University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
RJW193
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
vital question, kettles and toasters, does anyone know if we get them in the kitchen or if we have to bring them
PINH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RJW193)
vital question, kettles and toasters, does anyone know if we get them in the kitchen or if we have to bring them
Catered or self-catered?
In self-catered there is a kettle but no toaster I believe. I would wait to get a toaster though, and all chip in as a flat to buy one once you have moved in.
I would think catered would be the same, but I am not certain...
laura2701
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PINH)
Well, that is a relief. Well, apart from the fact neither of us know where we will be yet!
I don't know about you, but not knowing makes me jittery. The fact the it could take until a week before we have to move in makes me nervous, especially if we have to book time slots!
Yeah me too! All last week I was checking my emails so much but I have sort of got tired of waiting now and just not worrying about it! One of my friends also applied to Leodis and hasn't heard, so I have no idea what's going on and why it's taking so long! I wanna buy stuff too but I don't know where I am so I can't really buy too much just basics! x
PINH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by laura2701)
Yeah me too! All last week I was checking my emails so much but I have sort of got tired of waiting now and just not worrying about it! One of my friends also applied to Leodis and hasn't heard, so I have no idea what's going on and why it's taking so long! I wanna buy stuff too but I don't know where I am so I can't really buy too much just basics! x
I was the same, constantly checking my email (still am a little bit to be honest)!
I know that everything is alright, and that sorting out 8000 people takes a long time, so people are bound to have to wait, but I wish I knew where I was going to be.
I don't want to ring them up 'cause I would feel guilty I was wasting their time! Afterall, I don't suppose I need to know right this second... I just hope that when I finally to find out I am still able to book a timeslot for the Saturday (I can't move in any other day!). Eeeep!
Ah, by stuff do you mean furniture and things? I don't think I am getting anything like that... at least not until I can save up some money!
laura2701
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PINH)
I was the same, constantly checking my email (still am a little bit to be honest)!
I know that everything is alright, and that sorting out 8000 people takes a long time, so people are bound to have to wait, but I wish I knew where I was going to be.
I don't want to ring them up 'cause I would feel guilty I was wasting their time! Afterall, I don't suppose I need to know right this second... I just hope that when I finally to find out I am still able to book a timeslot for the Saturday (I can't move in any other day!). Eeeep!
Ah, by stuff do you mean furniture and things? I don't think I am getting anything like that... at least not until I can save up some money!
I mean like pans and stuff lol! And just little things! This weeks the only week I can go shopping too so we will have to see if we hear :/! I can only move in on Saturday too so I was worried about the slots too! I might call later and just ask but then again I'm worried about annoying them too lol! I just wanna know where I'm staying lol, I honestly don't mind where I am, I just wanna know! X
laura2701
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PINH)
I just called! They were fine about me calling and said I'm at the top of the pile and should hear in next day but not today cos they are short staff with the bank holiday. If u applied by 1st July you will probs hear tomorrow too cos they start allocating people who applied after dead line at the end of this week
PINH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I mean like pans and stuff lol! And just little things! This weeks the only week I can go shopping too so we will have to see if we hear :/! I can only move in on Saturday too so I was worried about the slots too! I might call later and just ask but then again I'm worried about annoying them too lol! I just wanna know where I'm staying lol, I honestly don't mind where I am, I just wanna know! X
Oh! I did think buying furniture might be a bit odd, but for some reason that is what my mind first thought of!

I don't mind either really. The only place that I don't particularly want to be is Boddington: just because I have had to deal with with traveling an hour to get to college, then an hour back, for 3 years and I really don't want to have to go through it again!
Though if I did get put there, it wouldn't be the end of the world I supppose. I have heard there are a lot of flat parties, which is more my thing than clubs, so silver lining and all that.

I was hoping that I could find out through the portal thingy-ma-bob, but my accomodation intro isn't showing up yet. Have you had a look?
PINH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just called! They were fine about me calling and said I'm at the top of the pile and should hear in next day but not today cos they are short staff with the bank holiday. If u applied by 1st July you will probs hear tomorrow too cos they start allocating people who applied after dead line at the end of this week
Ooo! Did they tell you what you got, or just that you will hear soon?
That puts my mind at ease a bit, as I did apply before the deadline (only a couple of days before mind you!).
Thanks for letting me know, maybe I can stop panicing a bit now.
xx_emmarr_xx
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PINH)
Ah! I have applied to Leodis and still haven't heard. I hope that doesn't mean something has gone wrong!
Same!
PINH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xx_emmarr_xx)
Same!
As laura2701 just said all applications done before July 1st should be dealt with before the end of the week. Don't worry.
tassie8D
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also applied to Leodis and havent heard so I wouldn't worry about it!x
i just gave them a call and they told me they had to sort out terms and conditions etc so they can't send out some of the contracts because they're still with the lawyers just give them a call and ask them...i'm really happy i got james baillie
laura2701
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PINH)
Ooo! Did they tell you what you got, or just that you will hear soon?
That puts my mind at ease a bit, as I did apply before the deadline (only a couple of days before mind you!).
Thanks for letting me know, maybe I can stop panicing a bit now.
They didnt say what I had, just I will get the email by Thursday at latest we can both stop worrying now
PINH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They didnt say what I had, just I will get the email by Thursday at latest we can both stop worrying now
That is awesome.
LifeGaveMeLemon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What day are we meant to move into our accommodation? Apparently lectures start on the 26th so i presume freshers week is the 19th, but when do we get there!?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LifeGaveMeLemon)
What day are we meant to move into our accommodation? Apparently lectures start on the 26th so i presume freshers week is the 19th, but when do we get there!?
You can move in from the day your accom contract starts, although most people will probably move in on the weekend (17th/18th) for one reason or another.
anny11
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pendrive)
I am doing Business management and philosophy joint honours , i was considering doing sociology instead of philosophy because i had never done it like you, but i stuck with what i know with philosophy
Ohhh very nice ;D and aah I did philosophy at alevel, was considering doing it at uni too but for some reason I just didn't want to haha, probably gonna regret choosing sociology if i turn out to be rubbish at it hahaha xxxx
Pendrive
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anny11)
Ohhh very nice ;D and aah I did philosophy at alevel, was considering doing it at uni too but for some reason I just didn't want to haha, probably gonna regret choosing sociology if i turn out to be rubbish at it hahaha xxxx
Yeh same i did philosophy at A-level, so decided to play it safe and stick with it, plus i found it really interesting. TBH i wanted to just do business management but that was 3 A's which i was not confident of getting so did joint honours to guarantee place, only needed ABB . Still im sure i will enjoy Philosophy
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When can we start registering for electives out of interest? I quite want to do beginners Italian or French, advanced German or some beginners Russian. Got to think about it first but I imagine they fill really quickly.
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teh User)
When can we start registering for electives out of interest? I quite want to do beginners Italian or French, advanced German or some beginners Russian. Got to think about it first but I imagine they fill really quickly.
I think you can do it once you've gone through the registration process, but I didn't do it until freshers last year as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and we had an introduction to the uni's IT system.
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
I think you can do it once you've gone through the registration process, but I didn't do it until freshers last year as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.
I've just done the registration process, but the system says I'm not currently allowed to change or add any modules. Was there a fair choice when you looked for electives at freshers?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads