Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediocrecraig)
    4 A*s; I'm in; Don't think I've ever been more relieved in my life.
    Congratulations, now change your username.

:party:

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Just about got in! Thanks to you and everyone else for your help
    Herzliche Glückwünsche!
    Translation: Heartfelt congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I've been summer pooled! Will have to patiently wait for tomorrow, very very scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Also physics is just physics.
    Atleast i got an A in a physics paper for the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahahahah I got 3A*S and 1A but my 1 A was in Physics ahhahahahahahahhaha **** edexcel hahahahahah
    EDIT: sorry sarcasm, I am very happy with my results and can't bloody believe A* Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serine soul)
    just about got in! Thanks to you and everyone else for your help :h
    well done natsci bud! 💜

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I got a D in extended project to complement my 3A*s A S1S XD

ReputationRep:
    Kind of annoyed complacency has cost me a grade

Assumed I had 100 in m3 so didn't revise for the rest of the FM exams (still should've done better tbh) and ended up a mark of the A*.

Can't believe I got 90 ums in M3 with 72/75

Oh well can't really complain happy to be in but probably gonna remark something.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Haha missed my offer by overall 5 grades.
    Comeon homerton, shudve rejected my broke ass.
    Got BBBBBBBBBBBBbBB hahahaha.
    Im laughing so much.
    Missed AFM by 2 UMS do got a B instead of A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, you got in man! How are you going to celebrate?

ReputationRep:
    I got 98/100 in D1 WTAF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    physicsmaths, Serine Sоul, Zacken, Duke Glacia, C0balt

All of you folks claimed that you'll fail (especially Serine Soul) and then you nail your A levels. I told ya! You gonna nail 'em and get in.

Congratzzzzzz
    I was correct in al my predictions actually hehe Got A*A*BB LOLlOLOLOL.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchubertLieder)
    I made it!!! A*A*A despite getting a C on the English paper (May I take this opportunity to thank Jesus for last year's UMS). Any French and/or ab initio German MML peeps here?

Confession: My French essay needed to be 440 words max but it was over 600 and after I'd cut it down I truly thought they wouldn't be able to read the paper at all... I worried in vain!
    Hope everyone else is happy with their results too! :3
    I'm a former French and ab initio German person now going into second year, so let me know if you have any questions!

(Original post by BioOx)
    physicsmaths, Serine Sоul, Zacken, Duke Glacia, C0balt

All of you folks claimed that you'll fail (especially Serine Soul) and then you nail your A levels. I told ya! You gonna nail 'em and get in.

Congratzzzzzz
    Thankss
    I got in by a mere 8 UMS but idc, it's time to celebrate!

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Herzliche Glückwünsche!
    Translation: Heartfelt congratulations
    Herzliche Glückwünshe to you too :hugs:

(Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    well done natsci bud! 💜
    Thanks man, well done to you too!!

(Original post by Messier31)
    Kind of annoyed complacency has cost me a grade

Assumed I had 100 in m3 so didn't revise for the rest of the FM exams (still should've done better tbh) and ended up a mark of the A*.

Can't believe I got 90 ums in M3 with 72/75

Oh well can't really complain happy to be in but probably gonna remark something.
    Leave it! You're in, that's all that matters I said to my maths teacher that I'm sad I didn't get the A* there, but he told me that I won't care in a few months, which is probably true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    Decisions on pooling need to be made by 16:00 today. If you are pooled decisions will be updated when we get them with the aim of having as many done by close of business tomorrow and all finalised by end of Monday.

If you can't wait and want to be released just phone up your college and ask. This is most important for those who have missed their insurance offer and need to enter clearing - if you've made your insurance offer then your place there is guaranteed and I'd advise that you can afford to wait a little for a decision from Cambridge.

I'll be hanging out on my thread if anyone has any results day questions.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Quick question - if my current offer is deferred would any pool offer also be deferred?

ReputationRep:
    Got 4A*'s but 3,3 in STEP goodbye Cambridge lol

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it. Four years ago I'd never have thought that I'd get anywhere near to getting in. Four years of struggle later I have four A*s. This is just the beginning but I cannot thank you all enough, without this thread I would have no information about both the grades I should aspire to, nor the process to get in!

ReputationRep:
    Woo my A Levels did not fail me (well, I did not fail them...). Got in for maths at St John's.

ReputationRep:
    I got in!!!! Take that Warwick I didn't need your stupid conditional offer anyway! Most tense phone call of my life though and the line is dodgy and she's literally saying 'I've just had an email from the maths tutor and he says...' and then the phone cut out and I had to ring her back!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ab66)
    Thanks for the reply!
    Quick question - if my current offer is deferred would any pool offer also be deferred?
    Good question! The applicant's wishes take priority so colleges interested in offering you deferred entry would have first call. If the only colleges interested want to take you for this year then you would be offered a place this year.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get what I wanted but I'm getting priority remarks and Clare said they'll consider everything and get back to me tomorrow. I just want it so much and my results are really not a reflection of the effort I put in

ReputationRep:
    Well I spent this morning lurking through this thread...

Whale, whale, whale... Duke Glacia, C0balt, Serine Soul

First of all, here's a slap for y'all for even thinking that you wouldn't make it. :slap:

Told ya you'd hulk smash your offer, but you didn't listen you stubborn lil coconuts. :slap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! IM GENUINELY SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!! Probably even prouder than your mums (with the exception of your mum, Ena )

Now off you go to Cambridge and have no life and get that First xD

Come meet me in London some time. C:

And congratulations to everyone else who nailed it.

:party:

And condolences to those who didn't ;_; I'm sure if you've made it this far, you're going to do great at your insurance, whatever uni that is. I didn't even get an offer and have already cured cancer in my mind, you see. :yep: so.. Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling *dundundun*

Oh, before I forget....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Another :slap:because y'all stupid for thinking y'all stupid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.