Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Only Neville and Carragher speak any sense out of Sky really. Henry has been deluded for a lot of time I've watched him, however I feel that's due to him being unable to express himself rather than a **** understanding of the game like Yorke and co.

Lol at all the United pundits backing main man Moyes last year saying we're not a sacking club, then swiftly going back on their word when Van Gaal was appointed.
    Okay tbf Merson and Nicholas aren't exactly the best either. They're just there...nice chaps though.
    I think a lot of people were expecting too much from Henry, I'm sure he'll continue to improve the longer he has the job because there's no doubt that he knows the game as much as the others.

Haha yeah I get but nobody expected United to do that bad really.

Also, can't really make my mind up with Redknapp, sometimes he's good other times he's just meh.

ReputationRep:
    Neville is quite pro Chelsea and Henry too. Carragher not as much but they're definitely the best 3 pundits going atm. You get past Carragher's death accent and what he says usually hits home. Phil Neville knows what he's talking about but he's just a more boring version of his older brother.

Henry is a good pundit though, respectful of other teams but he's not a pussy to speak out his own opinion(see his comments on Monaco and how he refused to say it would be easy for Arsenal like the rest of the people said). Neville you see going in deep and ripping a team to shreds hard, same for Carragher. I think Neville likes to see English teams do well in europe, so that's why he doesn't feel the need to slate Chelsea and get a negative campaign going. You can tell that Jamie Redknapp bit a few too many lemons as a kid though.

ReputationRep:
    Best pundit on the BBC imo is Kevin Kilbane - s****e player but easily more knowledgeable than the rest of their usual pundits combined imo - good co-commentator as well.

Redknapp was an average player and is an average pundit, speaks far too much as if what he says is fact rather than opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Kilbane is good yeah. As are Dixon and Keown, defenders tend to make better pundits it seems. Seedorf on the BBC was good as well actually.

Personally find Henry a bit tedious to listen to, he doesnt cover enough points really to have a full opinion and his speaking style grates me at times.

Redknapp is arguably the most annoying after Savage who I hope gets beaten to a pulp any day now

Merse isn't even a pundit, he's just that guy you'll see in propping up the bar in any pub in like Enfield who doesnt know that much about football but is just a laugh to listen to.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Le Tissier isn't stupid - he's easily the best out of the Soccer Saturday bunch.

Carragher/Neville/Henry are by far and away the best. ITV's are pretty laughable in all honesty, you've got Southgate who doesn't seem willing to offer an opinion and Roy Keane who looks like he wants to smother Adrian Chiles and throw him in a river every match. Ian Wright is clueless, too.

BBC have better than ITV/BT (even as a Liverpool fan, I find McManaman, James, McAllister, Hargreaves tedious) but still a long way to go. Murphy, Fowler and Hamann don't offer anything ground-breaking, Shearer literally just describes action and says what he sees, Phil Neville is mundane and Jason Roberts/Jermaine Jenas are practically non-entities.

Keown is decent, yeah, and so is Kilbane. Always like Kilbane - he's wasted on Five Live/MOTD2 imo.

ReputationRep:
    gutted the game is not until monday.. did not realise until now, and was looking forward to it this weekend

impossible to take anything from either teams recent form as a way of predicting this tie, as both teams usually play entirely differently when they face each other... united stepping up for the occasion, and arsenal, regardless of form, colapsing..

Hope in the possiblity of a draw though.

They have horrible fixtures ahead, so maybe if we can take them back to london, we can sneak a win amoungst their other bigger league games.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Four goals scored in ten years at OT. Yikes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Where did you hear that? According to this it's 6.

http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/head_...s0wADXsCPiW.97

still not much better obviously!

ReputationRep:
    We have 0 chance at OT. As far as I'm concerned the game is a write off.

Prediction: Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal (Rooney, 12, 63 (pen))
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd be very surprised if anybody other than Rooney scored for Man Utd.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd have been playing like poop lately but they will miraculously play better against us.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    They have only scored more than one goal at OT once in 20 odd years, and they conceded 8 that day Not worried about Arsenal at all, everyone knows how we'll set up and how to beat them. We'll almost certainly score from a counter attack and a set piece, if we score the first goal then they aren't winning the game.

Arsenal are long overdue a win at OT but I think they will achieve this in the league game, not the cup game. Although as both teams have **** defences it could easily end 4-3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want United to win in the cup fixture (Liverpool have a better chance in beating United than Arsenal imo) and lose (or draw) in the PL fixture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They have only scored more than one goal at OT once in 20 odd years, and they conceded 8 that day Not worried about Arsenal at all, everyone knows how we'll set up and how to beat them. We'll almost certainly score from a counter attack and a set piece, if we score the first goal then they aren't winning the game.

Arsenal are long overdue a win at OT but I think they will achieve this in the league game, not the cup game. Although as both teams have **** defences it could easily end 4-3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You will win I have no doubt but you are going to get an absolute hammering in FF quote of the year if somehow results go a different way :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    I want United to win in the cup fixture (Liverpool have a better chance in beating United than Arsenal imo) and lose (or draw) in the PL fixture
    I want Liverpool in the semis if we win, because if it was a final the ''do it for Gerrard'' wankfest in the media would be unbearable.

It was bad enough last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I want Liverpool in the semis if we win, because if it was a final the ''do it for Gerrard'' wankfest in the media would be unbearable.

It was bad enough last year.
    Ha ha I feel you, final is on his birthday aswell which will just amplify the wankfest even more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    We have 0 chance at OT. As far as I'm concerned the game is a write off.

Prediction: Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal (Rooney, 12, 63 (pen))
    Care to elaborate as to why?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't think a United Liverpool final would be good for the neutral either. Our games are typically defensive and low scoring, both sides focusing more on avoiding defeat rather than winning the game. Nearly all of our recent meetings have been 1-1, 2-1, 1-0 etc and the few that aren't have been embarrassingly one sided.

ReputationRep:
    Dont see how you could be downbeat about playing us at OT. I agree with Wenger, this match doesnt rely on the past games between these two teams but rather who plays well on the day and takes thier chances rather than waste them like Wilshere did.

If you go 1-0 ahead then thats game over. The worse that could happen is if it ends as a draw. As a United fan, i'm not being negative but i honestly think Arsenal might give us a hiding come Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody going to the match, Utd or Arsenal fans?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.