TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Out of the cup on goals scored =\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Ronaldo deserved 1 bonus goddamit
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Why do you say that, as you were never going to captain him so it's a void statement. We could all say that we should have captained the person who scored the most points that week but it was never going to happen so a pointless thing to say :s:

83 points this week, joint 4th highest and up into joint 3rd, from 6th and back in contention at the top. Spent 4 points on a transfer but team looks excellent so it's worth it. Shame United couldn't have scored more tonight and got more points from Ronaldo but Wigan are no pushovers. Into the 4th round of the cup with an 83-39 win :cool:
Meh ive seen a handful of people who captained Vidic.
And how do you know i wouldnt? Unless you can read my miiiiiiiiind? :eek:
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
Meh ive seen a handful of people who captained Vidic.
And how do you know i wouldnt? Unless you can read my miiiiiiiiind? :eek:
You say it every week tbh
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Out of the cup on goals scored =\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Ronaldo deserved 1 bonus goddamit
Not really :no: Berbatov did though, and Vidic should have had the 3, he was MotM
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You say it every week tbh
tbh im pretty crap at judging my captains
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarforaz)
tbh im pretty crap at judging my captains
I always have been. I used to have Rooney and Ronaldo, and whichever one I didn't captain always scored more Since then, I just keep it on Ronaldo cos whenever I take it off he'll do more than the other person. He is still the most consistent player in my team so will probably keep it for the season.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rooney is out for three weeks now. Finally a person who gets injured who's not in my team!!!
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always have been. I used to have Rooney and Ronaldo, and whichever one I didn't captain always scored more Since then, I just keep it on Ronaldo cos whenever I take it off he'll do more than the other person. He is still the most consistent player in my team so will probably keep it for the season.
I've actually never had Rooney yet because he's not a great points scorer in the Fantasy League. I've had Ronaldo as my captain since he came into the Man Utd team again though, and so far he has the best points-per-game ratio of anyone, so it's all good

Need Vidic though
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 10 years ago
78 for the week and up to 24th overall. Thanks Vidic and Berbatov
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
I've actually never had Rooney yet because he's not a great points scorer in the Fantasy League. I've had Ronaldo as my captain since he came into the Man Utd team again though, and so far he has the best points-per-game ratio of anyone, so it's all good

Need Vidic though
I had him for a few weeks this season when the goals were coming in October, and same last year. You can usually tell when he is going on a goalscoring run. I think he would have had one now if he wasn't out for 3 weeks.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I captained Gerrard for the game against Stoke, assuming Ronaldo would be captain for last night's game if I chose him-not the case and I've slipped to 15th.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh my lord! I never knew that many people from TSR done this.

I'm currently 2nd in my group (from 11) and 5th in head-to-head. I have 1081 points. It cost me 8 to get the Berbatov and Evra in for this weeks double whammy.

The current leader has 1144 in my group. Whoever wins gains £20 each from every one

Ronaldo is an expensive commodity, especially as his price has peaked. I'd rather Arteta and Bullard than a single Ronaldo at the moment
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
I captained Gerrard for the game against Stoke, assuming Ronaldo would be captain for last night's game if I chose him-not the case and I've slipped to 15th.
How have you slipped? You was already on 15th
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by adam_leeds)
How have you slipped? You was already on 15th
I think I was 13th a couple of weeks ago
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm only down one or two places to 16th.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What is everyone's plans for this week?

Brought Evra in last week but he will be my second transfer this week. Will most likely go for Vidic as I can afford him and then just take him out again when Evra comes back in.

Also any news on Arbeloa? His injury seems to keep running on.

Also not sure about leaving Berbatov captain away to Bolton.
adam_leeds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My team for next week:

Turnbull

L.Young
Figueroa
Paintsil

Ronaldo(c)
A.Young
Lampard
Gerrard
Arteta

Defoe
Zamora

Subs:

Schwarzer
Melchiot
A.O'Brien
H.Camara
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
What is everyone's plans for this week?

Brought Evra in last week but he will be my second transfer this week. Will most likely go for Vidic as I can afford him and then just take him out again when Evra comes back in.

Also any news on Arbeloa? His injury seems to keep running on.

Also not sure about leaving Berbatov captain away to Bolton.
Arbeloa should be back very soon I think.

I've already made four changes, so I don't want to get another 4 point hit for taking Evra back out of my team. I will have to get rid of Valencia and/or Zaki soon as they have pretty tough games coming up.

I won't be bringing in Vidic. £7.6m or whatever for a defender is just plain silly. I've just gone for the cheapest top 4 regulars (VDS, Evra, Skrtel). The exception is Bosingwa but that doesn't count because I've had him in my team since week 2 when I got him for just £6m. Will probably bring in O'Shea for a couple of weeks whilst Evra is out.

I'm just going to leave Ronaldo as my captain.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Cech
Bosingwa Vidic Carragher Young
Ronaldo Valencia Young
Berbatov Van Persie Cole

:cool:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cech
Bosingwa Vidic Carragher Young
Ronaldo Valencia Young
Berbatov Van Persie Cole

:cool:
You took Ireland out again or is he still suspended?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads