The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ha27
had a sixth form assesmbly wasnt happy with my some mock grades and cried when i got no decdnt explanation cos i revised soo hard. stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't you asked them during parent's evening or after school?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Original post by Steliata
Oh I see, so the 100 closed schools are for the whole of Northern Ireland?

Yeah
Original post by Trihawk7
Yeah

I was gonna say :eek:
Had my mock results day 'envelope moment' today, got 6A*s, 5As and 1B. Overall I'm pretty pleased considering I only revised for things quickly the night before, but I'm pretty disappointed about the B as it's in maths which I'm doing for A level and is normally one of my stronger subjects which I should really be getting A/A* for. I was pretty upset and frustrated because I feel like I really didn't do myself justice and I have to admit I'm pretty gutted about that :frown: However, I do think it was just a lack of revision and practice and I know that's something I need to concentrate my revision on now :smile: I'd like to get at least 7A*s 5As in the summer though, so I'm hoping that my mock results show that's achievable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Black Rose

[What are your other subjects? :smile: No, but am doing GCSE PE Short Course :smile:

Chose Physics, Product Design and Maths so far, not feeling doing extra maths because only just scraping an A in it at GCSE......
got my mock results today
-opens envelope-

1B, 2C's, 1D, 1E, 1F and 1G.

:colondollar: its safe to say i didn't do THAT well..
Original post by ImagineCats
In my year only 24 people took German, 32 French and 29 Spanish :colondollar: Loads of people hate the language, and I don't think anyones taking French a level pahahah

Haha, lucky to get a choice of three languages though! I discovered another prospective German student for next year, although it looks like they'll be two French classes!
Now having serious doubts over my sixth form choice:confused: Out of interest, how many of you would move schools if an amazing subject teacher was also moving to said school?
Reply 3448
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Now having serious doubts over my sixth form choice:confused: Out of interest, how many of you would move schools if an amazing subject teacher was also moving to said school?

I wouldn't move just for one teacher
Haha, lucky to get a choice of three languages though! I discovered another prospective German student for next year, although it looks like they'll be two French classes!

I am one of approximately four people in my area taking A level Chinese. My school is, I think, the only one doing it anywhere near me. I feel kinda lonely lol, I can relate to how you feel :redface:
Reply 3450
Original post by Firenze26
Can't you asked them during parent's evening or after school?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

nopee i cant he already did and just wont budge and plus they get sent off by then it isnt too bad bt sad because i revised hard for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am one of approximately four people in my area taking A level Chinese. My school is, I think, the only one doing it anywhere near me. I feel kinda lonely lol, I can relate to how you feel :redface:

Chinese!? Now I feel deprived of languages, we don't even do Spanish.

Yeah, so do I, none of my friends are taking German - a few French, I guess. The problems with taking the more 'unusual' languages :tongue:

Nah when we came to school in year 7 the yeargoup was split in half, one half did French and German and the other half did French and Spanish. I was going to do French, German and Spanish for GCSE but didn't want to drop geography :redface: I hope the language classes stay tiny! Plus in my school if you take a language you're put into the language form, so I'll be surrounded by my fellow language geeks paha:colondollar:

I'd LOVE to take a level Chinese! I'm so envious of you! Have loads of fun :biggrin:
Nah when we came to school in year 7 the yeargoup was split in half, one half did French and German and the other half did French and Spanish. I was going to do French, German and Spanish for GCSE but didn't want to drop geography :redface: I hope the language classes stay tiny! Plus in my school if you take a language you're put into the language form, so I'll be surrounded by my fellow language geeks paha:colondollar:

We did French, German as singular languages or both. I still both but only about 20 of us chose to. I think smaller classes are so much more helpful, especially within languages, so I hope so too!
We did French, German as singular languages or both. I still both but only about 20 of us chose to. I think smaller classes are so much more helpful, especially within languages, so I hope so too!

I was the only person in my year group to do French and German! 2 people took French and Spanish. I'm so close to giving up with French, but I reaaaallyy want that A*...
Chinese!? Now I feel deprived of languages, we don't even do Spanish.

Yeah, so do I, none of my friends are taking German - a few French, I guess. The problems with taking the more 'unusual' languages :tongue:

Yup. Fortunately I know the people in my class really well and my teacher is awesome, so even though we're the first year group to do A level I'm confident I can do it. :yy:

I'd LOVE to take a level Chinese! I'm so envious of you! Have loads of fun :biggrin:

Thanks, I will :biggrin:
Anyone else happen to have like a mentor in school? I've been assigned one but I'm not really sure what they're going to do and yeah...
Original post by Midnightmemories
Anyone else happen to have like a mentor in school? I've been assigned one but I'm not really sure what they're going to do and yeah...

I have one but to be honest we haven't done anything. We've had one meeting and couldn't think of any targets. :facepalm:
I have one but to be honest we haven't done anything. We've had one meeting and couldn't think of any targets. :facepalm:

I think we will end up having targets 'cause i know the teacher well and she's been helping me with stuff since like year 10.

Latest