Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    It seems like all the rejections were due to the PS, I really don't buy it.
    It has to be PS though, if you think about it. If someone was lacking the grades then they would have been rejected much earlier on. I'm talking before the 5 week email. So I suppose at this stage, everyone has similar grades with only the PS to differentiate.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying LSE are closed and my application is still under consideration they will get back to me after 2 weeks.. So Still waiting eekk.
    Congrats to everyone with offers these last two days and sad to hear about the rejections on basis of PS especially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rejecteeeeeed for IR!

If you guys have any questions on my app, let me know! Hope you all could get in, good luckkkkkkk!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasterChe)
    Rejected for IR today. Disappointing but life goes on. Hopefully get an offer from Kings so I have a chance of studying in London.

EDIT - Found out my PS wasn't "sufficiently compelling as other applicants" despite being "Well qualified".
    Got the exact same email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shehr)
    Rejecteeeeeed for IR!

If you guys have any questions on my app, let me know! Hope you all could get in, good luckkkkkkk!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you send me a private message with your grades, general ps stuff...

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alwaysannoyed)
    Congrats!!!! Did you get that just now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got the ucas notif ysd and got lse offer email today

ReputationRep:
    I'm still being b****y assessed!! I.e they don't want to ruin my Christmas so I'll be rejected in the new year :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by season1209)
    I got the exact same email, was 4 weeks into my 7 week email. Applied to BSc Economics.
    Yeah today marked 4 weeks out of 7 for me too. Applied for BSc Stats w/Finance

ReputationRep:
    Just got the christmas closure email...at least it's not a rejection lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    I think LSE have a policy of only giving one offer out. Someone posted a link on this to their FAQs a while back. So perhaps they thought you were more suited to Economics.
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    It seems like all the rejections were due to the PS, I really don't buy it.
    They said that I got rejected due to my personal statement, they did not mention anything about them only giving me an offer for one course only. And the same thing happened to my friend accept that he got an Maths and Econ offer yesterday and an Economics rejection today. It does seem like its true that LSE only gives out one offer per applicant.But its fine, LSE maths and econ was my fifth choice anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Very scary indeed.

I just received an email stating that they are still considering my application and will require an additional two weeks.

This is for IR. I feel lucky to avoid today's onslaught of IR rejections!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks LSE: another 2 weeks :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Just had a heart attack from that email that LSE sent about them now being closed for the holidays.

Honestly thought it was going to be a rejection :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quite a few rejections over the last two days so I was half expecting one.. was slightly glad it was a neutral email lol (even though i want a decision SOON)

ReputationRep:
    The School will contact UCAS with the final decision on your application as soon as possible. We advise that you continue check 'UCAS Track' using your username and password"

And so begins religiously checking track every half hour for the next few weeks....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    Hiya, did you get this today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey yes

ReputationRep:
    rejection for maths & economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Congratulations! May I know what were your grades like?
    Got 4 A for AS and predicted A*A*A :P

(Original post by comebackasfire7)
    Have any internationals received offers so far this week ?
    Yep, me xD

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Maths with Econ

ReputationRep:
    8 weeks past my 5 week email and not a word from LSE. Screw them - Imperial wins.

ReputationRep:
    Do people think that Durham or LSE have a better social scene? heard mixed stuff about both and gonna start trying to decide between them over xmas... also my thoughts are with those still waiting, i know how it feels and hope you all have a lovely xmas to take your mind off of it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.