The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyPilot
If those with conditional offers have to pay this early it seems a bit harsh! Just got home for the weekend after having done three of my exams. Planning on a little rest (which I deserve after bio sciences this morning) before the final push next week! Oh you have so much to look forward to next summer lol!

Hope your exams went well! My first one is Anatomy and Physiology next Tuesday :frown: good luck with the rest of yours!
Original post by shropshirelass51
I've just applied for the bursary, I'm not applying for student finance either. Have you heard anything from BCU yet, I had an email yesterday asking me to send in evidence of all my qualifications again!

Hi! Hope you're well!! I haven't heard anything from BCU other than an email from admissions regarding my queries about the part-time route. I'm wondering when we'll hear from them about the occupational and DBS checks as it seems other uni's have started to go down that road.... That's so strange that you're having to send your stuff in again-i'm guessing this type of thing happens a lot with the amount of applications they have to deal with!!!!
Original post by gscott10
Hope your exams went well! My first one is Anatomy and Physiology next Tuesday :frown: good luck with the rest of yours!

Oh thanks! I hope they have gone ok too don't fancy any re-sits lol. Good luck to you in yours!
Has anyone who has firmed Marjon heard anything from them since firming?? x
Original post by AmyPilot
If those with conditional offers have to pay this early it seems a bit harsh! Just got home for the weekend after having done three of my exams. Planning on a little rest (which I deserve after bio sciences this morning) before the final push next week! Oh you have so much to look forward to next summer lol!

Yeah, we all have conditionals until the forms are back in then they go unconditional.

Dmu is is just a bit weird it seems, like I've already had to pay 250 for my accommodation n stuff.
Reply 3465
Original post by madagascar
I haven't heard anything since firming marjon! Bit pants how we have to apply for accommodation on the 1st of June and it comes on a first come first served basis! Any idea what sort of accommodation you will be looking at yet?
Original post by LT1508
I haven't heard anything since firming marjon! Bit pants how we have to apply for accommodation on the 1st of June and it comes on a first come first served basis! Any idea what sort of accommodation you will be looking at yet?

I'm thinking of phoning them cos I just want to make sure everything is alright. Cardiff Met, my insurance, got in touch straight away!

I'm a mature student and I live just outside Plymouth so I won't be going into uni accommodation. Have you visited the accommodation at Marjon? Do you know if you're gonna be doing halls or student village? Even though I won't be going into either I had a look at both on an open day just being nosey haha!!
Original post by LT1508

I too have not heard anything since firm! (Well other than the request for money for the DBS haha) do we have to apply for halls online? I need to start investigating!!
I haven't even heard from them about the DBS so you're one up on me!! Haha
Hi Everyone!

I have just been invited to interview at Greenwich, which is really exciting - I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the uni, what it is like to live and study on the Medway campus, how much stuff there is to do there, and also about the course - about clinical placements etc. It is a bit tricky because if I get an offer from Greenwich for January 2016 entry, I will have to accept it before hearing back from the other universities for September 2016 entry. Is anybody else in a similar situation?

Thanks!
Original post by charlotte257
Hi Everyone!

I have just been invited to interview at Greenwich, which is really exciting - I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the uni, what it is like to live and study on the Medway campus, how much stuff there is to do there, and also about the course - about clinical placements etc. It is a bit tricky because if I get an offer from Greenwich for January 2016 entry, I will have to accept it before hearing back from the other universities for September 2016 entry. Is anybody else in a similar situation?

Thanks!

Hi

You should find the postgrad thread - this is undergraduate courses so not sure we would be best placed to help you.

Good luck with your interview though

I haven't heard anything back from them either!
DMU accommodation was a nightmare! They let unconditionals select their accommodation first meaning all the best rooms had gone!

Luckily! I managed to get a room in my top choice accommodation but it's single gender. I just think maybe they should change how they sort choices n stuff.
Seeing as a lot of people are worrying:

Accommodation: don't wait for your uni to get in touch, go and see what their procedure is. Some will contact you about it, but some expect you to find it all on your own, so the earlier the better.

DBS/PVG (Scotland) & Occupational Health Check: Some unis will make you pay, some won't - it varies. The time in which you fill stuff in depends on the uni as well - some are clearly doing it now, but others may wait until a week before freshers or until you've actually started. If this is the case for you, take several forms of ID to uni with you, such as bank statement, driving license, and passport. You might also need a number from your birth certificate so make sure you know where it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55
DMU accommodation was a nightmare! They let unconditionals select their accommodation first meaning all the best rooms had gone!

Luckily! I managed to get a room in my top choice accommodation but it's single gender. I just think maybe they should change how they sort choices n stuff.

That's a pretty poor way of doing it!
Still, single gender isn't too bad - it's like that at Strathclyde and it actually works much better than everyone expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't even heard from them about the DBS so you're one up on me!! Haha

Really?!?! They made me fill out a form online and pay for the DBS and said it had to be done within a certain amount of days... how bizarre
Wondering how those on access courses are doing?! I still have 13 assignments left and 1 exam... after doing 10 assignments in total from September - December they've sprung millions on us last minute!!! :frown: proper struggling, but the thought of finally reaching uni (hopefully) is keeping me going haha
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Wondering how those on access courses are doing?! I still have 13 assignments left and 1 exam... after doing 10 assignments in total from September - December they've sprung millions on us last minute!!! :frown: proper struggling, but the thought of finally reaching uni (hopefully) is keeping me going haha

OMG when does your course finish? That's a lot of work still to do! How big are the assignments?

I have 4 assignments (inc 1 exam) left, which are worth 3 credits each, and finish on 5th June! Feels like lots to get done in the next 2 weekends as I work during the week. Can't wait to finish it now and get to uni!
Reply 3478
OMG when does your course finish? That's a lot of work still to do! How big are the assignments?

I have 4 assignments (inc 1 exam) left, which are worth 3 credits each, and finish on 5th June! Feels like lots to get done in the next 2 weekends as I work during the week. Can't wait to finish it now and get to uni!

We hand in 3 assignments on Thursday, then an exam on 2nd June. 2 deadlines last week, so it has been mad at the end - I wish they had spread the workload a bit better.

Still, nearly there. I hope all the Access students on here get a good break before starting Uni after this final push.
Reply 3479
Original post by izzydizzyyy
I too have not heard anything since firm! (Well other than the request for money for the DBS haha) do we have to apply for halls online? I need to start investigating!!
I haven't heard about the request for money for DBS:/ when did you hear about this?! Yeah application for halls opens on the 1st June and I think we fill out an application online. I think it goes on a first come first served basis as well so I think i'm going to get up early and get it sent away on that day haha!

Quick Reply

Latest