Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieransavage1)
    Can anyone tell me where I can find f215 June 2014 past paper and mark-scheme?
    here is the paper: http://www.thebiotutor.com/past-papers3.html
    I don't know where to find the mark scheme though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mat1996)
    Yh, as soon as I saw that question i was like WTF!! and just made up stuff for that question what do u want to do at uni and wat uni r u planning to go to?
    Yeah haha, I'm going to study nursing at Kingston uni what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lighfy)
    Hmm...definitely ecology! I think the content is too dull for my liking, which makes it hard to revise. I'm definitely better at the genetics stuff What about you?
    I'd agree with you there, ecology is definitely my least preferred. Hardest would have to be interpreting genetics questions though, I always seem to get a little confused when they lots of info at us especially under the time pressure. Responding to the environment is definitely my favourite Ugh, last minute revision of chemistry doesn't help to calm the nerves. Are you revising chemistry at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with the biotechnology stuff please? Its really confusing, can someone please explain to me the whole sequencing a genome and whats the purpose for doing it?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain how much we need to know about the organisms used in biotechnology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    I'd agree with you there, ecology is definitely my least preferred. Hardest would have to be interpreting genetics questions though, I always seem to get a little confused when they lots of info at us especially under the time pressure. Responding to the environment is definitely my favourite Ugh, last minute revision of chemistry doesn't help to calm the nerves. Are you revising chemistry at the moment?
    Yes I am haha. Still recovering from F324, I really don't know what to expect from F325! Hopefully it'll be a better paper. I'll be glad to get chemistry over and done with, never want to look at stupid Born-Haber cycles again. How's your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lighfy)
    Yes I am haha. Still recovering from F324, I really don't know what to expect from F325! Hopefully it'll be a better paper. I'll be glad to get chemistry over and done with, never want to look at stupid Born-Haber cycles again. How's your revision going?
    Well, I've already planned my essays for psychology now I just have to learn them in the next 8 hours before psychology exam the next morning after chemistry I do salters B chemistry but I'm glad to know that it wasn't just our exam board that gave us a mean paper. I just want more time to revise biology as there's SO MUCH CONTENT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieransavage1)
    Can anyone tell me where I can find f215 June 2014 past paper and mark-scheme?
    MSs: http://www.thebiotutor.com/mark-schemes3.html

QPs: http://www.thebiotutor.com/past-papers3.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImogenWillis)
    Can someone please explain how much we need to know about the organisms used in biotechnology?
    It's come up as an 8 mark questions before. If you can get to a stage where you're able to answer it confidently, I'm sure that's more or less enough, but check the spec to see what you need exactly.

It was June 2012 Qu 4c [Mark Scheme]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    Yeah in the OCR text book pg 176

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't find it! Page 176 is about genetic engineering and bacteria? You must have a different book, it's not even on our specification is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Crafter)
    Well, I've already planned my essays for psychology now I just have to learn them in the next 8 hours before psychology exam the next morning after chemistry I do salters B chemistry but I'm glad to know that it wasn't just our exam board that gave us a mean paper. I just want more time to revise biology as there's SO MUCH CONTENT!
    Ahh right. Yep, memorising the content for F215 is half the battle haha

ReputationRep:
    Predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give a list of predictions for this exam please. Cant be bothered looking through the forum to find them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushyD)
    Can someone give a list of predictions for this exam please. Cant be bothered looking through the forum to find them
    There is no point asking this as no one can predict what is going to come up. Just because something came up in last years exam, doesn't mean it won't come up again and vice versa. But thing is just make sure you're solid on everything. Otherwise you're going to be biased to spend more time revising what people have 'predicted' and then will probably come on here after the exam and complain that nothing you had revised came up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    If you're calculated figure is lower than that of the critical value (p=0.05) than accept the null hypothesis- any difference between observed and expected values is not statistically significant and is due to chance
    Great thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raach.14)
    There is no point asking this as no one can predict what is going to come up. Just because something came up in last years exam, doesn't mean it won't come up again and vice versa. But thing is just make sure you're solid on everything. Otherwise you're going to be biased to spend more time revising what people have 'predicted' and then will probably come on here after the exam and complain that nothing you had revised came up.
    I never complain about predictions because I know its only a prediction... all im asking is for predictions as it helps with my study. Predictions are what have got me through most of my exams so far. Sooo can someone post me a list of predictions if you dont mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushyD)
    I never complain about predictions because I know its only a prediction... all im asking is for predictions as it helps with my study. Predictions are what have got me through most of my exams so far. Sooo can someone post me a list of predictions if you dont mind
    I need em tooo yo - let me know if you hear any predictions please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    I need em tooo yo - let me know if you hear any predictions please!
    No worries beans lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cdp3)
    Dopamine is just a neurotransmitter which affects certain behaviours, e.g. mood.
    There are 5 different receptors for dopamine, the effects of dopamine vary depending on which receptor is binds to and each receptor is coded for by a different gene, so for D4 receptor, DRD4 codes for it.

Having many D4 receptors has a negative effect, it links to abnormal behaviour, in for example, Schizophrenia (a disorder impacting thinking, perception, memory and emotion), and there is certain pieces of evidence to prove this.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beni24)
    Yeah haha, I'm going to study nursing at Kingston uni what about you?
    I was hoping to study Diagnostic Radiography at Hertfordshire but with the way my exams have went so far, I might end up taking a gap year IF my parents let me or might end up doing some random course somewhere

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.