Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon606)
    Need help deciding which one to firm out of Leeds (AAA) Loughborough (AAB), was predicted to get A*, A, C will probably get the same, prefer Leeds but think it might be too unrealistic
    Leeds is very nice, and I hated loughborough. Leeds also has a way better reputation. Might as well go for it, you'll regret it if you get AAA and end up at Loughborough

ReputationRep:
    Need help deciding which one to firm out of Leeds (AAA) Loughborough (AAB), was predicted to get A*, A, C will probably get the same, prefer Leeds but think it might be too unrealistic
    What are you thinking as putting as an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a second year Economics student at Loughborough and I absolutely love it. Its consistently in the top 15 in Uni league tables and its placement students/graduates have a fantastic rep with top company's. I recently secured a Placement with Morgan Stanley, so its certainly nothing to write off. The campus is beautiful, Loughborough is one of the top for student satisfaction, has the best Student Union's in the country and been awarded best experience numerous times in recent years. There is a great Hall atmopshere with events like the sing-off during freshers and IMS sport over the year. The AU sport teams and facilities are also unrivaled. Nightlife may get repetitive but Nottingham and Leicester are on your doorstep if youre that bothered. I may be slightly biased, but you'd be a fool to write off this course and institution off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    Leeds is very nice, and I hated loughborough. Leeds also has a way better reputation. Might as well go for it, you'll regret it if you get AAA and end up at Loughborough
    Quite liked Loughborough but think I do prefer Leeds and that's a good point but I think if I choose Loughborough as firm then they might let me slip a grade to ABB, whereas if I have it as insurance they might be more strict

(Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    What are you thinking as putting as an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I firm Leeds then probably Loughborough

(Original post by Burty123)
    I'm a second year Economics student at Loughborough and I absolutely love it. Its consistently in the top 15 in Uni league tables and its placement students/graduates have a fantastic rep with top company's. I recently secured a Placement with Morgan Stanley, so its certainly nothing to write off. The campus is beautiful, Loughborough is one of the top for student satisfaction, has the best Student Union's in the country and been awarded best experience numerous times in recent years. There is a great Hall atmopshere with events like the sing-off during freshers and IMS sport over the year. The AU sport teams and facilities are also unrivaled. Nightlife may get repetitive but Nottingham and Leicester are on your doorstep if youre that bothered. I may be slightly biased, but you'd be a fool to write off this course and institution off.
    Went to the applicant day a few weeks ago, and yeah the placement year looks good but Leeds also offer that and you can do a years study abroad instead. But the campus is really nice, amazing sports facilities and the course does look good

ReputationRep:
    Went to the applicant day a few weeks ago, and yeah the placement year looks good but Leeds also offer that and you can do a years study abroad instead. But the campus is really nice, amazing sports facilities and the course does look good
    You can do studying abroad here too. All I meant is top companies regularly hire from Luff and they have a good rep which is advantageous to its students, Im not sure if Leeds has that same rep. Tbh the main difference is Leeds is a Major City campus whereas Loughborough is all together, to some people thats a big factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burty123)
    You can do studying abroad here too. All I meant is top companies regularly hire from Luff and they have a good rep which is advantageous to its students, Im not sure if Leeds has that same rep. Tbh the main difference is Leeds is a Major City campus whereas Loughborough is all together, to some people thats a big factor.
    Omg yes! I had work experience at Nomura a few weeks ago and almost all of the interns/people who were on the grad programme were from either Bath or Loughborough which was quite strange xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has been to Warwick Economics open day? Is it worth going to if i'm already planning on firming it?
    I'm going on the campus tour to see what the accommodation is like but just wondering what benefit the economics offer holder open day would have in my situation.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aditkulkarni)
    Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has been to Warwick Economics open day? Is it worth going to if i'm already planning on firming it?
    I'm going on the campus tour to see what the accommodation is like but just wondering what benefit the economics offer holder open day would have in my situation.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
    I plan to go to the one on the 22nd April, I'm assuming you are too? I plan on firming it too right now, but I'm going to go to look at accommodation (other than Rootes, which was all I saw in June), and I think going might be the way to know if you won't change your mind about the place, seeing it during term time with students (and possibly worse weather), rather than when the Uni's trying to sell itself like at the general open days.

ReputationRep:
    Which should I insure for Economics/Economics and Management: Bristol, Durham, KCL, Exeter? And why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconApplicant2)
    Which should I insure for Economics/Economics and Management: Bristol, Durham, KCL, Exeter? And why?
    where are you firming and what grades are your offers?

ReputationRep:
    UCL
    Bristol: 36, Durham: 38, KCL: 35, Exeter: 38.

ReputationRep:
    UCL
    Bristol: 36, Durham: 38, KCL: 35, Exeter: 38.
    sorry for 20 questions but it's difficult to give advice without all the info

whats your ucl offer and what are your predictions?

I'm guessing it's just kcl that's econ&management right?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted 3A. Offers from York, Leeds and Newcastle (3A) and Leicester (ABB) not sure what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Ahah sorry - I should've been more precise.
    UCL offer is 39 (766 at HL, 7 in maths), and I'm predicted 41.
    KCL and Durham are both Economics and Management, the rest are just Econ.

ReputationRep:
    Ahah sorry - I should've been more precise.
    UCL offer is 39 (766 at HL, 7 in maths), and I'm predicted 41.
    KCL and Durham are both Economics and Management, the rest are just Econ.
    hmm if you're doing higher level maths and need to get a 7 for ucl you must be pretty into maths, so I'd say Bristol is probably the best fit for your skill set and should easily be within your means with that prediction so I'd go for them

Obviously you should look at module choices available and the cities themselves before making any definite decisions

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice that's probably what I'll end up doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    Predicted 3A. Offers from York, Leeds and Newcastle (3A) and Leicester (ABB) not sure what to do?
    If I was you I'd insure Leicester then think about what sort of modules you'd like to do when deciding between the others

Newcastle you have to take at least one module from the business school which isn't economics related e.g. marketing or accounting
    Leeds has more mathematical modules so again that's something to consider

And sorry but I don't know anything about york

ReputationRep:
    Warwick really are taking their time aren't they

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    Omg yes! I had work experience at Nomura a few weeks ago and almost all of the interns/people who were on the grad programme were from either Bath or Loughborough which was quite strange xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah at my Morgan Stanley Assessment Centre I was told that 4 would be given offers and I know the 3 candidates from Loughborough (inc me) all got an offer, and other candidates where from top unis; Warwick, Durham, Birmingham, Exeter, Kings (to name a few I remember)

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    All of you economic applicants . For those with offers, congratulations. For those who are waiting, good luck!!
    im in year 12 and want to apply for economics. Where did all of u guys do work experience in summer of year 12?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.