Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PFO from HSF with a lengthy email about what they are looking for. "There are many more high calibre applicants than we can accommodate and you should not be unduly discouraged." Kinda hard not to be discouraged with all PFOs so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chasingtruths)
    PFO from HSF with a lengthy email about what they are looking for. "There are many more high calibre applicants than we can accommodate and you should not be unduly discouraged." Kinda hard not to be discouraged with all PFOs so far.
    sorry to hear that, was that post or pre AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.o)
    Still haven't heard a single thing from Macfarlanes...
    I'm in the same boat :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red31)
    sorry to hear that, was that post or pre AC?

Pre AC, thought i had a better chance since I went for the first year scheme. but nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renoiresse)
    Has anyone heard back from the PwC Legal post telephone interview?
    Nope! Mine was first thing on Monday morning. Not holding out much hope though as mine wasn't brilliant. When was yours? Was told I'd hear within a few days so expecting it imminently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeymanC3)
    DWF interview. However, they wrote:

"However, as you have noted that you are available to start a training contract in 2015/ 2016 we would like to fast-track your application and progress you to an interview for a Training Contract instead of the Vacation Scheme."

Is that quite a common procedure to allow them to get an understanding of more candidates?

I had this reply as well. I assume its because the process for recruiting for TC ends before the Vac Schemes take place, so what they're thinking is if they don't want to give you a TC they wouldn't take you on the Vac Scheme. I'm not complaining it's my first interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LP23)
    Nope! Mine was first thing on Monday morning. Not holding out much hope though as mine wasn't brilliant. When was yours? Was told I'd hear within a few days so expecting it imminently.
    Hi, mine was Wednesday morning and it was awful! I was asked to give several examples for the same questions. Also, I might have misinterpreted one question for the global acumen value, because the interviewer asked me to give three different examples.
    Why did you think that yours wasn't brilliant?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, mine was Wednesday morning and it was awful! I was asked to give several examples for the same questions. Also, I might have misinterpreted one question for the global acumen value, because the interviewer asked me to give three different examples.
    Mine was also first thing Monday. Not heard back. The interviewer said we should hear back early next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbythetinker)
    I had this reply as well. I assume its because the process for recruiting for TC ends before the Vac Schemes take place, so what they're thinking is if they don't want to give you a TC they wouldn't take you on the Vac Scheme. I'm not complaining it's my first interview!!!
    Congrats on the interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Congrats on the interview!
    Thanks! Chuffed to bits!

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone tell me when the Slater and Gordon opening/deadline was? I know I've missed the deadline but wanted to know for next time.. Also do they recruit one year in advance, it all is very vague and unclear on their website and says 2014/2015 VS/TC have closed but says nothing about 2016/17.. Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone completed the WLG telephone interview for a vac scheme? Please can you let me know what to expect? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmtreebackpack)
    Could anyone tell me when the Slater and Gordon opening/deadline was? I know I've missed the deadline but wanted to know for next time.. Also do they recruit one year in advance, it all is very vague and unclear on their website and says 2014/2015 VS/TC have closed but says nothing about 2016/17.. Thanks for any help!
    I've found their website very vague too. Everytime I checked their website it just said "updates regarding future Training Contracts will be posted on this page in early 2015" but yet to see any other info. Also interested to hear about their deadlines!

ReputationRep:
    OMM anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Well after every answer I gave he asked 'and what did you learn from that'? Which makes me think I wasn't giving him the answer he needed each time. I had usually sort of answered that in the question so I had to try not to repeat myself and I ended up doing exactly that! I didn't really get a chance to show how much I knew about the firm or the PwC network so I was disappointed. Plus didn't get asked anything about commercial awareness/a recent business story which I had expected!

ReputationRep:
    Dechert interview invite post telephone interview yay! Anyone else coming to the interview on March 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wodus92)
    Dechert interview invite post telephone interview yay! Anyone else coming to the interview on March 2nd?
    Invited but can't go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London18)
    Hi. I applied on the 23rd Jan and was asked to complete the tests on 30th and completed them on the 1st Feb. I was invited to interview on the 12th.

Hope that is of some help!
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pasdesdeux)
    Invited but can't go!
    Oh why so? Do you already have vac scheme with conflicting schedule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbythetinker)
    Hi what office was this for? I also applied for the DWF vac scheme (Manchester) and have an interview but they did not say that about the TC direct and I also ticked available 2015.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.