Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Exeter sent me an offer package yesterday, and now they're inviting me to an open day... :ninja:

where is my RHUL offer?!

(Original post by medbh4805)
    I suppose it can vary a lot depending on the school. I only had a week in total, but it was this week so as to incorporate Halloween (which is a big deal here) :dontknow:
    Oh, why is a Halloween a big deal? Traditional reasons or...?

ReputationRep:
    We get 9 weeks for summer :smug:
    Haha... WHAT IS THIS

whhyyyy :cry: Iz it coz you're catholic?

And I get 8 weeks. Really must start making plans for summer DDDDDDDDD :party: :woo:

when are you 18?

ReputationRep:
    ooooh have ELATers been discussing at all??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    Haha... WHAT IS THIS

And I get 8 weeks. Really must start making plans for summer DDDDDDDDD :party: :woo:

when are you 18?
    I already am 18

I'm (hopefully) going to be working this summer, need to save up because I want to do a CELTA/TESOL in the summer after 1st year....

all schools in NI get a long summer :smug: but in RoI they get 3 months!! :gasp:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha... WHAT IS THIS

when are you 18?
    plans for summer already?! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punctuation)
    Oh, why is a Halloween a big deal? Traditional reasons or...?
    traditional reasons maybe....it was celebrated by my grandparents so it's not an American importation like a lot of people say, here at least. Meh, we get about 20,000 tourists and there's a big carnaval with parades and fireworks and stuff so.... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Are there no other LNATers out there? :eek:

by the way... talking to the other applicants pre-TSA, I felt like TSA was a really awkward acronym to say out loud. I also came to the conclusion that 'ELAT' sounded very nice, and the PAT and HATers didn't say 'pat' or 'hat'
    How do you say it out loud?
    Pat and Hat both sound cute to me and apparently people do say 'hat'? I heard it on a podcast from a history tutor.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Schlegel)
    How do you say it out loud?
    Pat and Hat both sound cute to me and apparently people do say 'hat'? I heard it on a podcast from a history tutor.
    just 'tee-es-ay' I suppose. :dontknow:

Yeah they do except the applicants at my test centre were, I don't know, noobs so they just spelled it out

Something I found very amusing whilst talking to the other applicants was that they would say 'economics and management' or 'politics, philosophy and economics'. I would be very confused for about two seconds before, "oh, you mean E&M/PPE!"

:rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by _becca)
    Eeeeeeelat. It's because English is the best subject
    :giggle:

All the ELATers I talked to were really nice, cool people. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niki_girl)
    Yeah I completely missed the point of 1a especially, oh dear.....1a. + 1b. were only worth 20 marks though, so in theory we could have still scored around 55-60 and be considered for interview? *prays*
    I reckon I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I got 0 for 1b)- I completely missed the point. But I still live in hope that my answers for the rest of them would score around 55/60 . The thing is, they mark so differently to A level examiners, so it's so hard to play the numbers game

ReputationRep:
    I already am 18

I'm (hopefully) going to be working this summer, need to save up because I want to do a CELTA/TESOL in the summer after 1st year....

all schools in NI get a long summer :smug: but in RoI they get 3 months!! :gasp:
    Oh! I've gotta wait till June! ... or persuade my friend to lemme borrow hers, great how we look so alike... not.

haha What's that? ceeebs to GGL. Murm yeash I should probs do that tooo but I wana go on a European/SEA roadtrip :woo:

plans for summer already?! :lol:
    Hell yes! I'm leaving it quite even. Just so un-organized.

Earlier you book, the cheaper it is
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hell yes! I'm leaving it quite even. Just so un-organized.

Earlier you book, the cheaper it is
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froodles)
    I reckon I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I got 0 for 1b)- I completely missed the point. But I still live in hope that my answers for the rest of them would score around 55/60 . The thing is, they mark so differently to A level examiners, so it's so hard to play the numbers game
    Yeah I definitely got 0 for 1a, and maybe 10 for 1b (if they're feeling generous), although I would love to see the look on their faces when they mark 1c, and desperately wait for some sort of logical argument to form...and it doesn't I'm aiming for about 55 marks in total, that seems to be the cut-off point for interview

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

All the ELATers I talked to were really nice, cool people. :cool:

:banana:

:bl:

The 1 Canadian I've ever talked to was lovely also, tehe
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by _becca)
    :banana:

:bl:

The 1 Canadian I've ever talked to was lovely also, tehe
    :woo:

At first I thought you meant taking the ELAT with you and I was confused...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear
    oh dear indeed. I forgot to put in late* oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niki_girl)
    Yeah I definitely got 0 for 1a, and maybe 10 for 1b (if they're feeling generous), although I would love to see the look on their faces when they mark 1c, and desperately wait for some sort of logical argument to form...and it doesn't I'm aiming for about 55 marks in total, that seems to be the cut-off point for interview
    Same. Before doing the exam, I was aiming to do quite well, but after doing it I think I'd be happy with anything above 50. Ah well, we'll see when the time comes. I do wish they'd tell you the score though, so if you got an interview you'd know how realistic your chances were, given your HAT score.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    oh dear indeed. I forgot to put in late* oops.
    Oh okay now that sentence makes sense

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

At first I thought you meant taking the ELAT with you and I was confused...
    Noooo. I have a question though, what IS the difference between the American and Canadian accent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Froodles)
    Same. Before doing the exam, I was aiming to do quite well, but after doing it I think I'd be happy with anything above 50. Ah well, we'll see when the time comes. I do wish they'd tell you the score though, so if you got an interview you'd know how realistic your chances were, given your HAT score.
    It's funny how when you first see the paper or hear of it, you think 70/100 is a reasonable score, but I will be amazingly happy if I get anything above 50! I wonder why they don't realise the scores like they do for the other aptitude tests...although I have half given up on getting an interview now but I just want to know!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.