Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah.

Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it.”

— Ibn al Qayyim (r.h)

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is anyone here able to answer my question whether muslims are allowed to keep dogs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest, is it true muslims can't have pet dogs and if so why?
    I typed the whole thing and then lost it lol

This should help-

http://islamqa.info/en/69777

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is anyone here able to answer my question whether muslims are allowed to keep dogs?
    It is only permissible to keep dogs if there is an actual need for them e,g. security, hunting etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yawn This thread is so dry, what happened?
    People got work to do now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    I typed the whole thing and then lost it lol

This should help-

http://islamqa.info/en/69777

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I'm confused, my islamic teacher told me muslims can keep dogs as long as we don't come into contact with its saliva? I'm confused now 😲.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    People got work to do now
    Yeah, i have a job now btw :smug:

I work in a shop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion)
    Yeah, i have a job now btw :smug:

I work in a shop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What kind of shop :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

But I'm confused, my islamic teacher told me muslims can keep dogs as long as we don't come into contact with its saliva? I'm confused now 😲.
    It doesn't say that in the hadith though...
    Besides, how can you keep a dog and not come into contact with its saliva? That isn't possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What kind of shop :eyeball:
    You don't believe me?

Shoe shop. I live in an area where there are quite a lot of muslims. Most customers are muslim women and it's funny how they never ask me for help lol... So i end up chilling quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion)
    You don't believe me?

Shoe shop. I live in an area where there are quite a lot of muslims. Most customers are muslim women and it's funny how they never ask me for help lol... So i end up chilling quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Na I believe you man.

Sounds good alhamdullilah. Bare chill time

ReputationRep:
    Na I believe you man.

Sounds good alhamdullilah. Bare chill time
    Yeah, but it's also quite tiring man. A lot of standing and walking involved

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    x
    AFAIK, dogs are not exactly Haraam in Islam. They are just not allowed inside your house.

The Quran mentions that trained dogs can be used to hunt prey (5:4). In another place, it mentions a dog sleeping with believers in a cave (18:13-22).

In light of above verses, dogs are allowed for guarding and hunting purposes at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    AFAIK, dogs are not exactly Haraam in Islam. They are just not allowed inside your house.

The Quran mentions that trained dogs can be used to hunt prey (5:4). In another place, it mentions a dog sleeping with believers in a cave (18:13-22).

In light of above verses, dogs are allowed for guarding and hunting purposes at least.
    They are allowed inside the house.
    They can eve lick your face!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    They are allowed inside the house.
    Ah that's interesting. Differing opinions can confuse me sometimes haha.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Islam isnt schizophrenic so clearly only one of you are right? But which one? 😲.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Islam isnt schizophrenic so clearly only one of you are right? But which one?
    Lol you seem a bit frustrated. Welcome to the world of 'Ikhtilaaf' (disagreement or difference of opinion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    That's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Islam isnt schizophrenic so clearly only one of you are right? But which one? 😲.
    Both opnions are right on different levels.
    Each school of fiqhs uses their vast knowledge and understanding to come to the conclusion. Both opinions relying on the quran and hadiths.
    for example as a Muslim living in the west I can take the opinion that dog hair and saliva are not nijaas ie not dirty meaning anytime i come into contact with a dog I do not have to wash/purify my clothes.

The way I see the madahib is like having the option to get home either via a bus, a taxi, on foot or on a bike. The destination is the same (quran, hadith, sunnah) but I can use which ever mode out of them.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.