Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Hey, what grade are you in the piano??? I also play. You're doing music this year??? Same! Hows it going for you??? What exam board are you guys on???
    Just grade 5 . Doing Grade 6 next year. I'll be playing 4 grade 6 pieces for my A2 recital. I played a grade 7 piece for my AS but it wasn't a recital, it was a recording, and I had MANY goes at it so can't do the same, this yr.
    I'm AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    It was very decent, thanks for asking 675 average but 530 in one of the sections (oops)
    Ah cool! No problem Aww I'm guessing that's not so good??? But at least you still passed 'ey???
    Managed to visit any of them uni's yet???

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Well done! I'm also predicted all A*'s just hope to God I actually get those grades haha. What a levels are you taking???
    Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics . Which subjects do you take? And congrats on yours too

(Original post by purplemind)
    Well done.
    I tried to ask about my Chemistry predicted grade my tutor. She told me to go to the teacher. The teacher told me to go the tutor. So I don't know it finally. xD Will probably have to go and ask Head of 6th Form.
    I'm sure it'll be fine , that reminds me of the Circular flow model, the cycle never ends . I haven't managed to do any work today, so I feel a bit guilty .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Just grade 5 . Doing Grade 6 next year. I'll be playing 4 grade 6 pieces for my A2 recital. I played a grade 7 piece for my AS but it wasn't a recital, it was a recording, and I had MANY goes at it so can't do the same, this yr.
    I'm AQA.
    Ah! Cool. So you're grade 7 standard but have't yet don't the exam??? Thats good! I'm grade 8. What other instruments do you play???
    You were allowed to do a recording?!! Lucky! We had to do a recital and the same this year except the criteria is tougher and its marked more harshly, that being said...didn't know it be marked anymore harshly! Haha. OCR is the exam board from hell lol.
    For our AS recital we had to do 8 minutes of a solo instrument + 4 minutes of either an ensemble or new instrument. I sung for my solo since that is my strongest instrument but did piano for my 4 minutes piece.
    Its pretty much the same this year but a whole different set up. Everything has to be much more specific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I'm sure it'll be fine , that reminds me of the Circular flow model, the cycle never ends . I haven't managed to do any work today, so I feel a bit guilty .
    Same as me. Got a day when I can have a bit of rest so I'm using it.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics . Which subjects do you take? And congrats on yours too

Awesome! I'm doing Business, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Physics ooh forgot to say earlier that I'm also doing Music! Will be doing Math next year (in my gap year) cba to do another 6 exams next summer haha.
    What do you intend to study??? What uni's have you been looking at???
    Haha why thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Cool. So you're grade 7 standard but have't yet don't the exam??? Thats good! I'm grade 8. What other instruments do you play???
    You were allowed to do a recording?!! Lucky! We had to do a recital and the same this year except the criteria is tougher and its marked more harshly, that being said...didn't know it be marked anymore harshly! Haha. OCR is the exam board from hell lol.
    For our AS recital we had to do 8 minutes of a solo instrument + 4 minutes of either an ensemble or new instrument. I sung for my solo since that is my strongest instrument but did piano for my 4 minutes piece.
    Its pretty much the same this year but a whole different set up. Everything has to be much more specific!
    Nah, I'm Grade 5 standard but managed to learn a grade 7 piece. This year, I have to do 10-15 minutes of playing. The difficulty marks are 6 (out of 60), I'll probably loose 3 of the 6 marks for doing Grade 6 pieces so not that much in the grand scheme .
    My voice is really crap these day. Do you have lessons? I'm taking a gap year so I'll try to get to grade 7 then and learn loads of repertoire. Also, I'll try to get a head start on grade 8 as uni (esp if I get into Cambridge) will demand a lot of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you!

Information you may wish to add:
    • What course you're going to apply for.
    • Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).
    • Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).
    • What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me.
    Veterinary Medicine

AS: Chemistry (B) Biology (B) Physics (B) Maths (C)
    A2: Chemistry (A) Biology (A) Physics (B)
    Universities: RVC, Nottingham and Surrey

AS's weren't so good, so working my butt off this year

ReputationRep:
    Same as me. Got a day when I can have a bit of rest so I'm using it.
    I wanted to do some C4 and FP3 but I've been too preoccupied , with GTA V coming out and all that

Awesome! I'm doing Business, Psychology, Chemistry, Biology, Physics ooh forgot to say earlier that I'm also doing Music! Will be doing Math next year (in my gap year) cba to do another 6 exams next summer haha.
    Haha why thank you
    Wow 6 A Levels! Impressive, what makes you want to take a gap year out of interest?
    And applying for Economics, I've been looking at Camb, LSE, UCL etc... what about you?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Haha why thank you
    My A2 programme

Might have to swap the last one for something longer. I'll see...I'm going to sleep now so I'll check in the morning. I had a different programme. But started learning my G6 pieces with piano teacher. I don't want to tell him I've changed my mind so I'm playing my G6 pieces but as said may change the 4th :P

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do some C4 and FP3 but I've been too preoccupied , with GTA V coming
    Come on, it's not a rabbit.
    I remember playing GTA III, IV, Vice City and San Andreas, and it was quite nice. If my brother buys it, I could play when I go home during half term.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, it's not a rabbit.
    I remember playing GTA III, IV, Vice City and San Andreas, and it was quite nice. If my brother buys it, I could play when I go home during half term.
    What's not a rabbit?
    I've played all of those apart form III, I could easily waste hours on those games. A lot of people must have taken the day off school/work today :lol:

Btw you on PS3 or Xbox?

ReputationRep:
    What's not a rabbit?
    I've played all of those apart form III, I could easily waste hours on those games. A lot of people must have taken the day off school/work today :lol:

Btw you on PS3 or Xbox?
    C4 and FP3!
    I played III on PC. Rest on PS3. But well, it wasn't like spending days and hours on it. Just when I had time and was bored.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Liberty.)
    Veterinary Medicine

AS: Chemistry (B) Biology (B) Physics (B) Maths (C)
    A2: Chemistry (A) Biology (A) Physics (B)
    Universities: RVC, Nottingham and Surrey

AS's weren't so good, so working my butt off this year
    Our first vet!

Added.

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool! No problem Aww I'm guessing that's not so good??? But at least you still passed 'ey???
    Managed to visit any of them uni's yet???
    Well compared to TSR standards, its **** not too bothered though. And unfortunately no, I tried to book Sheffield a few months back but it was all full how about you?

ReputationRep:
    C4 and FP3!
    I played III on PC. Rest on PS3. But well, it wasn't like spending days and hours on it. Just when I had time and was bored.
    I never said it was a rabbit!
    Awesome! Send me your PSN ID - then we can play GTA V online together okay! :awesome:. I didn't like IV that much but the rest were good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I never said it was a rabbit!
    Awesome! Send me your PSN ID - then we can play GTA V online together okay! :awesome:. I didn't like IV that much but the rest were good :yep:
    It isn't my account but my brother's. If I will have some time during half term, I will certainly send it to you and let you know.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sad, going to have to wait around a year or so until GTA V comes out on PC.

ReputationRep:
    I GOT INTO AS FURTHER MATHS!!! WOO. The school didn't half try to stop me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

The Go Compare adverts!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.