Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariakrelifa50)
    Hey, I received the invitation as well for IR. may I ask you what material are you using to prepare yourself for the exam?
    So far I've just gone through the sample papers on the LSE website. I'm not sure myself about what exactly to revise. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Anyone from Northern Ireland got an offer?😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied to economics. My 4 week email is up but I have received no reply! What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for BA Anthropology and Law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmccann)
    I applied to economics. My 4 week email is up but I have received no reply! What did you apply for?
    My son applied for law back in October(Oxbridge deadline) got offer two weeks later. He's worried about the social aspect of it. However I believe they've opened a new student centre so that students get the "student experience". Hope you hear soon. Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected last Friday on my 17th birthday after waiting for 5 months...and all they tell me is because my ps doesn't show balance between my interest in economics and mathematics... What a nice birthday surprise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxxxxyyyyyy)
    just got my offer for sociology!!! anyone else?
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago but haven't seen anyone else post about it on here since. Have you decided which Uni you're firming and all that yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarohik)
    Everyone who has been asked to do the UGAA, how are you guys preparing for it ?
    Anxiously reviewing last year's past papers, polishing my maths, a lot of reading to improve my vocabularly and stimluate my knowledge. If only 15 of the 100 students last year were offered places, I'm definitely not gonna slack and miss this incredible opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Received the 8 week email, about a week into my 2 week wait. I'm not sure what to make of it as I'm a post-applicant in rather unusual circumstances.
    I applied on the 15th Jan deadline for International History BA.
    My achieved grades are A* (History - relatively high ums %) A* (Biology) B (Chemistry - which I'm re-sitting a module for and hopefully will get an A) and b (Maths AS)
    10 A* at GCSE
    I was already in enrolled in a science based course at King's as it's what my parents wanted but have decided to go after a course I'm actually interested in. I think my PS is probably weak given it was written relatively quickly after I made the decision to re-apply and I don't have the usual subject choice/experience of a history candidate. My reference is possibly stronger.
    Would anyone be able to make an educated guess as to my chances at all?

Update: Turned out to be a rejection after all It was the chem grade and I guess the whole switching course thing didn't really make a difference -Oh well. Good luck to all of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nina109)
    Received the 8 week email, about a week into my 2 week wait. I'm not sure what to make of it as I'm a post-applicant in rather unusual circumstances.
    I applied on the 15th Jan deadline for International History BA.
    My achieved grades are A* (History - relatively high ums %) A* (Biology) B (Chemistry - which I'm re-sitting a module for and hopefully will get an A) and b (Maths AS)
    10 A* at GCSE
    I was already in enrolled in a science based course at King's as it's what my parents wanted but have decided to go after a course I'm actually interested in. I think my PS is probably weak given it was written relatively quickly after I made the decision to re-apply and I don't have the usual subject choice/experience of a history candidate. My reference is possibly stronger.
    Would anyone be able to make an educated guess as to my chances at all?
    I don't think any of us can make an educated guess about any one's chances. We do not know a) how many other people have applied for the same course as you; and b) the calibre of those people and the quality of their applications.

The best way to look at it is - if you get a rejection, it was not because you were not good enough for whatever reason, it was because they found 30 (for example) people who were better suited for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnh4)
    Has anyone heard of any offers from the economic history department (including joint honours)? I've looked through a number of pages of this thread and can't find anyone mentioning one.
    I think there's only a small number of people on here waiting for econ history... I'm waiting there were 2 people with offers way earlier in the thread but that's all I've heard! :/

ReputationRep:
    Why does LSE request my "predicted grades"?
    I'm from the U.S., and U.S. high school doesn't do that. LSE told me that if I can't send in my predicted grades, my application will be rejected because it's marked as incomplete...

Did any other non-UK applicants have trouble with this? I talked to my counselor, and she said that she is not ethically/legally/professionally allowed to predict my grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alessandra0811)
    Why does LSE request my "predicted grades"?
    I'm from the U.S., and U.S. high school doesn't do that. LSE told me that if I can't send in my predicted grades, my application will be rejected because it's marked as incomplete...

Did any other non-UK applicants have trouble with this? I talked to my counselor, and she said that she is not ethically/legally/professionally allowed to predict my grades.
    I'm American too and I just got a conditional offer for LSE. The person that wrote your reference (which for me was my counselor) should be the person that enters your predicted grades. My counselor asked the teachers of my AP subjects what grades they thought I would get, and she entered them into the system. I don't know what she's talking about but this is the regular way to do things and is definitely allowed. She's probably just unfamiliar with the UK system because an American university would never ask for predicted AP grades whereas the UK universities do. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Ah, seen you here for a good while now. Congrats on your offer
    Thanks!! Did you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    Thanks!! Did you get an offer?
    Still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samu16)
    Hey congrats! When did you apply and what were your predictd grades if I may ask?
    I applied on the 10th of december and I am in entering into the 5th week out of 8 for this course. i am so stressed out
    I applied on the 14th of October so I was waiting for a looong time. I'm American and got 5555 on AP (US equivalent of A levels) us history, french, world history, and calculus bc, and am predicted 555 on european history, statistics, and economics. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Still waiting
    Ahhh that sucks, I know the feeling haha :rolleyes:. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    How long did you have to wait?
    I applied on the 14th of October, so a long while. Did you apply for maths and econ too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uncleshneb)
    Congrats man,I'm still waiting for a reply -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oanszwoadrei)
    Ahh so many offers!! LSE wants my actual grades before they will make a decision ;( is that weird...? They sent me this: "As part of the further consideration process they have requested that you kindly ask your academic referee to send in confirmation of your achieved results, in your H2 A level examinations, as soon as they have been released. "
    Hello there! I'm guessing you're from Singapore given the H2 A level thing? I'm from Singapore too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epky)
    Hello there! I'm guessing you're from Singapore given the H2 A level thing? I'm from Singapore too!
    Hello! Fellow Singaporean here haha.. What course are yall applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.