Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Pfft. I lived in a house last year and halls this year. I prefer life away from halls easily.

Bloody freshers :p:
    But mould? My halls don't have mould. :|

Having said that, I have a key to my house for next year and I cannot wait to start doing it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    But mould? My halls don't have mould. :|

Having said that, I have a key to my house for next year and I cannot wait to start doing it up.
    Doing it up? As in spending money making it more hospitable? I'd save the cash for food and drink.

ReputationRep:
    Doing it up? As in spending money making it more hospitable? I'd save the cash for food and drink.
    I'm in a somewhat awesome situation. Mate's dad bought it, we're living there for the next 4 years for £20 per week bills.

You can start hating me now. Everyone else does.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a somewhat awesome situation. Mate's dad bought it, we're living there for the next 4 years for £20 per week bills.

You can start hating me now. Everyone else does.
    Nice choice of friends... ridiculously jealous.

ReputationRep:
    Nice choice of friends... ridiculously jealous.
    To be fair, he was my best friend here before I knew his dad was loaded.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, he was my best friend here before I knew his dad was loaded.
    Hey, I'm not judging :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm not judging :p:
    Not even a little bit? :ahee:

Gah. I'm hating life right now. Told myself I can't go to bed until I finish revising this module. Two more lectures to go.

ReputationRep:
    Is life outside the halls bubble really that bad?
    Halls are rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    That night shift was awesome :awesome:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Throughout this module I've felt like I know nothing. Now I've come to the end of it I've realised I actually do know some stuff

(Original post by Hygeia)
    That night shift was awesome :awesome:
    What did you do? :teeth:

Also, could you do me a massive favour and send me any past papers you have? From any years and for any years (I thought I might as well collect year 2/3/4/5 exams now :p:)

Also, thanks for your help on my Portfolio, I passed Got distinctions on my examples and (surprisingly) the ability to emotionally engage

ReputationRep:
    How does one request a ban for exam reasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Throughout this module I've felt like I know nothing. Now I've come to the end of it I've realised I actually do know some stuff

What did you do? :teeth:
    Basically, the whole of this particular module is meant to be aimed at helping us transition from medical student to junior doctor but all of the days I'd been on placement up to now I got nothing out of as there were too many other students around. So I did the night shift and was treated like a junior doctor, writing up drug charts, examining patients and being countersigned without the SHO feeling they needed to see the patient themselves, doing discharge letters, requesting bloods and I took blood from a child for the first time as well. Just was a really good night and learnt a lot over all.

Also, could you do me a massive favour and send me any past papers you have? From any years and for any years (I thought I might as well collect year 2/3/4/5 exams now :p:)

Also, thanks for your help on my Portfolio, I passed Got distinctions on my examples and (surprisingly) the ability to emotionally engage
    Well done! I'll see what I can do about the past papers (I probably have no more than 1 per year and they're from the time when we had access to notes in the exam so slightly harder probably than what you'd get).

(Original post by Captain Crash)
    How does one request a ban for exam reasons?
    You need to post here and someone should be able to sort it out for you.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Basically, the whole of this particular module is meant to be aimed at helping us transition from medical student to junior doctor but all of the days I'd been on placement up to now I got nothing out of as there were too many other students around. So I did the night shift and was treated like a junior doctor, writing up drug charts, examining patients and being countersigned without the SHO feeling they needed to see the patient themselves, doing discharge letters, requesting bloods and I took blood from a child for the first time as well. Just was a really good night and learnt a lot over all.

Well done! I'll see what I can do about the past papers (I probably have no more than 1 per year and they're from the time when we had access to notes in the exam so slightly harder probably than what you'd get).
    That does sound good What hospital are you at for that? Is everyone in MFE for that module? Because that's what it said on Dr Holland's lecture slides when he was talking about it, but I wasn't sure if that was just an example. Not long to go until you are a doctor now!! How's prep for finals going?

And thanks, one is better than none :p:

ReputationRep:
    Neck Clicker is back in H&R. This is indeed a sign of the end of times.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Neck Clicker is back in H&R. This is indeed a sign of the end of times.
    I have never understood that troll :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have never understood that troll :dontknow:
    Obviously you've never been punched in the neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Indeed. Hence why I wanted to know if pro plus pills worked on people that coffee no longer did :x

But yeah for a week it's amazing, although your heart will be racing/ you'll be sweaty / you'll have shaky hands.

I.e. sympathetic drive gone crazy
    ahh interesting, I have no real need for them, other than their potential to help with revision..

ReputationRep:
    That does sound good What hospital are you at for that? Is everyone in MFE for that module? Because that's what it said on Dr Holland's lecture slides when he was talking about it, but I wasn't sure if that was just an example. Not long to go until you are a doctor now!! How's prep for finals going?

And thanks, one is better than none :p:
    There are far too many of us to squeeze into MFE even though it's probably the area which would be most useful for finals prep. My own prep is going slowly (but steadily-ish). Need to ramp it up a bit now and spend more time on revision and less on TSR though!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    There are far too many of us to squeeze into MFE even though it's probably the area which would be most useful for finals prep. My own prep is going slowly (but steadily-ish). Need to ramp it up a bit now and spend more time on revision and less on TSR though!
    Ahhh I see. So what specialty are you in at the moment? And yeah, I really should too, given that I've still got AR, SSS, 2x OSCEs and the ANP to do :erm: Did you do anatomy SSS at any point? I've signed up to do it next year, but I'm not sure I was quick enough :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I see. So what specialty are you in at the moment? And yeah, I really should too, given that I've still got AR, SSS, 2x OSCEs and the ANP to do :erm: Did you do anatomy SSS at any point? I've signed up to do it next year, but I'm not sure I was quick enough :unsure:
    See your e-mail

:yep: I did Anatomy SSS for Unit 2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.