Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Well that's great news I'm very happy for you. See you there I guess!
    Thanks so much! I'm sure you've probably said this before but it'll be buried 20 pages down... what's your course/college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaiaphage)
    Thanks so much! I'm sure you've probably said this before but it'll be buried 20 pages down... what's your course/college?
    Christ's for Philosophy! Maybe not the most likely place for bumping into medical students from other colleges, but you never know

ReputationRep:
    Christ's for Philosophy! Maybe not the most likely place for bumping into medical students from other colleges, but you never know
    Wow, that's so good! I tried to stay away from the prestigious colleges in the tiny hope it'd help me get an offer haha, maybe it worked! Looks like you'll be less than 50m from me then, Christ's and Sidney Sussex are right next door

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's so good! I tried to stay away from the prestigious colleges in the tiny hope it'd help me get an offer haha, maybe it worked! Looks like you'll be less than 50m from me then, Christ's and Sidney Sussex are right next door
    I didn't even know Christ's was particularly prestigious 😄 no complaints! I just chose the college which had the greatest number of cats - easy choice (and the admissions guy is pretty cool).

Awesome, though. I've only been to the city twice so I did not know that at all

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know Christ's was particularly prestigious 😄 no complaints! I just chose the college which had the greatest number of cats - easy choice (and the admissions guy is pretty cool).

Awesome, though. I've only been to the city twice so I did not know that at all
    Haha maybe it's just me but I'd put it right up there with St John's and Trinity. I'm sure you'll love it, I only chose Sidney because my friend's Dad who knows nothing about Cambridge booked us in the open day for it while we were away and it was sunny!

You should come and get to know it then, I live very close and go there frequently so it'd have been even more heartbreaking every time I went shopping if I'd got a rejection, and it's such a great city

ReputationRep:
    Haha maybe it's just me but I'd put it right up there with St John's and Trinity. I'm sure you'll love it, I only chose Sidney because my friend's Dad who knows nothing about Cambridge booked us in the open day for it while we were away and it was sunny!

You should come and get to know it then, I live very close and go there frequently so it'd have been even more heartbreaking every time I went shopping if I'd got a rejection, and it's such a great city
    I will. I don't know if you've ever been told this story, but apparently one year for SS's may ball they created an artificial river for students to punt down inside the college. Maybe it's just the most badass college? My open day was pretty random too... went to Clare!

ReputationRep:
    I will. I don't know if you've ever been told this story, but apparently one year for SS's may ball they created an artificial river for students to punt down inside the college. Maybe it's just the most badass college? My open day was pretty random too... went to Clare!
    They did indeed, and the years they don't have a ball they join in with St Johns which apparently is the best so I think it's safe to say I've had my fair share of luck! Ooh I went to the Clare one too and I loved it but again I thought I'd have a better chance at Sidney, maybe we saw eachother haha!

ReputationRep:
    Medicine at Sidney Sussex!

I needed an A* in Biology and ended up getting a low A in Biol 4 and the EMPA and a C in Biol 5, so ended up with 220/300 at A2 when I needed 270. To be fair, the C was only 13 marks off full UMS, that's how messed up the grade boundaries are! I phoned them up on the day and they said they were still considering but a significant number of people missed their offers and there were very few places (Medicine in particular has a strict quota and they'd already over-offered) so I wasn't too hopeful, but 4pm came round and I hadn't been rejected then a couple of hours later I got one saying I was in
    Congratulations! :yay:

ReputationRep:
    They did indeed, and the years they don't have a ball they join in with St Johns which apparently is the best so I think it's safe to say I've had my fair share of luck! Ooh I went to the Clare one too and I loved it but again I thought I'd have a better chance at Sidney, maybe we saw eachother haha!
    😂 I bloody well hope not, that was not a good day for me. You might have dodged a small bullet with Clare really, the impression I get is that they show you the nice accommodation and then cart you off to the other side of town to live for a couple of years of your degree. But the ball arrangements sound awesome!

ReputationRep:
    😂 I bloody well hope not, that was not a good day for me. You might have dodged a small bullet with Clare really, the impression I get is that they show you the nice accommodation and then cart you off to the other side of town to live for a couple of years of your degree. But the ball arrangements sound awesome!
    That might be true actually, the talk about medicine in their lecture halls was quite a walk from the main college. Anyway, everyone says they love their college and I've only ever heard amazing things about Christ's! One of my friends who lives in Cambridge but doesn't go to uni there managed to get their way into the St John's ball this year, no idea how

ReputationRep:
    That might be true actually, the talk about medicine in their lecture halls was quite a walk from the main college. Anyway, everyone says they love their college and I've only ever heard amazing things about Christ's! One of my friends who lives in Cambridge but doesn't go to uni there managed to get their way into the St John's ball this year, no idea how
    Maybe they're a good climber

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're a good climber
    I genuinely think that might be it... I heard something about getting a student to let them hide under their bed but apparently this year they searched everyone's rooms to make sure they weren't sneaking people in so maybe they climbed out the window!

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think that might be it... I heard something about getting a student to let them hide under their bed but apparently this year they searched everyone's rooms to make sure they weren't sneaking people in so maybe they climbed out the window!
    Hahahaha that sounds brutal. This stuff gets me so excited, it's gonna be a crazy three years... or seven years.. or however long your course is!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha that sounds brutal. This stuff gets me so excited, it's gonna be a crazy three years... or seven years.. or however long your course is!
    6 haha, I still can't believe it! There's always a masters then a PhD to keep you here for longer too haha

ReputationRep:
    6 haha, I still can't believe it! There's always a masters then a PhD to keep you here for longer too haha
    We should keep our fingers crossed for my grades then!

ReputationRep:
    Medicine at Sidney Sussex!

I needed an A* in Biology and ended up getting a low A in Biol 4 and the EMPA and a C in Biol 5, so ended up with 220/300 at A2 when I needed 270. To be fair, the C was only 13 marks off full UMS, that's how messed up the grade boundaries are! I phoned them up on the day and they said they were still considering but a significant number of people missed their offers and there were very few places (Medicine in particular has a strict quota and they'd already over-offered) so I wasn't too hopeful, but 4pm came round and I hadn't been rejected then a couple of hours later I got one saying I was in
    That's amazing! Congratulations, you must be so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    That's amazing! Congratulations, you must be so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much! Yes haha, ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Just received the rejection via email. I was really annoyed before at how long it was taking, but the admissions tutor was so nice. He went through my application and explained what happened in the summer pool (tbh I'm surprised I even made it to the summer pool). Sort of sounded like they tried to promote my application and the tone was almost disappointed that another college didn't give me an offer.

It's a gap year for me now, so we will see what happens. Good luck with everything
    Oh no.....
    I'm so sorry to hear that. It must've been really worrying since you had the results and especially last few days.
    Best of luck with whatever you decide to do in the future. Your posts always gave an impression you're very positive person, and that's most important quality for anyone. I'm sure you'll be great in whatever you decide to do.
    Very best wishes and good luck with re-sits!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Best. Reason(s). Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Best. Reason(s). Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you expect any less!?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.