Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Zürich)
    Meet me tomorrow on Highbury fields, bring a ball. I can pass to you and you can return to me, we could carry on for hours. This basic **** surely shows that not good passing is about seeing things others can not and then making the ball travel in that direction. Ramsey is a clumsy player who will scrap for the ball and then hopefully offlad to someone who will do something intelligent with the ball.

This is is not analysis of Rmsey. This is hours of Ramsey's struggle to achieve basic maneuvers, before seeing him actually find a roll and praising him to the hills for it. People like you will be the death of Ramsey with your bull**** aspirations. People like me will make Ramsey by praising him when he is genuinely effective and a match winner.

Also the comparison of Ramsey to Parlour is both lazy and pathetic. Parlour was a utility man you felt comfortable with and could hold his own with Henry, Pires and Bergkamp. I doubt Ramsey could hold a ****.
    Each to their own, at the end of the day what kinds is the opinion of the man picking the team, Wenger. If ramsey is soo bad, i'm pretty sure he;d be gone by now. Wenger sticks with players in bad patches because he knows they have something special.

I'll forgive you because its a friday night, and you've probably had a drink or two , but if you're not tipsy then you need to re-evaluate your life. WHERE IN ANY OF MY POSTS TODAY HAVE I COMPARED RAMSEY TO PARLOUR?

ReputationRep:
    Falcao's getting paid €270k a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Each to their own, at the end of the day what kinds is the opinion of the man picking the team, Wenger. If ramsey is soo bad, i'm pretty sure he;d be gone by now. Wenger sticks with players in bad patches because he knows they have something special.

I'll forgive you because its a friday night, and you've probably had a drink or two , but if you're not tipsy then you need to re-evaluate your life. WHERE IN ANY OF MY POSTS TODAY HAVE I COMPARED RAMSEY TO PARLOUR?
    Denilson had ****ing years at Arsenal. Years. I love Wenger but he loves his players more than he loves Arsenal. It shows.

some fella made the Parlour/Ramsey connection and ive heard it a dozen times. Parlour was a very effective and dependable player and comparing him to Ramsey is ludicrous. When Parlour got hold of the ball his instinct was to run and open the play up and then link up. Ramsey just runs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    some fella made the Parlour/Ramsey connection and ive heard it a dozen times. Parlour was a very effective and dependable player and comparing him to Ramsey is ludicrous. When Parlour got hold of the ball his instinct was to run and open the play up and then link up. Ramsey just runs.
    It was me.

The only comparison I made was that both players were technically limited but willing to run hard. Irregardless of playing styles, effectiveness etc, I don't think that was a particularly outrageous statement to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    It was me.

The only comparison I made was that both players were technically limited but willing to run hard. Irregardless of playing styles, effectiveness etc, I don't think that was a particularly outrageous statement to make.
    yeah I agree that Arsenal need players like Ramsey badly, but Parlour was actually a very very competent player(helped that he loved the Arsenal) and had much more to his game than Ramsey has right now. As I said, Parlour could hold it together with Vieira, Pires Bergkamp and Henry and the only real comparison I see is that both are British and that people want them to do well. Of cource Ramsey is still young.....

But is Ramsey 'good' at passing? Only in the sense that Denilson was.

ReputationRep:
    How I feeel every time we're linked to a player

[IMG]gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/31769161-rage-gif-.gif[/IMG]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Tbh ramsey has been more important than wilshere this season, or the second half at least, which is where we got the business done imo. People need to get off his back. Underhand compliments like him being motm in matches of low quality are very ignorant. With the technically gifted players we've had season in season out, is it not these same games we would be losing or squandering leads on seasons ago? ramsey, and Wilshere are the future of arsenal, its as simple as that really, if Wenger didn't have faith in him, he wouldn't have offered him a new contract. When wilshere played most recently for us, he's been quite poor, losing possession etc, with ramsey picking up the slack and quickly getting back possession.

I may be deluded, but i think he's coming into his own, his role has been redefined in recent years from a play maker to a more box to box player, but i think it suits him, he just needs to work on his finishing abit more because he always gets into great positions. Passing as i've said before is one of his strong points, those of you criticising his "sideways passes" obviously have no understanding of build-up play/ we do not know his instructions from the manager, he could have been told to play safe passes and maintain possession.

He's by no means perfect, very far off it, and he needs to cut those stupid flicks out of his game, but i'm more than happy with him tbh. He's only 22 and will get better, and seems to be a player who loves arsenal through and through,covering every blade of the grass when he can. Maybe i'm abit biased because i admire people like him that persevere and overcome hardship despite all odds, but I don't think he's this player lacking in quality that a lot of people make him out to be.
    This. I find it weird people still refer to Ramsey as just a squad player or a player to have from the bench - his improvement this season has been mindblowing, considering people were saying in the first half of the season we should sell him. Not to mention getting booed by Arsenal fans. He's very disciplined in his defensive duties and is always busting a gut to win the ball back, his pressing is outstanding and he has one of the highest tackle/success rates out of any player in Europe. can't find the table for it now but his tackle conversion rate is statistically in the top 5 in europe. I can see arteta being more of a bench player than him next season more than anything. Ramsey;s still young (probably only 20 in terms of his injury age ) and he's only going to get better.

On a separate note, Sam Rhodes (twitter bio says he works for the telegraph and is "privy to certain arsenal news") has said we've put in a formal bid of £12m for Viktor Wanyama. Excellent news if true. Yaya Sanogo has also completed his medical so he'll probably be unveiled in a day or so.

According to l'Equipe saying Marseille have held talks with Gervinho's representative's but Wenger doesn't want to let him go, even on loan. I think a loan until January would be excellent for us and for Gervinho tbh.

Also found this interesting:

Where Arsenal goals came from 2012/13:

Open Play - 62.5%
    Set Piece - 16.6%
    Counter Attack - 9.7%
    Penalties - 7%
    Own Goals - 4%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

On a separate note, Sam Rhodes (twitter bio says he works for the telegraph and is "privy to certain arsenal news") has said we've put in a formal bid of £12m for Viktor Wanyama. Excellent news if true. Yaya Sanogo has also completed his medical so he'll probably be unveiled in a day or so.

:
    Fake account.

http://www.tineye.com/search/5677661...ver=chrome-1.1

https://twitter.com/SamuelRhodes_

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    This. I find it weird people still refer to Ramsey as just a squad player or a player to have from the bench - his improvement this season has been mindblowing, considering people were saying in the first half of the season we should sell him. Not to mention getting booed by Arsenal fans. He's very disciplined in his defensive duties and is always busting a gut to win the ball back, his pressing is outstanding and he has one of the highest tackle/success rates out of any player in Europe. can't find the table for it now but his tackle conversion rate is statistically in the top 5 in europe. I can see arteta being more of a bench player than him next season more than anything.:
    I'm stunned this is coming from you! ? Speechless

I agreed with your analysis upto this point

ReputationRep:
    If arteta is a bench player then we would have to give the captainship and I dont want that turning out like vermaelen. Arteta has been a good captain though.

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly Walcott is playing up front for England tommorow thoughts ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)

1. I think it's because I want Ramsey to succeed at Arsenal, I really feel like he could spend his career with us. So maybe that is blurring my decisions but I just respect him a lot for his hard work on the pitch and constant improvement.

Arteta is in his 30's now. This season out of all our players he has probably had more touches than anyone and has been the person to get the ball from our defence to attack, for which he put in a very good shift considering it's probably the hardest role he's faced in his football career. It feels weird saying this but where cesc and RVP have been focal points in the past few seasons, Arteta has done that for us this season. I am not saying he isn't a good player by any stretch of the imagination - but do you not feel that there has not been many times this season where our defence has managed to get the ball through to Giroud/Poldi/Walcott with smooth ease? There were times this season such as the 1-0 v QPR (in the first half of the season) where I was wondering how on earth we were every going to looks like launching an attack. As unlikely as it may be, if we were to really try and push for the title next season, would you feel comfortable with Arteta in the dm/cm role he is playing now? He really is not as sound positionally in defence as many think, though of course it's not a role he's used to. I've drifted from my point lol - my point was that given he's 32 next season and can't create beautiful chances for our attack in the way Wilshere can and Cesc could (I know Arteta plays a deeper role but so has Wilshere at times this season and he's still created chances), can we really have him as the focal, main guy in our team responsible for the start of our attacks? Ramsey is much younger and will only improve whereas arteta will not.

He does offer much-needed calm and experience yes - for example when Spurs scored their 2nd goal in the 5-2, Arteta ensured we took the flow out of their attacks by keeping possession and slowing the game down. But we need Arsenal to do more than that now if we want to seriously compete for trophies. I just feel that with Wenger on board, finances starting to look positive and many young players looking like the promising core of our future, we can start to push on for silverware and I just feel like a team of our stature can do better than arteta. For example, the amount of time wasted this season by Arteta passing the ball aimlessly around our defence shows for me that although he is a good player for us (and I honestly do feel bad criticising him as I really like Arteta), he is not a title-winner. Being marked out so easily and effectively by Rooney in the 1-2 v United this season shows that he can be taken out of games, and when that happens our defence cannot get a ball to our attack at all.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Arteta will feature a lot for us next season. But in my opinion, given his age and that he is not "top, top, quality", surely the upcoming season is one where we have to begin phasing him out of our first 11. Given the amount of £££ we are due to get due to commercial deals over the next few years, do you not feel that we could afford somewhat better soon?

ReputationRep:
    Oh also we signed Daniel Crowley today. Only 15 years old so the club probably won't make an official announcement.

Really? Damn. Why would anyone make a fake Sam Rhodes account :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)

I don't see why it is such a shocking sentiment? Having both Arteta and Ramsey in the same midfield is pretty pointless as they both offer almost the exact same qualities. If we buy a new defensive minded midfield player the need for Arteta in the first XI will be considerably reduced as he will likely be replaced by the DM, he doesn't have the energy and tenacity that Wilshere/Ramsey/Chambo offer in the box to box role and he isn't creative enough to play as our AM.

He is a good player and being in four competitions plus the inevitable injuries/suspensions means there will still be plenty of opportunities for him to play. Overall, he is only a good first team option but a very good squad/rotation option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClementGrenier)
    I have made the choice [which club I want to join] for sporting reasons above all. Arsenal? It could well be them. There would be competition for places, but you get that at all big clubs and it does not stop me making my decision. I am still young, but I have always set myself targets and I do everything possible to exceed them.
    Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Is Grenier any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Supposedly Walcott is playing up front for England tommorow thoughts ?
    So we're looking at an 8-1-1 formation with both 1's playing a defensive version of their standard roles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    The fact that AVB responded to chezney with "your not a real fan" nonsense made him look like a fool. He shouldn't really be responding to players. I also notice how Wenger never mentioned Spurs in his conferences, he always maintained arsenal should focus on themselves. AVB has a lot to learn and if he's wise he'd sell Bale abroad so he doesn't plague the PL next season
    How exactly does Bale "plague" the league?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh with players like Ramsey and Arteta playing week and week out I can only see Arsenal fighting for a place in the top 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    How exactly does Bale "plague" the league?
    It's pretty obvious what he meant i.e. he isn't the type of player you want your direct rivals having on their team.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.