Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Hey
    All of you economic applicants . For those with offers, congratulations. For those who are waiting, good luck!!
    im in year 12 and want to apply for economics. Where did all of u guys do work experience in summer of year 12?
    I'd never done any before I applied, have applied for something at bank of America this summer though

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have any before applying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    All of you economic applicants . For those with offers, congratulations. For those who are waiting, good luck!!
    im in year 12 and want to apply for economics. Where did all of u guys do work experience in summer of year 12?
    Heyya I'm in year 12 too

I've got (some I've already done) work experience at Aberdeen Asset Management, Nomura, PwC, BDO and a few others. Just go onto the website for any banks/accountancy firms that you're interested and most have work experience programmes for year 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Warwick really are taking their time aren't they
    If it helps, when I emailed about two weeks ago, they told me they hoped to get most of the offers given out by the end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    If it helps, when I emailed about two weeks ago, they told me they hoped to get most of the offers given out by the end of the month.
    That's alright then, I just want them to hurry so I can apply for accommodation at my firm choice uni lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    That's alright then, I just want them to hurry so I can apply for accommodation at my firm choice uni lol
    LSE, if I remember correctly, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    LSE, if I remember correctly, right?
    Nah mate I didn't apply to LSE, I'm firming UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Nah mate I didn't apply to LSE, I'm firming UCL
    Close enough

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I did work experiance at GSK but TBH it doesnt matter where you go the key is just doing something relevant so you can mention it on your personal statement. For example i have also done work experiance at a univerities math department and i related it by talking about how i learn about the importance of statitics in economics and also how it gave me key skills in statitical analysis etc..

I got an offer for MA Economics at Edinburgh! The wait is over: all five offers

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a320airbus97)
      I got an offer for MA Economics at Edinburgh! The wait is over: all five offers
      When did you got it? I'm still waiting! Here are you from?

(Original post by chiara97)
        When did you got it? I'm still waiting! Here are you from?
        It came through on UCAS at about 2pm today (although myed still says application is pending). I'm from Northern Ireland, wbu? I'm sure you'll hear from Edinburgh soon enough: good luck!

ReputationRep:
        Finally got a reply from Warwick last Wednesday!
        Does anybody else's school run workshops for student finance? Seriously didn't think it was that hard to fill out a few forms:curious:

ReputationRep:
        Ah I finally firmed LSE and insured Bath 😃😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by abccba120)
        Ah I finally firmed LSE and insured Bath ����������
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.