Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    I slept a bit after that then woke up at 4 because of the wind at my window and just couldn't fall back asleep... Felt like death today...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I slept for nine hours last night and I still feel sleep deprived because I spent my weekend in Menai sleeping on the same floor as 20 excitable year 7 girls

Can't imagine how sleepy you feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I slept for nine hours last night and I still feel sleep deprived because I spent my weekend in Menai sleeping on the same floor as 20 excitable year 7 girls

Can't imagine how sleepy you feel
    I'm jealous... 9... Damn I'm jealous...

It actually was fine until ICT where I felt like sleeping so much... ICT is so boring...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous... 9... Damn I'm jealous...

It actually was fine until ICT where I felt like sleeping so much... ICT is so boring...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Worse if you have a strict teacher that doesn't yet you go on other sites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iceman5363)
    Worse if you have a strict teacher that doesn't yet you go on other sites
    I'm doing controlled assessment so I really don't have a choice... The thing is, she expects me to do it A Level because I got top of year, yeah right...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing controlled assessment so I really don't have a choice... The thing is, she expects me to do it A Level because I got top of year, yeah right...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hate teachers who expect you to continue a subject just cos you're good at it even though you hate it. My music teacher expects me to do music hl and I actually hate music now. Not as fun anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    Straight maths or engineering if i decide that after taking further maths that it's suddenly insatiably boring. I know someone who applied this year for maths but got pooled and didn't get an offer.
    ahah, how dare you consider that maths might be boring!! :mmm:

Thats a shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Déscartés)
    Hate teachers who expect you to continue a subject just cos you're good at it even though you hate it. My music teacher expects me to do music hl and I actually hate music now. Not as fun anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never liked music I always failed playing the keyboard...

ReputationRep:
    Straight maths or engineering if i decide that after taking further maths that it's suddenly insatiably boring. I know someone who applied this year for maths but got pooled and didn't get an offer.
    Give CompSci a good think! It's the best subject (note: there may be some small bias as a Cambridge CS offer holder...). It's like the best bits of Maths and engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy23)
    Wow, that's awesome! Do you know around how many words you wrote? I think I may have written too much :/
    I wrote 800 on one and 900 on the other. I don't think writing too much is a problem as long as you include everything like the tenses, can memorise it well enough, and don't go over the time limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I wrote 800 on one and 900 on the other. I don't think writing too much is a problem as long as you include everything like the tenses, can memorise it well enough, and don't go over the time limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow! I wrote about 700 and had to cut down because my teacher told me it would be well over the time limit so I've had to reduce to less than 500 words Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I wrote about 700 and had to cut down because my teacher told me it would be well over the time limit so I've had to reduce to less than 500 words Thanks for the help!
    That number includes the unexpected questions BTW so 12 questions in total.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That number includes the unexpected questions BTW so 12 questions in total.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We might be doing something different then :/ I have to do 5 questions and an unexpected.

ReputationRep:
    We might be doing something different then :/ I have to do 5 questions and an unexpected.
    I did 6 and an unexpected. We had 6 questions which could be unexpected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did 6 and an unexpected. We had 6 questions which could be unexpected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right we don't get told anything about the unexpected :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh right we don't get told anything about the unexpected :/
    Ohhh. That's harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    ahah, how dare you consider that maths might be boring!! :mmm:

Thats a shame
    Currently further maths GCSE is alright a bit easy but It's a bit irritating that my current school makes you take D1 & D2 and to be honest whilst Decision is easier and probably gives better table results it's massively boring and maybe not as useful for going into a maths degree.

(Original post by TVIO)
    Give CompSci a good think! It's the best subject (note: there may be some small bias as a Cambridge CS offer holder...). It's like the best bits of Maths and engineering.
    I'm sure there is a lot of bias. and the best bits are probably subjective to you.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh. That's harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, too bad :/

ReputationRep:
    Currently further maths GCSE is alright a bit easy but It's a bit irritating that my current school makes you take D1 & D2 and to be honest whilst Decision is easier and probably gives better table results it's massively boring and maybe not as useful for going into a maths degree.
    Thats a shame, which course do you take? We do AQA's Certificate thingy where you can get an A* Distinction, i think it looks like this A^

Decision modules are funny because they are soo easier and simpler than stats and mechanics yet because they're so easy, UMS boundaries are fairly high which is important for Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilo98)
    Thats a shame, which course do you take? We do AQA's Certificate thingy where you can get an A* Distinction, i think it looks like this A^

Decision modules are funny because they are soo easier and simpler than stats and mechanics yet because they're so easy, UMS boundaries are fairly high which is important for Cambridge
    Yeah it's the AQA one but A^* is only 80% which makes it pretty achievable and the only really new things in it are differentiation and matrices.

What maths stuff are you doing in school now? are you doing AS still.

ReputationRep:

I did my B1 in November as a resit and got it back yesterday to find I got a high A Was really hoping for an A* but still, close enough Pretty chuffed. Resat it because in year 10 I did it but I didn't finish the paper :emo:
    Well done How many exams for your maths GCSE do you have on your exam board?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.