Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why omit Owen! That's silly. He's back in fitness and scoring goals. And Crouch?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Why is Robinson still in the squad? He's been atrocious even for Blackburn.

Give Joe Hart a chance! :horse:

ReputationRep:
    No Woodgate either, but Upson/Lescott are in :hmmmm:

I'd prefer Owen/Crouch to Walcott/Heskey.

ReputationRep:
    sack capello tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    sack capello tbh
    Give the man a chance ffs. Damn.

I think walcott could really be a massive super-sub for england and capello has realised this hence him picking him for virtually every match.

Owen isn't fit enough so Iunderstand that, and robinson was picked for experience which in a WC Qualifier you need in goal (even as a cover goal keeper).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    Give the man a chance ffs. Damn.

I think walcott could really be a massive super-sub for england and capello has realised this hence him picking him for virtually every match.

Owen isn't fit enough so Iunderstand that, and robinson was picked for experience which in a WC Qualifier you need in goal (even as a cover goal keeper).
    lol I was joking :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You don't joke about Italians

Mafia gonna get ya now :woo: :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Bullard?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Jimmy Bullard for England!
    Is this guy a genius or what??? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think Defoe and Rooney both up front seemed to work well. Also, Owen and Rooney in a 4-4-2 formation would be interesting. But Andorra isn't going to be that much of a test in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    If Jimmy Bullard or David Beckham or Stewart Downing or Jermaine Jenas play as much as a second against Croatia I will hit something. By corollary, any inclusion of them against Andorra would be a massive waste of time too. Four serious dud choices.

Rather backward thinking from Mr Fabio again. Were the drafting of Bullard and Rob Green smokescreens to mask the more possibly unpopular selections?

ReputationRep:
    Heskey!?!?!?
    While he might offer a physical presence (which is his sole use) Crouch is better at knocking the ball down/flicking the ball to our other attacking players. And leaving Owen out, who's back to fitness and our only goalscorer is a bad choice from Fabio.

ReputationRep:
    While he might offer a physical presence (which is his sole use) Crouch is better at knocking the ball down/flicking the ball to our other attacking players.
    not for England. Heskey always looks much more effective in that role, but of course is much less likely to actually score.

ReputationRep:
    Why did no one tell me there were new FIFA rankings

And that they place us below Cameroon, who are rubbish these days

ReputationRep:
    It is rather insulting. We draw with the Czechs who are in 8th place and we drop Scotland hot on our tails in 16th. That would be embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I saw Cameroon in the African Nations and was not impressed. No surprise when their midfield fulcrum is Geremi.

Anyone else notice that the two most surprising exclusions (Owen, Woodgate) are Real Madrid failures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    If Jimmy Bullard or David Beckham or Stewart Downing or Jermaine Jenas play as much as a second against Croatia I will hit something. By corollary, any inclusion of them against Andorra would be a massive waste of time too. Four serious dud choices.

Rather backward thinking from Mr Fabio again. Were the drafting of Bullard and Rob Green smokescreens to mask the more possibly unpopular selections?
    Why Robert Green? He is in the squad on merit. Much more deserving of a place than Robinson and co. Although Joe Hart also deserved a place in the squad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh Dear...)
    Why Robert Green? He is in the squad on merit. Much more deserving of a place than Robinson and co. Although Joe Hart also deserved a place in the squad...
    Rob Green should be there, I do believe that, but that doesn't mean that his selection now may not have been in part designed to distract from other stories. It's the Bullard selection that reeks of this, though.

ReputationRep:
    Bullards performance against Arsenal justifies his place in team. Owen is overrated. Agbonlahor should start with Defoe, as there both on good form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Rob Green should be there, I do believe that, but that doesn't mean that his selection now may not have been in part designed to distract from other stories. It's the Bullard selection that reeks of this, though.
    Completely agree with Jimmy Bullard being a bit of a smoke screen. There are plenty of other contenders who should have been picked ahead of him...

But still, if he gets a chance in the qualifiers, he may prove his worth!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.