take before they reverted as to wether you failed or not?
    As it just says this under my status

"You have successfully completed the online test(s) and your results have been submitted. Your full application is now under review by the local Graduate Recruitment Team. You will be contacted in due course regarding the outcome of your application screening." ?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from Barclays saying I got accepted to a video interview after doing business insight stage 1 but it doesn't say it's business insight stage 2. So have I skipped a step???

Also, has anyone done this video interview and does anyone have any tips?? Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    Those of you who did the DB test, how long did it take before they reverted as to wether you failed or not?
    As it just says this under my status

"You have successfully completed the online test(s) and your results have been submitted. Your full application is now under review by the local Graduate Recruitment Team. You will be contacted in due course regarding the outcome of your application screening." ?
    I completed the DB test several days ago (7-8 I think) and my status is still like yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudetteeee)
    I got an email from Barclays saying I got accepted to a video interview after doing business insight stage 1 but it doesn't say it's business insight stage 2. So have I skipped a step???

Also, has anyone done this video interview and does anyone have any tips?? Thank you!!
    That is the business insight stage 2. They just call it a video interview

ReputationRep:
    Haha... such as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No one knows the times, some places dont even do rolling basis, do mid octorber latest if you've have to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwith)
    If I read correctly, you can apply to different postions AND different cities for MS SA. Do you have to repeat the tests for each location/position?
    Yeah all tests and cover letter and stuff again for each position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Yeah. Basically, you have to 360 no-scope as many fireflys as you can using a barrett 50 cal. Standard 25 minutes time limit though.
    you guys had your telephone interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpierce94)
    I completed the DB test several days ago (7-8 I think) and my status is still like yours
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    LOL. That BNP test. GG. GG. I reckon i got 30 / 37 if i'm lucky on the numerical. Fuarrkkkkk brah

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, has anyone had a phone interview with Nomura? If yes, how was it and what did you cover? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been invited to an MS workshop for IBD/GCM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)
    Yep.. What exactly is it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have too. Not sure how to prepare, should we be treating this as if it was an interview? PM me your details and we can chat or meet before hand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    Yep.. What exactly is it??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Yes, I have too. Not sure how to prepare, should we be treating this as if it was an interview? PM me your details and we can chat or meet before hand

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you guys apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    When did you guys apply?
    End of August

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egdargi)
    When did you guys apply?
    Mid August here.

To the other guys - is your invitation for 10 October?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.