Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    Not 100% on this, but I imagine the equilibrium lying to the left is related to the attractions between water and I2 not being strong therefore it is not favourable for for I2 to be dissolved.. The equilibrium position is probably caused by the lack of polarity and hence solubility, rather than the solubility being determined by the equilibrium position ygm?
    I definitely agree that the polarity argument makes sense and is right, unless this is a throw back to electronegativity from F321 etc I don't really see how its relevant when the whole question is about equilibriums and how they shift etc. I just assumed it was as obvious as it seemed as it was only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that there was a lot more AS stuff than normal in both F324 and F325 this year? Also do people think that that paper was harder than 2014 and 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 2.12 for one question and then following that I got 3.43 i think? pH im guessing

ReputationRep:
    So I actually thought the sneakiest question on the whole damn paper was the electron configuration of Cu+, it's not like other configurations, because coppers normal config. is ...3d104s1 so Cu+ is ...3d10 did anyone put the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alu4days)
    Hey were you supposed to use 100cm3 or 120cm3?
    Because if its diluted you should take the total volume of everything?
    100cm3 because it was made up to 100cm3. atleast that's how i interpreted it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazBoy)
    I got 2.12 as well. Not sure it's correct though :/
    Omg thought I was the only one...thank god

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)
    Does anyone think that there was a lot more AS stuff than normal in both F324 and F325 this year? Also do people think that that paper was harder than 2014 and 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely harder than 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosheezie)
    Piss easy FULL UMS FOR ME! My whole college said it was easy af, you guys stop stressing!
    Grade boundaries
    A* -90
    A - 85
    Everything below mehh......
    Well good for you. Of course your whole college got it easy where you attend '' Eton''.

When I was doing it, it seemed hard.
    Now that I'm out, it looks easy :/

Hopefully 85 is an A*

Lol at F321 in the paper tho

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=CaoimheMee;66007408]thank youuuu I know there's two ways of doing it![/QUOTE
    err, i used the poh method, and got 11.72 but not sure if the temperature wud effect the ph

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the reducing/oxidising agent with cell potentials 6 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uk_shahj)
    100cm3 because it was made up to 100cm3. atleast that's how i interpreted it
    ahhh i see, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    So I actually thought the sneakiest question on the whole damn paper was the electron configuration of Cu+, it's not like other configurations, because coppers normal config. is ...3d104s1 so Cu+ is ...3d10 did anyone put the same?
    I put Cu2+ ending 3d9
    and Cu+ ending 3d10

ReputationRep:
    Also for the one where you had to find out k. What did everyone get? Was it to 2 sf or 3 sf?

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    What about the reduction half-equation for the chlorate and cyanide ions?

ReputationRep:
    Here are questions topics I remember (Not in order):

Transition metals
    Redox gold with CN-
    Born haber* for K2SO4*
    pH question - weak acid, buffer, Kw at 60°C
    Kc for iodine question
    k question, H+ catalyst, 4 step mechanism
    Water of crystallisation

Nothing on fuel cells?

My numerical answers:
    k=2.9e-2
    H=-1099
    Kc=104
    pH=2.12, 3.43, 13.03, 10.76
    Emf= 0.60V
    X=4

Other stuff I remember writing:
    - I2 is insoluble because it is non-polar and doesn't form hydrogen bonds
    - Bidentate ligand donates 2 lone pairs to form 2 coordinate bonds

- Yellow precipitate with I- and AgNO3

- Entropy increases because of more moles and solid becomes aqueous

- Drawing a cell with platinum electrode and electrons/ions marked

The mechanism was weird, I had 2 steps as H+ +OH- becomes water

Hope it helps someone out there! Overall I think a similar paper to last year, maybe similar grade boundaries? Not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazBoy)
    I got 2.12 as well. Not sure it's correct though :/
    know that son! 2.12 for life

ReputationRep:
    what was the enthalpy of hydration one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LThomas694)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I was expecting something way more challenging, especially the titration type calculations, I think the calculation to find X was only 5 marks, I thought they would include one which was worth more marks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.