Maths Uni Chat Watch

majikthise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Slumpy)
Sounds pretty tasty, although I don't know where I'd get kalamata olives(or indeed, what they are...)

In other news, anyone else planning a late night? Just me?
Fairly common type of olive (my favourite)- apparently they have a "smooth and meatlike taste".

I'm going to bed now, before I embarrass myself all over the internet due to being drunk.
Slumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by majikthise)
Fairly common type of olive (my favourite)- apparently they have a "smooth and meatlike taste".

I'm going to bed now, before I embarrass myself all over the internet due to being drunk.
Well, I shall endeavour to try the sandwich suggested.
Nah, you should definitely embarrass yourself all over the internet. Alternatively, someone do my stats for me?
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
10am Dynamics lecture up cardiac hill. This displeases me.
Filming again tonight!
Hathlan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
10am Dynamics lecture up cardiac hill. This displeases me.
Filming again tonight!
"Cardiac hill" I like that a lot.

When will we all get to see you on telly?
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
"Cardiac hill" I like that a lot.

When will we all get to see you on telly?
Effing lecture wasn't even on, typo said week 20. I got all the way up there in record time too

You mean get to see part of my arm (or something similar) on TV? I have no idea, filming doesn't finish until Friday so it could be ages. I will be telling everyone when I know though (a lot).
I hope the guy does something better with my hair today, last time he said "your hair has a nice wave to it, we'll just leave it". My friend got a proper beehive do, and false eyelashes and errrrything! I mean, I know we're meant to look like hippies but they didn't have to leave me to skeff out... Still, it's easy money.
Edenr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do not like Cardiac Hill :indiff:
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Is there such a field called quantum analysis? As yeah, when I'm older I be like hey I'm a quantum analyst and then everyone would be like you are so smart. :cool:
Totally Tom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Is there such a field called quantum analysis? As yeah, when I'm older I be like hey I'm a quantum analyst and then everyone would be like you are so smart. :cool:
Then they'll talk to you a bit more and you'll get the orders of words the wrong way around and they'll ask where you're from and you'll say England and then they'll be like "Yeh he's a spak".

+ you're basically black so people will have already prejudged you by the time you get to talk to them.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I only just finished filming, it was in a pub and I have never worn so much make up in my life.
9am tomorrow, fml.
My Alt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Has anyone encountered a past paper question on the Gram-Schmidt process?
nota bene
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by My Alt)
I take it this is a Cambridge specific question?

(In the event that it is not - yes I have)
ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.campus.manchester.ac.uk/s.../MATH10202.pdf

A4-b.
harr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you get that in an exam I'd strongly suggest taking the "or otherwise" option.
turgon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How many of the Warwick people are taking number theory this year???
Hathlan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by turgon)
How many of the Warwick people are taking number theory this year???
I just dropped it the other day. I haven't done enough work (I spent the holidays sleeping mostly :indiff:) so I thought I could do without the pressure. Stephen isn't doing it, loads of people aren't. I think I know only one guy who is. Oh, plus the two in my experimental maths group. So that's three out of quite a lot of people. Most folks leave it till next year for the extra CATs.

Why?
Mark13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There seems to be quite a lot of material covered in lectures that I haven't seen in any past papers, although its possible that things like Gram-Schmidt were added to the syllabus recently.
turgon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
I just dropped it the other day. I haven't done enough work (I spent the holidays sleeping mostly :indiff:) so I thought I could do without the pressure. Stephen isn't doing it, loads of people aren't. I think I know only one guy who is. Oh, plus the two in my experimental maths group. So that's three out of quite a lot of people. Most folks leave it till next year for the extra CATs.

Why?
I just thought a lot more first years would be doing it...there might have been around 20-30 faces I recognised in the lecture today..
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I don't know whats hard about the gram schmidt. Pretty simple and all you need for the proof is to dot it with x_1, also induction.
Totally Tom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mark13)
There seems to be quite a lot of material covered in lectures that I haven't seen in any past papers, although its possible that things like Gram-Schmidt were added to the syllabus recently.
At Warwick people pray twice a day upto 14 nights before the Algebra exam for a Gram-Schmidt question to come up.
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Our Gram-Schmidt questions are really easy - you're just given some vectors and are asked to come up with an orthonormal basis. No proofs, explanations or anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads