Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Another good educational issue is the achievement difference between genders. Boys notoriously don't do as well as girls in Literacy and various statistics have shown this, I seem to remember the National Literacy Trust bringing out something about this not long ago. Anyway, you could talk about that and say how you would make sure your teaching methods addressed these issues etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumpadaisy)
    I hope you get it soon. I had the same problem and one of my choices closed. Explain that courses are closing and you are getting anxious
    Thank you so much.

The waiting is the most tedious part. As each day passes, I feel less motivated and kinda get cold feet...

cos nobody cares anymore :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JungleeBilli)
    Thank you so much.

The waiting is the most tedious part. As each day passes, I feel less motivated and kinda get cold feet...

cos nobody cares anymore :mad:
    Tell me about it, hate the waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I've done something stupid. At my interview last Tuesday, they said we would hear the outcome within a week. So today I decided to email them and ask if they'd made a decision yet. They're going to think I'm sooooo impatient!!!! But I just can't handle another weekend of waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Ah I've done something stupid. At my interview last Tuesday, they said we would hear the outcome within a week. So today I decided to email them and ask if they'd made a decision yet. They're going to think I'm sooooo impatient!!!! But I just can't handle another weekend of waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i emailed Brighton a day or so ago as we were told we'd hear really quickly, to ask when we would hear, and they haven't replied! The waiting is doing my noggin in too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Yeh it came through the post last week, maybe give them a call today? Just say you were making sure they received your application. It's weird you haven't got a letter? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Roisinkelly94)
    I'm from Ireland and only received my welcome letter yesterday, even though I applied last Tuesday! So you might get it soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Soooo...i emailed Greenwich a while ago and they said they sent the letter out on the 3rd of December...the letter must be lost or taking aaages to get here is there anything on it of particular note or interest?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from the Solent SCITT! Waiting for the letter to say what the conditions are, but yay!!! Interview at Chichester was...interesting..?

ReputationRep:
    Hi sbxox, I have my interview on Monday too at Trent! Are you in the morning or afternoon slot?

ReputationRep:
    Just got feedback there from UCAS (nerve racking stuff when that email appears with a notification alert!)

University of Glasgow have given me an interview for the 10th January 2014 - so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethharris1993)
    Hi, sorry to butt in!

Where did you hear they only have 15 places this year? That seems an incredibly small number! Got an interview there next week.

beth
    Hey, quite a few pages back, there's a link which shows how many places each institution has

best of luck for your interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kk2k13)
    got interviews for Chichester and Brighton for primary, January is going to be fun! Anyone else here? x
    I am applying to those two too , have my interviews today and one next week !
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    I am applying to those two too , have my interviews today and one next week !
    good luck
    How was your interview today? Which was it for? Hope it went well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    i emailed Brighton a day or so ago as we were told we'd hear really quickly, to ask when we would hear, and they haven't replied! The waiting is doing my noggin in too!!!!
    They were interviewing today so that might be why they haven't replied I had my interview today! Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    How was your interview today? Which was it for? Hope it went well!
    Thank you
    was for Brighton hehe, they said it could be really quick to find out but they don't need to until the end of the 40 day span sorta thing but should generally be pretty quick

they make a decision about you on the day
    im sooooooo happy with how it went today ! Hope it works out okay

fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I've got an interview for Secondary Maths tomorrow. Would you advise taking your CV along? I'm in last minute panic mode and just thought I don't have an up to date CV!! Will it matter if I don't take one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Thank you
    was for Brighton hehe, they said it could be really quick to find out but they don't need to until the end of the 40 day span sorta thing but should generally be pretty quick

they make a me a decision about you on the day

fingers crossed
    yeah we got that impression too that they'd decide on the day, just that no one I met that day (and kept in touch with, was a cool group) has heard. Oh well!!! Hope yours went well!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ChazzyBB)
    Hi everyone. I've got an interview for Secondary Maths tomorrow. Would you advise taking your CV along? I'm in last minute panic mode and just thought I don't have an up to date CV!! Will it matter if I don't take one?
    I've never known anyone be asked for one

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply tory - one less thing to panic about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo91Mo)
    Hi sbxox, I have my interview on Monday too at Trent! Are you in the morning or afternoon slot?
    Afternoon, you?

ReputationRep:
    Second PGCE interview completed today

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.