Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    MMMMMMM SUPERBOWL SUNDAY. "CAN'T WAIT!"

This is going to be sick. Haven't been this excited for a very long time. I'm working until about half an hour before kickoff, so that is going to be a major drag. Worth it though

ReputationRep:
    BMarsh was awesome yesterday. Yeah everyone put in not a great deal of effort - nobody ever does - but he did the best of them. If Peyton Manning came to the Fins healthy, that could be absolutely lethal (moreso than a healthy Peyton just being there anyway). Shame it won't happen...

Basically it's all hype for the next few days, I don't care about all of this until the game.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be stuck in Leeds over the weekend, worried i'll miss it

ReputationRep:
    I'm stocking up on Red Bull, putting the rule book on facebook and hoping some of my friends join me in the marvel of the Superbowl, I fell asleep mid 3rd quarter last year, and I was basically drinking rocketfuel for the duration. I'll be watching this of course too.

GO PATS just because Eli Manning is a nobhead.

ReputationRep:
    Brady Brady Brady! But Eli is some brave ass QB, I like him, still GO PATS!

ReputationRep:
    My two favourite teams in the superbowl :L Pats to win though

Speaking of the pats - anyone going to the International Series game at Wembley in October?

ReputationRep:
    Looking to buy tickets soon but dunno when their on sale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Looking to buy tickets soon but dunno when their on sale
    Club wembley tickets went on sale 24th January. Normal tickets won't be out until a lot closer to October.

Actually, forget what I just said and click this: http://www.nfluk.com/tickets-events/nfl-wembley

ReputationRep:
    They postponed sales for international series because Rams have had problems and might not make it but there will definitely be a game still or something.

I keep thnking the Pats will win the superboel and then remember how rattled the Ravens had Brady last game and think of what might happen if the Giants bring heat, very hard to call but gonna back gronknation YO SOY FIESTA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    I keep thnking the Pats will win the superboel and then remember how rattled the Ravens had Brady last game and think of what might happen if the Giants bring heat, very hard to call but gonna back gronknation YO SOY FIESTA
    Yeh I'm finding it really hard to call this one. Brady has got to step up his game, against the Ravens he was pretty poor by his standards and we only seemed to survive on an organised and effective defense and sheer determination.

I must admit I haven't followed the Giants very closely this season but in recent years they've been a force to be reckoned with and I guess that hasn't changed.

Either I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

anyone know whether Ridley will be playing on sunday?

I fancy backing him for anytime TD and player of the match!!

ReputationRep:
    @Stevo. Probably gonna play, but BJGE will get most of the snaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo112)
    hey guys,

He is going to be active, but doubt he will get too many snaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    He is going to be active, but doubt he will get too many snaps.
    reckon he's good for a touchdown?

ReputationRep:
    reckon he's good for a touchdown?
    Don't think so, BJGE seems to be the Pats go to guy in the red zone.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

You mad bro? Ridley for Super Bowl MVP is just not going to happen. TD more likely but still not great. Better with Green-Ellis, or even better, Wes Welker for a TD.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon with Gronk sidelined, or at least limited, Welker and Hernandez will score 3 combined.

ReputationRep:
    The Giants could really do this, they've got the thought of Super Bowl XLII in their minds still, and that win over the Pats in week 9 as well... I really think they could take this.

Even so it will be a VERY close match, with a last minute field goal being the decider.

ReputationRep:
    WOW, people on news sites are going crazy over the whole Tiquan Underwood situations. Yes he has been cut on the eve of the super bowl. But he will get a ring, and I am pretty sure that he will be back with the Pats come Training Camp next season.

He probably also knew more than 24 hours in advance, just the Patriots could not cut him more than 24 hours before the game, as the Giants could then sign him and he could spill all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    I reckon with Gronk sidelined, or at least limited, Welker and Hernandez will score 3 combined.
    Welker 7/1 first TD Mario Manningham 14/1 I'm liking those prices

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.