Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Finally, Porto have managed to remain unbeaten in the league, it's only been done twice before by Benfica. We also won the league by 21 points which beats the record that was originally 19 points. This season has been brilliant for us! Villas-Boas has done a great job so far, two trophies won and still another two finals to go!

Also, theres been speculation about players leaving and well with Hulk.. we've bought 40% more rights of Hulk which was 13.5m euros, meaning we now own 85% of him (As in 2008 we paid 5.5m euros for 45% of his rights). His total transfer fee = 19m euros which is the most expensive in Portuguese history according to A Bola sport daily. If anyone wants to buy Hulk he has a clause of 100m euros and he won't go unless that fee is offered..

ReputationRep:
    Diego's off to manage in Dubai apparently. :holmes:

Also, 30s in.... :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Sampdoria relegated having been in the Champions League qualifiers last season.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone watching tonight? Napoli/Inter, Villarreal/Real, Barca....

(Original post by voodoomagic)
    A minute away from getting into the CL weren't they? Shame really, but once Cassano and Pazzini left they had no chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Finally, Porto have managed to remain unbeaten in the league, it's only been done twice before by Benfica. We also won the league by 21 points which beats the record that was originally 19 points. This season has been brilliant for us! Villas-Boas has done a great job so far, two trophies won and still another two finals to go!

Also, theres been speculation about players leaving and well with Hulk.. we've bought 40% more rights of Hulk which was 13.5m euros, meaning we now own 85% of him (As in 2008 we paid 5.5m euros for 45% of his rights). His total transfer fee = 19m euros which is the most expensive in Portuguese history according to A Bola sport daily. If anyone wants to buy Hulk he has a clause of 100m euros and he won't go unless that fee is offered..
    No one will pay that much for him. And there are better players around then him that would be cheaper anyways. He's too greedy. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    No one will pay that much for him. And there are better players around then him that would be cheaper anyways. He's too greedy. :dontknow:
    How is he greedy? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    They've been really up and down for the past ten years. It's such a shame, but like others have said, once Cassano went they were always going to struggle a lot more. Didn't expect them to go down though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    How is he greedy? :erm:
    Everytime ive seen him play he's all ways taken everything. And everytime he was in a decent position he'd go for the shot over passing to a better placed team mate. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Everytime ive seen him play he's all ways taken everything. And everytime he was in a decent position he'd go for the shot over passing to a better placed team mate. :dontknow:
    I thought you meant wrt money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I thought you meant wrt money.
    Reading my post back through it does sound like it. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo! tied as all time leading goal scorer in La Liga in one season with 38 goals!!

and he now has 51 goals total this season. one behind messi!!

ReputationRep:
    Ajax won their 30th Dutch title, beating Twente on the final day to snatch it from their grasp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Yeah, there's times he should have passed and didn't and takes shots when there are other options..but he isn't the only player like that around, he just has a keen eye for goal and is able to create a great move out of nothing. His pace helps too. Anyway, i think people should keep an eye out for Walter. If Falcao does end up leaving then i'm sure this guy will get more games and he can prove to become a big name for this club. 21 years old, in the few games he's played he's showed he can become a good player and like both Falcao and Hulk..he knows where the goal is!

ReputationRep:
    And Ronaldo breaks the record...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's times he should have passed and didn't and takes shots when there are other options..but he isn't the only player like that around, he just has a keen eye for goal and is able to create a great move out of nothing. His pace helps too. Anyway, i think people should keep an eye out for Walter. If Falcao does end up leaving then i'm sure this guy will get more games and he can prove to become a big name for this club. 21 years old, in the few games he's played he's showed he can become a good player and like both Falcao and Hulk..he knows where the goal is!
    True, but I just think he could be better if he looked up more. :dontknow:

Falcao's movement is unbelievable though. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I imagine Alexis Sanchez will be transfered this season after the great year he's had. I hear it could be Man City or Man Utd. I'd love to see him in the prem, he's such an exciting player to watch. Same with Guiseppe Rossi, I think he's being rumoured to leave, not sure who he's go to if he did though, there's been rumours of Barca but I'm not too sure about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    True, but I just think he could be better if he looked up more. :dontknow:

Falcao's movement is unbelievable though. :coma:
    Yeah he is amazing. It seems inevitable he will go though. I'm really hoping Villas Boas can do what Mourinho managed to do which was to keep the key players for another season and just sell the "not so big players" instead (Sold Postiga and kept hold of Carvalho and that lot). Falcao would be a loss but it's something we're used to. It's not like we haven't got good kids coming up. We have James Rodriguez who he looks like he could be a good player as his delivery of the ball is spot on. Walter who i've mentioned. If Falcao does go, then he goes! He did actually mention to Portuguese press he was very happy at Porto and doesn't have an intention of leaving yet but i'll guess we'll see what Pinto da Costa does when (if) the offers come in!

ReputationRep:

All but guaranteed third place now, except the derby tonight against Levante was a pile of ****, the latter playing for a draw to stay up. Dirty tactics during the first half, eleven men on the goalline during the second. Not that we deserved anything resembling a win either, we played as if not more awful.

Fair play to Levante, I felt a bit animated at how dirty they had played but ended up just likening it to a decent Spurs result at the Emirates. They could have been a bit more respectful to Vicente who played his last for Valencia, even I think I'd find it in me to clap Sol Campbell off when he retires.

I really don't want Mata to leave, either. Looks like Emery might sell him though, financially the club's a shred of its former self from the Benítez days..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he is amazing. It seems inevitable he will go though. I'm really hoping Villas Boas can do what Mourinho managed to do which was to keep the key players for another season and just sell the "not so big players" instead (Sold Postiga and kept hold of Carvalho and that lot). Falcao would be a loss but it's something we're used to. It's not like we haven't got good kids coming up. We have James Rodriguez who he looks like he could be a good player as his delivery of the ball is spot on. Walter who i've mentioned. If Falcao does go, then he goes! He did actually mention to Portuguese press he was very happy at Porto and doesn't have an intention of leaving yet but i'll guess we'll see what Pinto da Costa does when (if) the offers come in!
    I've always liked Falcao, he's a top player and if he had a little but more pace then he'd be an ideal player for any big club. Though he's makes up for it with top class movement and attacking prowess. But who do you think will sign him ? He's been linked with most of the big clubs but the only teams I can imagine signing him are Tottenham and maybe Arsenal. I know Real are reportedly linked with him, but he'd have some stiff competition with Higuain and Benzema at the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    I've always liked Falcao, he's a top player and if he had a little but more pace then he'd be an ideal player for any big club. Though he's makes up for it with top class movement and attacking prowess. But who do you think will sign him ? He's been linked with most of the big clubs but the only teams I can imagine signing him are Tottenham and maybe Arsenal. I know Real are reportedly linked with him, but he'd have some stiff competition with Higuain and Benzema at the club.
    I couldn't actually possibly name one club where this guy would go, he's been linked thoughout the season to clubs left, right and centre. It's like when we had Lisandro Lopez and Lucho, they were linked to clubs such as Liverpool and what have you and both ended up playing in France which many didn't see happening, it'll be an interesting (and long) summer to see if he will actually leave but hopefully we still have one more season with him! Deco has been telling both him and Hulk that if they leave they won't find a happier club...money doesn't buy you happiness Anyway, 2 more games left, 2 last games for Falcao (maybe)...hopefully he can add a few more to his tally and end up winning a total of 4 trophies this season!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.