Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebeelouise)
    Okay so I'm like 59.4 will it be rounded up
    Oooops
    IIRC I was told that the unweighted score is rounded up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    IIRC I was told that the unweighted score is rounded up.
    Amazing! Hope you're right! Thankyou!
    Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    I emailed them i have no idea what to do now though. I wanted it so much
    Hi Charlotte,

I am really sorry to hear that - are you positive it was George's not Nottingham? Are you able to share the e mail?

Did you apply to Swansea as I am almost sure with 58 you would get an interview there? I have two friends who got in on that score there last year!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing! Hope you're right! Thankyou!
    Good luck with your application!
    Thanks!
    I hope the scoring swings your way!

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm like 59.4 will it be rounded up
    Oooops
    I'm not sure as technically rounding would go down for .4 why not look through last years nottingham A101 thread and see if anyone mentions it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    I'm not sure as technically rounding would go down for .4 why not look through last years nottingham A101 thread and see if anyone mentions it?
    I've read that it does get rounded up... Even if it's below 0.5 of a mark! But I wanted to check. Cause obviously the nerves could be making me imagine things
    Tbh, the right thing will happen! First attempt at GAMSAT and I'd be blessed to get an interview from it!
    We will see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    Have you taken into account the two different methods nottingham use? What were your individual scores? As well as the standard scoring they also take your three scores and divide by 3, then they take whichever is higher! It's on their website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara905)
    Have you taken into account the two different methods nottingham use? What were your individual scores? As well as the standard scoring they also take your three scores and divide by 3, then they take whichever is higher! It's on their website!
    You tagged the wrong person. This should be aimed @Rebeelouise

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'll just hope! Liverpool and Swansea should be okay at least! I'm also a current Liverpool student so hopefully that goes my way!!

ReputationRep:
    I've read that it does get rounded up... Even if it's below 0.5 of a mark! But I wanted to check. Cause obviously the nerves could be making me imagine things
    Tbh, the right thing will happen! First attempt at GAMSAT and I'd be blessed to get an interview from it!
    We will see.
    GAMSAT website just says "rounded" with reference to how they calculate your weighted score (i.e. doesn't say upwards, which would make me think usual rounding rules apply).

Notts' website sets out how they calculate your score (i.e. the 'better of' method - see here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine...q/a101faq.aspx) but doesn't specify what sort of rounding they do.

Anyone else got any insights...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kantayya)
    GAMSAT website just says "rounded" with reference to how they calculate your weighted score (i.e. doesn't say upwards, which would make me think usual rounding rules apply).

Notts' website sets out how they calculate your score (i.e. the 'better of' method - see here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine...q/a101faq.aspx) but doesn't specify what sort of rounding they do.

Anyone else got any insights...?
    I guess we will find out in the next week, if I get a rejection 😂

ReputationRep:
    Hi Charlotte,

I am really sorry to hear that - are you positive it was George's not Nottingham? Are you able to share the e mail?

Did you apply to Swansea as I am almost sure with 58 you would get an interview there? I have two friends who got in on that score there last year!
    Unfortunately I didn't apply to Swansea, I wish I had now. It was Nottingham not Georges though I got mixed up! Has anyone heard from Georges yet?

ReputationRep:
    I guess we will find out in the next week, if I get a rejection 😂
    Fingers crossed for you, it would absolutely suck to miss out due to rounding.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the ukcat cut off for Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the ukcat cut off for Newcastle?

Nah they haven't started sending interviews out for a101 yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)

Nah they haven't started sending interviews out for a101 yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay fair enough I'm hoping it's pretty low but I doubt it. Do they take SJT into account? I got band 1 so it'd be nice if they did!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to any A100 courses too? I've applied to Keele but heard nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    Charlottemc1234

It was about 720 last year and they have said this year they don't take SJ into account. It'll probably be about the same this year too given the averages are just slightly higher.

ReputationRep:
    Okay fair enough I'm hoping it's pretty low but I doubt it. Do they take SJT into account? I got band 1 so it'd be nice if they did!
    There are only 25 places and they said that 45 people had applied for each one so I'm guessing even if they took SJT into account then the cut will still be somewhere in the top decile. I think the lowest UKCAT cutoff for grads is at Warwick just because they have so many places to offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amywool)
    Charlottemc1234

It was about 720 last year and they have said this year they don't take SJ into account. It'll probably be about the same this year too given the averages are just slightly higher.
    It was 720 last year?! I thought it was higher than that!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.