Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samarpanam)
    Is there any A100 y13 home student interviewed on the 30th January waiting to here?
    Yeah I had an interview on 30th January and I haven't heard yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouOnlyYoloOnce)
    Hey was wondering about Barts, the one thing putting me off the course is the lack of dissection. Are there any SCCs you can so with more practical anatomy work, and how many SCCs do you have in your timetable a week?
    There are various opportunities for dissection at Barts, as you mentioned they are in the Student Selected Component (SSC) part of the course.

• Year 1 Dissection - Limbs
    • Year 2 Dissection - Chest and Abdomen
    • Year 1/2 Summer Dissection - Head and Neck

All of these are currently optional but have enough capacity to take as many students as apply (with the exception of the head and neck SSC which is during the summer holidays and has limited places). I found it pretty useful for learning anatomy and the majority of students do it - the anatomy teaching has got much better in the last few years. Last year we had the fewest students to cadavers in the country during dissection sessions, assuming that hasn't changed.

In the preclinical years (1 & 2) you have 2 SSCs that are each a fortnight long - these can be pretty much anything. In my first year I did limb dissection and ENT Surgery, second year I did chest/abdo dissection and Prehospital Care (an extended 4 year SSC program where you go out with ambulances and HEMS* cars). There are some group work SSCs that have two hours each Wednesday morning as well.

In third year you get an afternoon off a week for SSCs, in fourth year I think you do an extended project and in final year you have return to clinical placements again.

Hope that helps!

Ollie x

* Helicopter Emergency Medical Service

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Yeah I had an interview on 30th January and I haven't heard yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer on sunday and they just sent the post offer open day info. They offered AAA in biology, chemistry and maths, and a C in my fourth A level (Art.) Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an offer among the 30th January interview batch?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm a graduate and I've been accepted but I don't know if any other graduates have been successful. If you are a graduate please leave a comment so I have some idea how many graduates are starting in september.

Best,

M

good luck to those waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MA90)
    Hi guys,

I'm a graduate and I've been accepted but I don't know if any other graduates have been successful. If you are a graduate please leave a comment so I have some idea how many graduates are starting in september.

Best,

M

good luck to those waiting
    Hey!

I'm a graduate as well (international student) and I've been offered a place on A100. I think quite a few grads are going to be on the course.

ReputationRep:
    It's almost time for todays round of tension and mini heart-attacks...

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt be suprised if it turns they just forgot about all of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physicsrules23)
    Wouldnt be suprised if it turns they just forgot about all of us
    sounds about right

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my track. Rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for A100 as a graduate. Got to reapply for next year. Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaand that's a rejection for me too.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad the wait is finally over at least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    Just checked my track. Rejected.
    Same. What a painful feeling man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulgrad14)
    I'm glad the wait is finally over at least!
    What is your plan for next year? Do you have a place at medical school? or are you applying again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too :'(

ReputationRep:
    rejection too, either i go St. Georges/HYMS or reapply next year

ReputationRep:
    OFFER!! 38, 666HL (IB), home student! AAAAH I CANT BREATHE
    track updated 16:33

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.