Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    All I have is Bristol...
    Bristol is just as good as Bath, I personally prefer the surroundings of Bath and it's campus. What's your Bristol offer? Because mine was A*A so I couldn't really insure them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Bristol is just as good as Bath, I personally prefer the surroundings of Bath and it's campus. What's your Bristol offer? Because mine was A*A so I couldn't really insure them anyway.
    AAA. I just really liked the placement year at Bath.
    But congrats on that, I wanna hold off on making my decision for a few days

ReputationRep:
    AAA. I just really liked the placement year at Bath.
    But congrats on that, I wanna hold off on making my decision for a few days
    Yeah me too & thanks Who are you thinking of firming?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too & thanks Who are you thinking of firming?
    Warwick, I'm 90% sure of it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope my Bath offer is AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have some trouble at choosing my insurance choice So basically I am firming LSE (obviously ) and it is an A*AAE offer with A* in maths and A in Economics and Physics. The thing is I am reluctant to decline UCL for Bristol as my insurance although UCL also asks for A*AA but only specifying A* Maths A in Economics, which means my 2nd A could be in either Physics or Further Maths unlike LSE which asks for a E in Further Maths. I am definitely more confident in getting an A in Further Maths than physics but isnt it too risky to put UCL as my insurance instead of my Bristol offer which is AAA (in Maths and Economics) Any advice will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    I have some trouble at choosing my insurance choice So basically I am firming LSE (obviously ) and it is an A*AAE offer with A* in maths and A in Economics and Physics. The thing is I am reluctant to decline UCL for Bristol as my insurance although UCL also asks for A*AA but only specifying A* Maths A in Economics, which means my 2nd A could be in either Physics or Further Maths unlike LSE which asks for a E in Further Maths. I am definitely more confident in getting an A in Further Maths than physics but isnt it too risky to put UCL as my insurance instead of my Bristol offer which is AAA (in Maths and Economics) Any advice will be appreciated
    Well it all depends on how confident you are on achieving the grades. If you think you can get the A* in maths, an A in econ & FM or phys then yeah insure UCL. If you're not so confident then probably Bristol.. I really can't do more than state the obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warwick, I'm 90% sure of it.
    Nice! I shouldv'e applied to Warwick instead of Birmingham lol. Would have been nice to see If I could have gotten an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hurluberlu)
    Just wondering but does anyone know what the chances of getting a place through clearing for Economics is (at a university like Birmingham or QMUL)?

Also, if you took a gap year and got AAA and applied to say Birmingham whose offer is AAA for Econ, what do you think the chances of getting that offer are, considering that there are prospective applicants with A*A*A* predicted grades?
    There should be an opportunity for clearing at Birmingham or QMUL, if they don't have clearing for Economics they could have clearing for Economics and Finance or a joint degree like that which tends to be less popular I think.

I'd be really surprised if you didn't get into Birmingham with AAA with a decent personal statement and decent GCSE's. You also have to remember that most students with 3 A* predictions are unlikely to end up actually going there and the admissions team probably know this.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what type of grades are needed for clearing at Birmingham or QMUL?

And that's a really good point. Thanks for the advice!
    Don't really know tbh, people with less than AAA predictions have got offers if that helps? but I don't know much about clearing

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same situation as you, apart from it's French I'm a bit worried about, not Physics :P

Do you think UCL or LSE would be lenient on the A* bit with a higher FM grade?
    I honestly have no idea

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what type of grades are needed for clearing at Birmingham or QMUL?

And that's a really good point. Thanks for the advice!
    i heard it was AAB last year

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick

Now that I have received all five of my offers, I'm not fully sure what to place as my firm and insurance. I have offers from Edinburgh (AAA), QMUL (AAA), Sheffield (AAB), Southampton (AAB) and City (ABB), and I am fairly certain that I am going to firm Edinburgh. What do you guys think I should put as my Insurance?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Skill Twix)
      Offer from Warwick
      Nice one!! Remind me what your stats (GCSE and as) were?

ReputationRep:
      I'm in the exact same situation as you, apart from it's French I'm a bit worried about, not Physics :P

Do you think UCL or LSE would be lenient on the A* bit with a higher FM grade?
      When I went to the UCL offer holder's day they did say that although they can sometimes allow a high B instead of an A in one of your other two subjects, they never ever budge on the A* for maths

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Skill Twix)
      Offer from Warwick
      Congratulations is it your firm choice? 😃

You've waited so long for this, even more incentive to get A*AA now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      URGH that's annoying. Thanks for letting me know though
      Went to the LSE open day today and they also never budge on A*. They didn't even mention on maybe be lenient if you miss out on the subjects requiring an A

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a320airbus97)
      Now that I have received all five of my offers, I'm not fully sure what to place as my firm and insurance. I have offers from Edinburgh (AAA), QMUL (AAA), Sheffield (AAB), Southampton (AAB) and City (ABB), and I am fairly certain that I am going to firm Edinburgh. What do you guys think I should put as my Insurance?
      Firm Edinburgh
      Insure Sheffield

ReputationRep:
      If you miss out on an A* in Maths but get it in FM instead, its a fine substitute for LSE and UCL. Can confirm from the offer holder days last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
      Congratulations is it your firm choice?

You've waited so long for this, even more incentive to get A*AA now

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Yep it is!
      I hope I haven't left it too late!Still got a lot to do!I am motivated

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.