Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Please tell me why you support Palestine other than we hate the jews and dont believe in their way of life?! :rolleyes:

Israel is a legitimate state surrounded by terrorists who want to wipe them out, they have no choice but to fight evil. Like i said i do not promote civilian death on either side but this is a war zone, with the terrorists offering no compromise just like other terrorist groups like ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram etc.
    I support Palestine because there is a blockade preventing them from living their lives in a normal way. Hamas is an issue that needs to be dealt with later, because the most pressing one is the Israeli oppression.
    Secondly, I don't hate jews. I hate the Israelis who watch shells fall on Palestine and eat popcorn whilst doing so. Hating Israel is distinctly different to hating jews, in the same way that hating Christians is different to hating Americans, for example. Playing the anti-Semitism card doesn't work when I have said nothing against jews. You have said much against Islam, so there is a clear illogical reason for you to support Israel. Point out a post where I have said something that is clearly anti-Semitic.
    Israel sees Gaza as something that needs regular maintenance and that in itself is enough for me to support Palestine. The UN gave details of the most recently bombed shelter, yet sleeping civilians were killed by Israel. If you condone that, you're obviously too blinded by hatred to see reason.
    Ideally, I'd like to see the 2 state resolution. But that won't happen as long as Israel generates hatred among Palestinians which gives Hamas power. Many Palestinians do not support Hamas. It would be similar to living under Boko Haram, but between the person bombing your home and your enemy who is against said person, you only have one logical choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    I dont know anyone who gets paid to post on the internet, not something I can relate to.

Jewish State means majority are Jews, just how France is majority French or Japan is majority Japanese. None of them are "x only" states, thats only in your imagination. 20% of Israelis are Arab Muslims.

You dont seem to understand the concept of international borders. Is the U.S. obliged to "open the gates/apartheid walls/bla bla blaaa" to let Mexicans in? is South Korea obliged to take North Koreans in? pfft

I have no idea what Israel "is in" for, different politicians in their Parliament have vastly different views. You have left wing politicians and organizations like 'Peace Now' or 'Betselem' that are diehard Palestinian supporters, then you have right wing MK's who have opposite views.

Settlements began in 1970, while the idea of establishing a Palestinian state in those territories only came about in 1988 after Jordan relinquished all claims over the West Bank. You seem to forget that the West Bank was captured from Jordan and Gaza was captured from Egypt.
    Do you think that paying someone like that is ethical or not? Yes or no? Use your imagination if you can't relate.

French is a nationality. I can be a Muslim and French. But I can't be Jewish and Muslim. (I am not of a Jewish heritage). So that means I have no place whatsoever in the Jewish State of Israel and neither those Arab Muslims who live there. Even if they are treated with only a little discrimination still you can't forget how Israel murders Arab Muslims on the other side of their wall. If Israel calls upon historical claims onto their lands then we must or can use those same claims to say that Israel plans to kick out any non-jews. I fear the day the worst Zionist seizes power in Israel.

An Islamic state does not mean Jews are not allowed or something, if you mean to take that up.

This map-drawing is absurd. Enough said.

This is why democracy sucks. Israel could change its policies that fast. Now it would favour a two-state solution. Tomorrow it would favour the creation of Greater Israel. The people can be fooled by the media and the politicians.

Britain came. Britain captured. Britain decided to leave. Britain decided the borders and gave away land to the zionists. Was they so blind to the fact that the Palestinians would not have liked that? They won the wars and by right of conquest they could occupy the lands. And then intentional laws came up preventing the Palestinians from re-conquering back. Israel wins this game by the blessings of first Britain and now the US.

You seem to forget that the Palestinians have the same right to exist as a state and to defend itself and to resist occupation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    I support Palestine because there is a blockade preventing them from living their lives in a normal way. Hamas is an issue that needs to be dealt with later, because the most pressing one is the Israeli oppression.
    Secondly, I don't hate jews. I hate the Israelis who watch shells fall on Palestine and eat popcorn whilst doing so. Hating Israel is distinctly different to hating jews, in the same way that hating Christians is different to hating Americans, for example. Playing the anti-Semitism card doesn't work when I have said nothing against jews. You have said much against Islam, so there is a clear illogical reason for you to support Israel. Point out a post where I have said something that is clearly anti-Semitic.
    Israel sees Gaza as something that needs regular maintenance and that in itself is enough for me to support Palestine. The UN gave details of the most recently bombed shelter, yet sleeping civilians were killed by Israel. If you condone that, you're obviously too blinded by hatred to see reason.
    Ideally, I'd like to see the 2 state resolution. But that won't happen as long as Israel generates hatred among Palestinians which gives Hamas power. Many Palestinians do not support Hamas. It would be similar to living under Boko Haram, but between the person bombing your home and your enemy who is against said person, you only have one logical choice.
    Hamas is an issue which needs to be dealt with now. Thousands of rockets have been fired into the sovereign country of Israel. Israel has offered "palestine" a two state agreement and it has been rejected twice and opted for war.

For Israels own personal security it cannot let "palestine" develop as it would be a threat to its citizens. 44% of Palestinians (adults) voted for Hamas which is a considerable chunk for a terrorist organisation. Israeli aid has been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Another blood thirsty fool that supports the innocent massacre of children, I think a rocket should misfire and hit OP in the head so he can gain some common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brann)
    At the core I support Israel because I understand the need for a Jewish state, I'm confident that their can be a peaceful outcome and I recognise the great things that Israel has to offer e.g. great stem cell advances, its domesticly very progressive and it is democratic. However I disagree with Benjamin Netanyahu's agenda because it clearly does not prioritise peace.
    "I understand the need for a Jewish state"

And what might that need be

ReputationRep:
    Arabs want Jews dead, lol. It's forbidden to even touch someone without their permission In Islam. Didn't watch anything after that. If Hamas does fire rockets then Israel firing rockets back, making the situation worse. What's the difference between each other?. ****ing hate this bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Except prior to the rockets we have the blockade of Gaza and the full-scale occupation and settlement of the West Bank.

a blockade instigated by Hamas' military takeover of gaza and ousting their elected governmental partner fatah ( a blockade copied by Egypt too btw) people here have very short ( or selective ) memories

ReputationRep:
    Pat condell as a person to use wow, this guy seems to think all his points make sense... what a loser. Anyway blaming Hamas is a PR stunt and if their rockets were so threatening then shouldnt Netanyahu agree with suspended flights to Tel Aviv instead of being angry that airliners refuse to come to Tel Aviv? No matter how much people condemn Israel, as long as USA continue to side with those monsters then Israel will continue to violate international law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Israel and US, despite both being proponents of democracy also engage in hypocrisy and double standards.

Israel and the US should have respected the decision of the Palestinian people, instead of attempting to engineer a coup through Fatah.
    the ' decision of the Palestinian people' if we accept the process for a second was to have fatah and hamas involved - it was the islamists (hamas) after the battle of gaza, that got rid of fatah and took military control of gaza
    . again the reason why the blockage was started fyi - which egypt also copied

ReputationRep:
    This fool is nothing but a Muslim and Islam hating troll who will definitely support Palestine if they were Jews and the Israelis were Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Hamas is an issue which needs to be dealt with now. Thousands of rockets have been fired into the sovereign country of Israel. Israel has offered "palestine" a two state agreement and it has been rejected twice and opted for war.

For Israels own personal security it cannot let "palestine" develop as it would be a threat to its citizens. 44% of Palestinians (adults) voted for Hamas which is a considerable chunk for a terrorist organisation. Israeli aid has been rejected.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...134&p=48819573
    This post essentially sums up what I think. Would you take help from the people who kicked you out of your own home?
    Israel have forced the 44% to vote Hamas by offering no better alternative. Anyway, as we know, Israel has the Iron Dome, so whether Hamas fires rockets, it doesn't matter; they won't do any harm. It's not ideal, but if Israel stopped, then Hamas would lose support so fast that they would have to stop firing.
    Not to mention, in the peace talks last year, Israel simultaneously approved more and more settler houses, which did inevitably lead to a breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBlue7)
    Britain came. Britain captured. Britain decided to leave. Britain decided the borders and gave away land to the zionists. Was they so blind to the fact that the Palestinians would not have liked that? Posted from TSR Mobile
    id say tough- i think the palestinians would have to live with it - the british as you say were in possession as last 'conquerers' they gave the Palestinian people
    a country - some thing the arab conquerers, the ottoman turks, the persians etc etc never did. they also gave the jews their homeland, and the arabs too.

so again live with it

ReputationRep:
    “This is a moment where you really have to say ‘enough is enough’ and you have to search for the right words to convince those who have the power to stop this,” Mr Eliasson told reporters at the United Nations.
    Israel says it regularly warns residents by phone calls, text messages, leaflets and dud missiles launched on their roofs to warn them in advance of attacks. But Mr Eliasson asked: “Where do they go? There’s very few places to go in Gaza.”
    So the UN are saying enough is enough now. Not just the Arabs and those dirty anti-semetic liberals in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    We should out you in charge of the Northern Ireland conflict.

How incredibly over simplified. I bet you're nice and comfy in your home right now. Let's say armed robbers with guns come in to your home then tie your family up. They confine you to one room in the house and let you have water and food when they choose. You can't go school or work, you're a prisoner. They rewrite the mortgage in their name, take your TV, car and all your goods. Eventually they tell you to leave and they'll kill you if you look back. As you're leaving a bulldozer arrives to knock your house down because they own the land now.

I'm sure you'll say "oh how petty you all are fighting over property" and move to Germany to live in a tent because nobody else wants you. Live your life happily whilst your dad's hard earned home is gone, you're degree in the bin, half your family and relatives are lying corpses. Yep, be the bigger man and brush it off. The handouts at those UN refugee sites are stellae

I have been wondering, do your religious beliefs assist your opinion of Israel? This war has been going on for so long, and even in Northern Ireland, people are fully aware of the danger and risks of staying then they ***** and moan when something bad happens. If they truly cared for the lives of their children, they would move, they would get out somehow - look at all the refugees who truly flee for their lives during wars in Africa, they have no money, and they have a stronger will to survive than to say 'but my forefathers owned this!' and just stay there.

The UN refugee sites are not being bombed precisely because they are not a part of the conflict - the only people who choose to stay are the ones who want to fight, want to bomb and hurt each other, making it a no go zone - as it had been previously - had worked fine until people - on both sides - climbed over and started trying to claim 'squatter's rights'

There is no way there will be peace because Hamas (riding off the coat tails of the Muslim Brotherhood) will never allow it to happen. Take away their toy and they can no longer fight over it. They can only remain in power as long as they have conflict due to the hatred they have flared up in order to gain support. You cannot say you condone all of their actions?

Both are at fault from doing that childish nonsense which cost so many lives on BOTH sides. The people who are being hurt need to choose to get themselves away, because those in power are too up their own power hungry jacksies to care about the people they are choosing to kill - religious extremists thrive on war so by removing their fuel is the only option, they will never participate in peace agreements as they have no desire for peace as they would lose their stronghold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    This fool is nothing but a Muslim and Islam hating troll who will definitely support Palestine if they were Jews and the Israelis were Muslims.
    PRSOM

Exactly. He honestly disgusts me so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Solution)
    6 UN schools targeted by the Jews, despite the UN repeatedly making the Jews aware of their position, in some cases more than 17 times. Can't see how anyone would support that. Even in Libya where there were densely packed areas, they would not be fired into even if there were loads of gaddafis fighters.
    The Jews claim that they targeted these schools because rockets were fired from there vicinity.
    The UN have openly admitted that Hamas had weapon stashes in the aforementioned schools.
    Perhaps Hamas should stop hiding themselves and their weapons in civilian safe zones if they truly cared about the Palestine people.
    Perhaps the Palestinians should stop allowing them to do so.
    Hamas wants the eradication of Israel in it's entirety but there's no way they can wins with a couple of rockets while Israel has the iron dome.
    Therefore they are using the deaths of Palestinian civilians to stir up anti-Israel sentiment in the West the hope the west will come to their aid despite the fact that Palestine and Hamas loathe the west and openly celebrated the 9/11 attacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Human shields is the biggest pile of crap ever. Gaza is VERY densely populated because they've been caged in like animals due to illegal settlements I.e. Israel expanding their borders. 40% of Gaza is not accessible by Palestinians because the land has been illegally built upon by Israel.

Lets not forget this began in 1947 where the Palestinians numbered three times MORE than Jews yet they were given the greater portion of the land (55% I believe). How does that even make sense. Britain and the UN created this mess and continue to be complicit in genocide as they watch Israeli commit war crimes on a daily basis. Today over 80% of Palestine has been invaded by Israel. Can you believe that?? 80 bloody percent and it's creeping higher and higher daily through settlements.

So coming back to the original point, do you have any idea how closely packed these people are and Israel claim 'surgical' strikes? They're murdering civilians and they know it. That is the purpose of terrorism - to strike fear in people and intimidate them - and Israel is a state terrorist by all measures.

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the terrorist state:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...6#.U9lihvldWSo

ReputationRep:
    If you support Israel just kys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    PRSOM

Exactly. He honestly disgusts me so much
    Better to put him on ignore list. His posts make my blood boil.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.