Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exeter 2-2 Liverpool

Name:  IMG_20160108_220257.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  90.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    BBC have said 'You have to give credit to Liverpool'' on at least 3 occasions

You'd think they just drew with Barcelona, not Exeter City
    then there's us who can't even score against Sheffield Utd and we will be playing martial and memphis :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by trapking)
    then there's us who can't even score against Sheffield Utd and we will be playing martial and memphis :lol:
    Don't forget the 0-0 with Cambridge too

ReputationRep:
    Best bit of commentating was "that's an excellent strikers finish" for the 2nd pool goal. I mean ffs, it was an 8 yard shot with practically an open goal in front of him. I would have scored that

ReputationRep:
    Paint watches Danny Murphy dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Don't forget the 0-0 with Cambridge too
    don't even know what would be the perfect word to describe Man Utd this season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by trapking)
    don't even know what would be the perfect word to describe Man Utd this season.
    ''Less **** than Liverpool''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    ''Less **** than Liverpool''
    hahahaha tru
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, we didn't learn a lot from that game did we? Let's be honest.

We know Mignolet isn't a good number one - but we also know that Bogdan is nowhere near a good enough number two. I will openly admit that I was an advocate of him being drafted in for Mignolet - who was struggling - earlier this campaign, when he shine against Carlisle and Bournemouth in the Capital One Cup.

His howlers against Watford, and again tonight, reaffirm my belief we need an overhaul between the sticks. Mignolet isn't good enough, but having such a weak number two isn't doing him any favours. We need a new signing to push Mignolet, making him more strong and a better concentrator. He isn't a goalkeeper I want to be in goal for us in two years time, but maybe the friendly competition would add something to his game in the short-term.

Having goalkeepers like Bogdan - and Brad Jones - simply isn't good enough, because they will never challenge.

Positives were few and far between - but I'll highlight Kent, who was positive and energetic and full of intent, and Ojo. Both looked like they were playing in confidence, and it shows what loans to lower league sides can do.

They were totally comfortable and at home on the pitch and in front of a frenetic and fervent crowd. I didn't think the former should've been substitute, but maybe it was down to fitness or a lack of end product.

Brad Smith played well, too, with a good delivery and finish. Sinclair's finish was nice and tidy but he did little else, and the less said about the rest of the defence the better.

Jose Enrique - he just picks up a cheque and doesn't try. It's brazen arrogance. I'd almost respect it if I wasn't disgusted by it. Ilori can't defend, either, be it crosses or long balls. I thought Randall was shocking, too. But he has had nervy moments before and rebounded well in later games, and the uniqueness of the occasion can't have helped.

I was really surprised Klopp didn't bring on Lucas or Lalana in the second half. Why are they there if they aren't break glass emergency options?

Exeter defended very poorly for our goals, I felt, but gave us a real good game - as you'd expect - and fully deserve their trip to Anfield with the replay.

I'm fuming about ANOTHER game when our schedule is so hectic, though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh, and Klopp's post match interview was golden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Oh, and Klopp's post match interview was golden.
    I'll have to watch that. Just watched the game as was driving when it was live.

Thought most of the team did well actually considering their age/experience. Enrique looked out of his depth against a League Two side and Chirivella was off the pace/poor when he came on.

If we had played on a better pitch, played with at least one proper CB (or two) and Bogdan hadn't made the howler, I think we would've breezed it. Their 2nd goal obviously knocked the young players' confidence since it took them about 20 minutes into the 2nd half to get back into it.

Frankly I'd play a very similar team at Anfield with no Enrique.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't think the senior players offered us anything last night - Bogdan, Enrique or Benteke.

That's worth bearing in mind when taking into account the performances of the younger lads. We've seen Randall - and Brannagan - deployed alongside first team players, and they've looked much more accomplished.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the senior players offered us anything last night - Bogdan, Enrique or Benteke.

That's worth bearing in mind when taking into account the performances of the younger lads. We've seen Randall - and Brannagan - deployed alongside first team players, and they've looked much more accomplished.
    Well Bogdan made one huge mistake, Enrique was completely off the pace and shouldve done better for the first goal. Tough for Benteke since they were deep a lot. Shouldve scored though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Well Bogdan made one huge mistake, Enrique was completely off the pace and shouldve done better for the first goal. Tough for Benteke since they were deep a lot. Shouldve scored though.
    See, part of me thinks that £30m striker should be bossing a game like last night. But, admittedly, it was tough. The pitch can't have helped things, either. The most we could ask for him was a decent shift and to cause a nuisance, and it's arguable he did neither.

ReputationRep:
    See, part of me thinks that £30m striker should be bossing a game like last night. But, admittedly, it was tough. The pitch can't have helped things, either. The most we could ask for him was a decent shift and to cause a nuisance, and it's arguable he did neither.
    You would think he'd have more than one chance but agreed that he didn't really seem to get involved or dominate any aspect of the game.

I presume it will be Firmino up front against Arsenal?

Poor Lallana and Lucas having to travel all that way to not even play a single minute..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Poor Lallana and Lucas having to travel all that way to not even play a single minute..
    Yeah, that was a shame. I thought they'd get game time.

In other news, did anybody hear Murphy's commentary? The guy seems to hate us. Such a shame. One of our under-rated players between 2002 and 2003, though I feel we were right to get rid of him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was a shame. I thought they'd get game time.

In other news, did anybody hear Murphy's commentary? The guy seems to hate us. Such a shame. One of our under-rated players between 2002 and 2003, though I feel we were right to get rid of him.
    I actually quite like him as a pundit thought because he's to the point and he's more insightful than some of the other retards like Michael Owen.
    I just think he was disappointed we were struggling to Exeter and he also wanted to big them up because it's the classic FA Cup story

ReputationRep:
    That moment when some BBC presenter joked about being contractually bound to mention "the magic of the FA Cup"

:rofl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35268992

end of interview
    BBC: Jurgen, thanks for talking to us
    Klopp: Ehh, well I have to..

ReputationRep:
    That moment when some BBC presenter joked about being contractually bound to mention "the magic of the FA Cup"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35268992

end of interview
    BBC: Jurgen, thanks for talking to us
    Klopp: Ehh, well I have to..

Whether it be a good or bad result, the man is bloody hilarious.
    So refreshing to see somebody other than Rodgers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Whether it be a good or bad result, the man is bloody hilarious.
    So refreshing to see somebody other than Rodgers.
    He is just a funny guy. So impressed since humour in another language is usually pretty tough.

Not looking forward to Wednesday though..

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.