Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else finding the medify AR quite difficult and weird compared to other ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    Vr:670
    AR:590
    QR:770
    average 677 total 2030
    Is this good enough for any london unis. St george maybe
    Hello,*

St George University GEM requires the GAMSAT as an entry exam, not UKCAT.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123ash)
    Hello,*

St George University GEM requires the GAMSAT as an entry exam, not UKCAT.*
    non graduate entry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlettwinters)
    Anyone else finding the medify AR quite difficult and weird compared to other ones?
    YES. i do fairly well in the books that i have however when i first started medify i found it fairly difficult and quite obscure patterns

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone completed Kaplan's diagnostic test in the 'Score Higher on the UKCAT' book, and if so, how did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebro16)
    Guys does anyone know how to calculate scores from the official ukcat mocks....my exam is tomorrow and i just did mock 3
    most people either do

your score/what its out of, x 600 +300

or use this conversion chart from kaplan
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf UKCAT Approx Conversions (1).pdf (74.7 KB, 94 views)

ReputationRep:
    non graduate entry
    aah, sorry, my mistake. Yes for UG I think it's a great score. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    YES. i do fairly well in the books that i have however when i first started medify i found it fairly difficult and quite obscure patterns
    Good, so its not just me. Like all of them have secondary patterns which I hope isn't going to be like the real thing because I never get those. I was doing well in AR in the kaplan mocks so I was really annoyed when I wasn't doing well on medify but I think they are just harder.(hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    Good, so its not just me. Like all of them have secondary patterns which I hope isn't going to be like the real thing because I never get those. I was doing well in AR in the kaplan mocks so I was really annoyed when I wasn't doing well on medify but I think they are just harder.(hopefully)
    yeah i only ever really get one pattern and as ive just done a mock there was a few questions which only had 1 pattern not 2. in mock 2 for AR i got 670

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else find some patterns in the AR mini mock on medify really obscure? like there was one about triangles forming a ring around circles and in one of the boxes it barely even resembled it even with the explanation! I was going great with AR and I feel like I'm falling apart a week before the exam

ReputationRep:
    Vr:670
    AR:590
    QR:770
    average 677 total 2030
    Is this good enough for any london unis. St george maybe
    Don't be silly, it's a good score and you're within a shot for an interview at any London Uni that uses the UKCAT. KCL and Queen Mary don't have a strict cut off point and many people have been interviewed with similar/lower scores before. Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    It was mostly easy, however I found that the type 2,3 and 4 (well, one of them) questions very difficult, especially because of timing. I got about 15 of them and I just didn't have the time to answer them all so I had to guess.
    Would you say the passages were significantly longer than the ones on the official website? Also what proportion of the VR questions were ones that had no key words in them (roughly)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is the most representative source for VR and QR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisdale98)
    did anyone else find some patterns in the AR mini mock on medify really obscure? like there was one about triangles forming a ring around circles and in one of the boxes it barely even resembled it even with the explanation! I was going great with AR and I feel like I'm falling apart a week before the exam
    YES they were so weird I just did that mini mock and I got 600 whereas generally I do better. I think the medify AR is generally more difficult and weird because I was doing fine with the kaplan ones.

ReputationRep:
    YES they were so weird I just did that mini mock and I got 600 whereas generally I do better. I think the medify AR is generally more difficult and weird because I was doing fine with the kaplan ones.
    I got 600 too I'm just praying its like some have said to me about patterns being really simple and obvious haha

ReputationRep:
    Did any currency questions come in the real exam? I really struggle with those. I don't know how to convert currencies.

ReputationRep:
    Guys everyone is always talking about keyboard shortcuts? What are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doculmc7171)
    Guys everyone is always talking about keyboard shortcuts? What are they?
    Alt+n=next
    Alt+p=previous
    Alt+c=calculator
    Alt+f=flag

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! My exam is next week I was wondering how easier/harder is the real thing than the official mocks that are on the UKCAT website? and what about the Kaplan mocks? I'm getting around 700 on the official ones and 750 on the Kaplan ones...

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    610 average, Band 2. Do I still have a chance? Where would it be best to apply?

Thanks in advance )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.