Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been invited for an informal interview with Winckworth Sherwood? What does it mean by informal? Any tips would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Hi what office was this for? I also applied for the DWF vac scheme (Manchester) and have an interview but they did not say that about the TC direct and I also ticked available 2015.

Thanks
    This was the London office so maybe that's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darbythetinker)
    This was the London office so maybe that's the difference?
    Hi, yeah, London office. I ticked available 2016 TC. I am certainly not available this September, that's when I start the LPC! I think it's for those who can commence TC 2015/2016, and applied for London office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wodus92)
    Oh why so? Do you already have vac scheme with conflicting schedule?
    Yes, I'm unfortunately already booked up for their only scheme dates... good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Milbank takes to get in touch post-interview? Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaMay14)
    It's been 6 weeks since I completed the Freshfields test and I haven't heard anything. So many people on this forum seem to have received interviews and offers, have they just forgotten to PFO me? Or do some firms not respond to everyone?
    Hey! They do not send out their PFOs via email. You have to log on to the application system to check your inbox messages.

ReputationRep:
    Sent in my application to BLP on 28 Jan. Did tests on 2nd Feb - heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastination1)
    I'm in the same boat :/
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pasdesdeux)
    Yes, I'm unfortunately already booked up for their only scheme dates... good luck though!
    Hey! I've got a Dechert interview invite as well but I'm already at a vacation scheme for their second week, I was gonna try emailing to see if I could rearrange a week, have you tried that or is it not possible? Congratulations by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjsf)
    Notified today of Withers interview - if it helps anyone, I applied pretty close to the deadline.

Waiting to hear back having done White & Case video interview, and have Covington & Burling interview next week. PFO from Sidley Austin.

(Original post by footchemllab)
    Hey, I'm at C&B next week as well, any idea what to expect? Best of luck for your interviews!
    Hey I'm also at C&B next week! how is everyone prepping? not sure what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    Hey! I've got a Dechert interview invite as well but I'm already at a vacation scheme for their second week, I was gonna try emailing to see if I could rearrange a week, have you tried that or is it not possible? Congratulations by the way
    Thanks, you too - both for the interview and the vacation scheme offer! I considered it, but my first scheme covers the exact same dates and my second starts the Monday right after. So I don't think there's much leeway there. Besides I think three consecutive schemes would be pretty exhausting! I'll phone and apologise tomorrow, hopefully my spot can be put to better use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    Has anyone heard from DLA Piper, post Skype interview for the Birmingham office?

I did my interview last Thursday for the Birmingham office and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Am I right in thinkings if successful your on the scheme without having to attend a interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.o)
    When did you apply?
    I applied on the 17th Jan, and yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else jump every time they hear their email notification

ReputationRep:
    PFOs this week from Dentons and DWF, post interview. so disheartening. All PFOs so far and the other firms I applied to back in January haven't even contacted me yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Does anyone else jump every time they hear their email notification
    I open my inbox with my eyes half closed in preparation for bad news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chasingtruths)
    PFO from HSF with a lengthy email about what they are looking for. "There are many more high calibre applicants than we can accommodate and you should not be unduly discouraged." Kinda hard not to be discouraged with all PFOs so far.
    So sorry to hear about this. May I know when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Ropes & Gray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rozzer123)
    Congrats! is this vac scheme or TC? I still haven't anything since my online application.....uh-oh!
    Its a vac scheme offer for easter - they dont have TC assessment days till June/ July.

I think if they fill up - they will offer you a place on their training contract assessment day

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Hi would I be able to PM you about this aswell please?

Thanks
    Sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.