Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got in to Corpus Christi to read English! It went surprisingly great, look forward to seeing many of you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ContraryRhyme20)
    I can only speak for Magdalene College but my email confirms that the whole decision process and correspondence from the admissions office, regarding their decision, should be complete before 6pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I was just wondering if you'd heard anything at all? What information did the email provide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesJL)
    Hey guys, I got in to Corpus Christi to read English! It went surprisingly great, look forward to seeing many of you there
    High five! Got your A* in lit then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Hey, I was just wondering if you'd heard anything at all? What information did the email provide?
    I still haven't heard anything via phone, email or UCAS. Magdalene said the decision process will be done by 6pm today yet there seems to be absolutely no communication on their part since this email. I would much rather get a rejection now and be able to get somewhat decent accommodation at my insurance instead of waiting around to be told what I know is extremely likely to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard anything via phone, email or UCAS. Magdalene said the decision process will be done by 6pm today yet there seems to be absolutely no communication on their part since this email. I would much rather get a rejection now and be able to get somewhat decent accommodation at my insurance instead of waiting around to be told what I know is extremely likely to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :five:

We should set up camp outside the Porter's Lodge and demand a reply.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think Peterhouse Admissions indicated you *might* not hear before Monday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just received the rejection via email. I was really annoyed before at how long it was taking, but the admissions tutor was so nice. He went through my application and explained what happened in the summer pool (tbh I'm surprised I even made it to the summer pool). Sort of sounded like they tried to promote my application and the tone was almost disappointed that another college didn't give me an offer.

It's a gap year for me now, so we will see what happens. Good luck with everything
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just received the rejection via email. I was really annoyed before at how long it was taking, but the admissions tutor was so nice. He went through my application and explained what happened in the summer pool (tbh I'm surprised I even made it to the summer pool). Sort of sounded like they tried to promote my application and the tone was almost disappointed that another college didn't give me an offer.

It's a gap year for me now, so we will see what happens. Good luck with everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Things happen for a reason and whilst I'm dying inside atm (really really didn't expect Durham to reject me), I need to try and stay positive. I've been given a year to both enrich my application and myself; my head of sixth form said that most people would kill for a year to do whatever they want.

(can you notice this is what I keep telling myself to make it better?)

I'm sure whatever I do will be worthwhile and I'm going to resit the subjects where I missed my predicted grades.

Also, in all of the stress of the past couple of days I didn't say well done to your son and indeed well done to everyone who met their offers!

ReputationRep:

Things happen for a reason and whilst I'm dying inside atm (really really didn't expect Durham to reject me), I need to try and stay positive. I've been given a year to both enrich my application and myself; my head of sixth form said that most people would kill for a year to do whatever they want.

I'm sure whatever I do will be worthwhile and I'm going to resit the subjects where I missed my predicted grades.

Also, in all of the stress of the past couple of days I didn't say well done to your son and indeed well done to everyone who met their offers!
    I think you should absolutely make the most of a gap year now, I think you'll thrive. I'm certain in fact!

Do you have any ideas on what you'd like to do?

I'm wondering why I'm even going to uni, and was reacquainted with this https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/r...gence-linguist

So many options.

I'm sorry to hear about it, but I hope you have the best of times on a year out, and I wish you the best of luck for whatever you decide to do!!!!

Keep me posted
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

"I'm sure whatever I do will be worthwhile" abso-bloody-lutely

You. Will. Be. Brilliant.

(And thanks )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I had a gap year. It was the time of my life (yeah, cliché-ish, I know). But really, my gap year was the best thing that happened to me. Honestly, I would never have applied for Cambridge if it weren't for my gap year, to get my mind off school (just a bit), and find my motivation again.
    Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:

If it makes you feel any better, I too did a gap year and it was great.

Mine was totally unplanned and tbh I thought I was just gonna be lounging around the house for twelve months since I was rejected by pretty much every formal gap year scheme there was, but by the end of it I'd done work for the Prime Minister.

Whatever you do, you'll be great.

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear that IB truly is a flawed system.
    Best of luck in your gap year and I'm sure your re-sits will go well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    Got 5A*s and in, so excited and so scared!! can't believe it
    That's amazing! Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VSEPR)
    That's amazing! Which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Was not expecting it aha, my college is Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today saying my college would accept me anyway, despite missing my offer by 50 UMS! The admissions tutor was so nice, I'm considering whether to send her a bunch of flowers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaiaphage)
    I got an email today saying my college would accept me anyway, despite missing my offer by 50 UMS! The admissions tutor was so nice, I'm considering whether to send her a bunch of flowers...
    Wow! Congratulations. Can I ask your college/course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Wow! Congratulations. Can I ask your college/course?
    Medicine at Sidney Sussex!

I needed an A* in Biology and ended up getting a low A in Biol 4 and the EMPA and a C in Biol 5, so ended up with 220/300 at A2 when I needed 270. To be fair, the C was only 13 marks off full UMS, that's how messed up the grade boundaries are! I phoned them up on the day and they said they were still considering but a significant number of people missed their offers and there were very few places (Medicine in particular has a strict quota and they'd already over-offered) so I wasn't too hopeful, but 4pm came round and I hadn't been rejected then a couple of hours later I got one saying I was in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaiaphage)
    Medicine at Sidney Sussex!

I needed an A* in Biology and ended up getting a low A in Biol 4 and the EMPA and a C in Biol 5, so ended up with 220/300 at A2 when I needed 270. To be fair, the C was only 13 marks off full UMS, that's how messed up the grade boundaries are! I phoned them up on the day and they said they were still considering but a significant number of people missed their offers and there were very few places (Medicine in particular has a strict quota and they'd already over-offered) so I wasn't too hopeful, but 4pm came round and I hadn't been rejected then a couple of hours later I got one saying I was in
    Well that's great news I'm very happy for you. See you there I guess!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.