Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Some like Great-Great-Grandfather decided to remove the 'N' at the end of it (Dinan) because of some sort of dispute with his brother or something weird like that.
    Ooooh right. That's pretty cool I guess. Makes a good story to tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Followed on Twitter and Instagram because I am such a nice guy.
    Followed back on both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Ooooh right. That's pretty cool I guess. Makes a good story to tell.
    Yeah I guess ahaha.

My time is running out, 1 last late night sleep.

ReputationRep:
    my arm is going to fall off for the 5th time

ReputationRep:
    Whoa. Haven't been on this thread for quite some time.

Anyway. My school's being a bit stupid as to when the Year 12s go back. The Year 7s start on the 4th, which is fair enough, and then the Year 8s-11s and 13s go back on the 5th. For some mind-boggling reason, we go back on the 6th (which in case you hadn't realised, is a Friday). Doesn't make any sense to me, surely they'd want to give us a day where we can adjust before the Year 13s come back, or at least send us in with the Year 13s? Agh, they're idiotic my school sometimes, you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    Whoa. Haven't been on this thread for quite some time.

Anyway. My school's being a bit stupid as to when the Year 12s go back. The Year 7s start on the 5th, which is fair enough, and then the Year 8s-11s and 13s go back on the 6th. For some mind-boggling reason, we go back on the 7th (which in case you hadn't realised, is a Friday). Doesn't make any sense to me, surely they'd want to give us a day where we can adjust before the Year 13s come back, or at least send us in with the Year 13s? Agh, they're idiotic my school sometimes, you know.
    You go to school on a Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    Persian heritage FTW, my surname is Arabic for messenger of God... And my message is YOLO xD

Also which county is everyone in? or general area.

ReputationRep:
    My first instagram photo:

Holy crap my wrist is red :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I have an Instagram although I don't post anything - but I am always on twitter, and my name is @tess_rach - please follow me, I'm nearly at 100 followers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    You go to school on a Saturday?
    Oh my, that looks so stupid when I say, "which in case you hadn't realised is a Friday." Got my dates all mixed up. I go back on the 6th, Year 7s start on the 4th, everyone else goes back on the 5th. Weird, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, that looks so stupid when I say, "which in case you hadn't realised is a Friday." Got my dates all mixed up. I go back on the 6th, Year 7s start on the 4th, everyone else goes back on the 5th. Weird, eh?
    Haha

Yeah that's pretty strange, I think the whole of our school is back on the 5th... Would maybe make sense for the lower school to go back earlier than sixth form, but not even the sixth form going back on different dates!

ReputationRep:
    Haha

Yeah that's pretty strange, I think the whole of our school is back on the 5th... Would maybe make sense for the lower school to go back earlier than sixth form, but not even the sixth form going back on different dates!
    At my school, years 7, 12 and 13 go back on the third and everyone else is back on the fourth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha

At my school Years 7 & 12 go back on the 3rd and the rest of the school on the 4th. I think it's because we don't have an enrolment day so we find out our forms, timetables, etc. on that day and then the whole school still has the same first day of actual lessons on the 4th.

ReputationRep:
    Haha

I'm not a fan of the whole school going back on the first day - could be a bit daunting for the Year 7s! Especially in a huge, old school like mine. It's celebrating it's 150th anniversary next year (and one of the reasons why I'd love to be head boy that year!)

I think we should go back when the Year 7s do personally, gives us a day to settle into our "new home" before the Year 13s arrive and the other years clog up the corridors come back. I can't wait to go back, I honestly hate holidays - I like being at school, I just feel way more productive. And going back on a Friday just seems ridiculous - they might as well tell us to come back on the Monday!

Also, they never officially confirmed that we go back on this date. On the website it says, "Year 7s - Sept. 4th, all other years - Sept. 5th" but on some very old documents we received from Sixth Form it said the sixth for Year 12s. I had to email them to confirm which date we went back and sadly it was the 6th. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    I have an Instagram although I don't post anything - but I am always on twitter, and my name is @tess_rach - please follow me, I'm nearly at 100 followers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Followed, so close to the mile stone :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    At my school, years 7, 12 and 13 go back on the third and everyone else is back on the fourth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    At my school Years 7 & 12 go back on the 3rd and the rest of the school on the 4th. I think it's because we don't have an enrolment day so we find out our forms, timetables, etc. on that day and then the whole school still has the same first day of actual lessons on the 4th.
    I'm not a fan of the whole school going back on the first day - could be a bit daunting for the Year 7s! Especially in a huge, old school like mine. It's celebrating it's 150th anniversary next year (and one of the reasons why I'd love to be head boy that year!)

I think we should go back when the Year 7s do personally, gives us a day to settle into our "new home" before the Year 13s arrive and the other years clog up the corridors come back. I can't wait to go back, I honestly hate holidays - I like being at school, I just feel way more productive. And going back on a Friday just seems ridiculous - they might as well tell us to come back on the Monday!

Also, they never officially confirmed that we go back on this date. On the website it says, "Year 7s - Sept. 4th, all other years - Sept. 5th" but on some very old documents we received from Sixth Form it said the sixth for Year 12s. I had to email them to confirm which date we went back and sadly it was the 6th. *sigh*
    Maybe my school is the strange one then! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited about going back to school tomorrow. The nights are starting to become longer and it makes me feel a bit nostalgic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Followed, so close to the mile stone :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieB1997)
    What? I had an enrolment day (same day as results day) and didn't find out my form or timetable yet I go back a day later than most of the school! :eek: And it's really odd too, because it says on a letter we got that we must follow our timetables from Period 1 as normal and therefore bring the correct equipment... But I don't know what lessons I have - I might bring all my Product Design and Maths kit along with my folders and paper only to find out I only have two lessons and a double free!

Dear my school,

Become more organised.

Yours,

Year 12.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    What? I had an enrolment day (same day as results day) and didn't find out my form or timetable yet I go back a day later than most of the school! :eek: And it's really odd too, because it says on a letter we got that we must follow our timetables from Period 1 as normal and therefore bring the correct equipment... But I don't know what lessons I have - I might bring all my Product Design and Maths kit along with my folders and paper only to find out I only have two lessons and a double free!

Dear my school,

Become more organised.

Yours,

Year 12.
    This is similar to my school. We confirmed our subjects the day after results but won't get our timetable until Thursday 5th (the day we go back.) We have an assembly, get the timetable, and then go to lessons but "must bring the correct equipment." They used to do days where you literally went in for your timetable and then started properly the day after, but then the headteacher changed and that no longer happens...

They plan for an "organised, staggered start" but when you don't actually know what lessons you're doing it seems far from organised! :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.