Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    It's pretty obvious what he meant i.e. he isn't the type of player you want your direct rivals having on their team.
    How is it obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    How is it obvious?
    Well it was obvious to me anyway :dontknow: "Plague" definitely wasn't best choice of word, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Well it was obvious to me anyway :dontknow: "Plague" definitely wasn't best choice of word, though
    Just makes him sound like Suarez

ReputationRep:
    Higuain just scored again lads,

VENGAH, SIGN HIG-UAIN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    Higuain just scored again lads,

VENGAH, SIGN HIG-UAIN!
    Lol don't get your hopes up mate, he is pretty much off to Juventus.

http://www.football-italia.net/34870...leaving-madrid

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on David Villa?

I think he'd be a good addition but along with another younger striker coming in too - e.g. Jovetic.

ReputationRep:
    Getting pretty excited about the prospect of Grenier.... I actually wanted him over Jovetic. Probably a unique point of view on that one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sacheeen)
    Thoughts on David Villa?

I think he'd be a good addition but along with another younger striker coming in too - e.g. Jovetic.
    David Villa would be a good addition if he can find his old form back but even then he wont be a long term addition

(Original post by Dami_O)
    Getting pretty excited about the prospect of Grenier.... I actually wanted him over Jovetic. Probably a unique point of view on that one...
    Dont watch too much ligue 1 so I cant say how good grenier is but I hope that youre right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Lol don't get your hopes up mate, he is pretty much off to Juventus.

http://www.football-italia.net/34870...leaving-madrid
    That doesn't confirm he's off to Juve. He's still considering his options. Still hoping Wenger works his magic.

Anyway these are the teams Arsenal could face in UCL Qualifiers

Real Soceidad
    Metalist Kharkiv
    PSV
    Fenerbahce
    PAOK
    Pacos de Ferreira
    Nordsjaelland
    Salzburg

Not particularly worried tbh. The strongest there are PSV, Fenerbahce and Real Soceidad, Arsenal can easily overcome all of them. It would be interesting if Vela returns. Either way it will be a good set of competitive matches to test our new players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    That doesn't confirm he's off to Juve. He's still considering his options. Still hoping Wenger works his magic.

Real Soceidad
    Metalist Kharkiv
    PSV
    Fenerbahce
    PAOK
    Pacos de Ferreira
    Nordsjaelland
    Salzburg

Not particularly worried tbh. The strongest there are PSV, Fenerbahce and Real Soceidad, Arsenal can easily overcome all of them. It would be interesting if Vela or Eboue returns. Either way it will be a good set of competitive matches to test our new players
    We should be getting into the group stage pretty easily

ReputationRep:

Real Soceidad
    Metalist Kharkiv
    PSV
    Fenerbahce
    PAOK
    Pacos de Ferreira
    Nordsjaelland
    Salzburg

Not particularly worried tbh. The strongest there are PSV, Fenerbahce and Real Soceidad, Arsenal can easily overcome all of them. It would be interesting if Vela or Eboue returns. Either way it will be a good set of competitive matches to test our new players
    Eboue plays for Galatasaray

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Eboue plays for Galatasaray

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My bad on my PES career mode he transferred to them.

My bad on my PES career mode he transferred to them.
    LOL you sound like that guy always comparing fm to real life.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty controversial opinion here but how good would it be if we got Suarez?

I know he has a pretty bad rep but he is a phenomenal player and I think AW would actually set him straight. He'd also suit our system perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Falcao's getting paid €270k a week
    LOOOL is that John Terry or Azpilicueta in your sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    LOOOL is that John Terry or Azpilicueta in your sig?
    Terry, lol.

ReputationRep:
    The teams we could face in the UCL Qualifiers:
    Real Soceidad
    Metalist Kharkiv
    PSV
    Fenerbahce
    PAOK
    Pacos de Ferreira
    Nordsjaelland
    Salzburg

Hopefully we can avoid Metalist Kharkiv and Fenerbahce as it's a long way to travel in mid-late August when the players still won't be at peak fitness levels. I don't really mind who we get out of the others although Soceidad and PSV are decent teams who it would probably be best to avoid as well tbh, But no matter what team we draw we should be beating them comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    We really need to get of to a flyer next season, to often wer out of the title race within months. This could well be wengers final season so hopefully the players step it up, I know its highly unlikely but if we could somehow win the champions league then that would be the perfect send of for the most successful manager in our club's history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    We really need to get of to a flyer next season, to often wer out of the title race within months. This could well be wengers final season so hopefully the players step it up, I know its highly unlikely but if we could somehow win the champions league then that would be the perfect send of for the most successful manager in our club's history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It would be a great send off but I don't want him to go :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just saw #comehomecesc on twitter - saw some links saying arsenal had agreed a fee with barca

Turned out to be the link that led to the page on the arsenal website from two years ago :cry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.