Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    God level
    Back to school for me then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    That is the advantage of the internet. We will not know who the other is in real life.
    I'm sure it won't be too hard figuring it out! I had two/three people come up and tentatively ask me if I'm Zacken on interview day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I'm sure it won't be too hard figuring it out! I had two/three people come up and tentatively ask me if I'm Zacken on interview day.
    As in students coming for an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    As in students coming for an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.
    Lol :O.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well your face was ur profile pic.
    Wadyu expect u supid boy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    dont be so happy i paid them to do so

ReputationRep:
    Interested to see what the workload is actually like, in first person, for Computer Science. When I went on the shadowing scheme everyone seemed dead tired all the time xD

I bet it's even higher for people doing maths as well :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Interested to see what the workload is actually like, in first person, for Computer Science. When I went on the shadowing scheme everyone seemed dead tired all the time xD

I bet it's even higher for people doing maths as well :O
    I heard that for maths it is just crazy hard.
    Other ssubjects have the highest workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2017 thread up: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post67180146

ReputationRep:
    Can we have a year with people writing properly? I might ignore any post with "fam", "bro" or "blud"*:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Can we have a year with people writing properly? I might ignore any post with "fam", "bro" or "blud"*:rolleyes:
    Well that is a bit stupid. Move with times broski.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wat u chattin blud?

ReputationRep:
    If they don't me and the bois will tell em wag1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physicsmaths typing style has caught on.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've only taken over one as well. I think it's not so bad if all you do is report the OP and put in a "other" category with a message asking the CT to transfer the OP to you, it takes them ~2 days to get back to you but is relatively little effort on your part.

Are you done with your degree, then?
    Yeah, I'm done. I don't really know what my life is anymore. I disappeared from the face of the earth for two weeks to watch the Olympics and then came back to find results day had happened. So many memories :blushing:.

Glad to hear you got in, boss. You'll have a great time and soon enough, you'll be all done and a dysfunctional confused adult like me . And cheers for the tip about thread transfers. I have no more excuses to hide behind anymore, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyoro)
    Yeah, I'm done. I don't really know what my life is anymore. I disappeared from the face of the earth for two weeks to watch the Olympics and then came back to find results day had happened. So many memories :blushing:.
    Hahaha, Britain was great this year! Gah, I'm so glad results day is over and done with. :lol:

Glad to hear you got in, boss. You'll have a great time and soon enough, you'll be all done and a dysfunctional confused adult like me . And cheers for the tip about thread transfers. I have no more excuses to hide behind anymore, hehe.
    Thanks! I can't wait to get there, not so much about the dysfunctional confused adult bit, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, for those people whose marks I predicted, would you mind telling me (or PM-ing me) how close/far I was with my prediction? Just want to see whether I'm any good at it, thanks.
    20 marks off, but I was on the good side of surprised

idk how i got it tbh, must have done better in some questions than others/not explained to you correctly. More my fault. How did you do btw? Guess you got into Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacobe)
    20 marks off, but I was on the good side of surprised

idk how i got it tbh, must have done better in some questions than others/not explained to you correctly. More my fault. How did you do btw? Guess you got into Cambridge?
    Ooph, glad you were on the good side! Very well done.

Yep, got in with 1, 1, 1. Ecstatic!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Zacken,

I'm not quite sure how to use TRS...

Anyway, thank you and everyone else involved for all the work you do for people taking STEP. I think the advice and information above is excellent.

I have two small points.

In the general STEP information, it very kindly recommends buying my book if affordable for my benefit. Actually, the publisher is non-for-profit, and I don't get royalties (I'd quite like that to be said!). Though the book is nice.

There is now a data base of all STEP questions, indexed by topic. It is not perfect: you can search for questions on penguins (there is 1), or questions on prisons (there are two), but if you search for questions on bears you get questions on bearings. As soon as I have found the right place to put it, I can give you the URL. Perhaps it is best if you e-mail me.

Best wishes,
    Stephen Siklos

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.