Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    How was that not a penalty?
    Looked a pen initially but I think the defender just touched the ball through Ojo's legs.

I think in a tie so finely balanced, the referee doesn't want to give a deciding penalty unless he's sure.

ReputationRep:
    Rather win or lose this, a replay is the last thing we ****ing need.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Looked a pen initially but I think the defender just touched the ball through Ojo's legs.

I think in a tie so finely balanced, the referee doesn't want to give a deciding penalty unless he's sure.
    Yeah, it looks like it. It looked pretty obvious initially though

True.

ReputationRep:
    "Is it your hamstring?"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You should have had a penalty there. If that was down the other end you can bet it would have been given.

Liverpool obviously won't want a replay but it would be incredible for Exeter. A big day out for their fans (and some of their players), plus the income from TV and a share of the Anfield gate receipts would make such a massive difference to them. It would probably pay their wage bill for a year. If I was an Exeter fan i'd rather have that then draw someone like Rotherham away in the 4th round and lose 3-0.

You can bet Klopp will field a stronger team too.

ReputationRep:
    Tiago ilori > Lovren
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Tiago ilori > Lovren
    Smalling's ballsack > Lovren
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    At least we're still in it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Tiago ilori > Lovren
    The way he was playing before his injury, I'd take Lovren over any of your CBs bar Smalling.

ReputationRep:
    Decent performance from the U21s, many weren't match fit.

ReputationRep:
    Good game, fun evening, good chance for the young players to show what they're made of, bit of banter with the addition to our injury list.

Can't see how anyone can complain.

ReputationRep:
    You heard that? 'We gave a good cup tie' You guys just gave bbc reason for ****ing you over.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool have some cracking players coming through the academy. Really liked the look of Teixeira, Smith, Ojo, Sinclair and Kent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The way he was playing before his injury, I'd take Lovren over any of your CBs bar Smalling.
    this aint fifa pal

ReputationRep:
    The youth did a lot better than I expected. Was expecting a draw because of how young our lineup was but it seems we got a draw because of how poor our senior players were...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Pretty hilarious starting line up

Exeter have lost their last 4, we'll win 3-1
    Banter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah tbh banter that Bogdan conceded straight from a corner
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    BBC have said 'You have to give credit to Liverpool'' on at least 3 occasions

You'd think they just drew with Barcelona, not Exeter City

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Liverpool have some cracking players coming through the academy. Really liked the look of Teixeira, Smith, Ojo, Sinclair and Kent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree - it's just a matter of whether they'll be given a chance. There's so much pressure on winning trophies nowadays that young players don't always get a chance to show themselves off.

Teixera looks extremely skilful and could be our next Coutinho.

Smith is absolutely exceptional for his age. His crossing ability is ridiculous and his reactions today for the goal were lovely.

Ojo made a difference as soon as he came on. He moves faster than you would imagine for his size and he's clearly very strong and lively. He really took advantage of other players being tired out.

Sinclair took his goal extremely well but actually I'm still not convinced by him.

Kent is filled with confidence and that's great. He scored that superb goal whilst on loan but similarly to Sinclair, time will tell with him.

ReputationRep:
    Might aswell play the same side minus Enrique and Bogdan (although Mignolet isn't much better). Just add a couple of first teamers to the mix. Klopp should of brought on Lallana.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.