Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    HR from Nomura got in touch with me to say they're aware of a major problem with their tests at the moment and they're trying to fix it with Kenexa. They said they'd contact me when the problem was fixed and to reset my test.

How long should I give them before following up? Worried that I'm going to be disadvantaged as I can't get my application reviewed until the tests are done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Few days shouldn't make a difference, give them a bit of time (not much else you could do)

ReputationRep:
    Quick question -

If in past years I have been to networking events at banks, should I attend them again this year? Thinking about Citi and Rothschild particularly. Wondering if there is really any value-add in me attending them again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're mostly pointless given how the recruitment system works, you have to seriously impress someone for them to then go to HR and get HR to advance your application.

From my experience they're useful once you've got the offer and want to get into a certain team.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with Nomura's HR email please?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Blackstone SA in LDN office? Put my app in yesterday.

Also has anyone heard anything from MS Real Estate Investment Management?

ReputationRep:
    Rothschild or UBS for M&A?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they tax you based on your pro-rata salary (£50,000) so you are above the threshold and then you have to reclaim it. At least this is what happened for me, maybe it is different elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry but how do you reclaim it? Have to do it for my internship that just ended too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckyfellow)
    Rothschild or UBS for M&A?
    Do you have offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    Sorry but how do you reclaim it? Have to do it for my internship that just ended too
    HR should send you a P45. If not, ask them. Then once you have that, go online and search for 'P50'. It will come up with the link to the HMRC website. Fill in the online form and submit. You should get all your tax back.

Once reviewed, they will send you a letter confirming this. They never email you about this so if you get an email, it's not legit.

If you don't reclaim it now, then they should automatically give it back to you in April 2017, but knowing HMRC, they probably won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Supposing I attend an assessment centre in a couple of weeks and I got the internship offer from that bank, if later on (after two weeks or even some months) I get an offer from another bank that I consider more interesting, is it always possible to reject the previous offer without time constraints?
    (Sorry if it's a naive question, but it's the first year I'm getting interested in these opportunities)

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone have an idea about DB and their GTB Disruptive Technology and Client Innovation business for Frankfurt any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpierce94)
    Supposing I attend an assessment centre in a couple of weeks and I got the internship offer from that bank, if later on (after two weeks or even some months) I get an offer from another bank that I consider more interesting, is it always possible to reject the previous offer without time constraints?
    (Sorry if it's a naive question, but it's the first year I'm getting interested in these opportunities)
    As soon as you get an offer from Bank A you should contact Bank B and let them know you've received an offer that expires in X amount of days. Hopefully then they can get back to you with a decision before that offer expires. It's inadvisable to accept an offer from Bank A and then renege on it for Bank B.

ReputationRep:
    Property questions on Citi's TalentQ test completely baffle me

ReputationRep:
    can anyone approximate the pass mark for MS numerical test?

ReputationRep:
    Can final years apply to Rothschild SA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's going on with the Citi summer IBD process? Has anyone heard anything post-test and how long did that take if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    How long after submission do you usually get the Citi tests? Roughly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    How long after submission do you usually get the Citi tests? Roughly?
    After your app has gone through a preliminary review. Give it a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jg100)
    What's going on with the Citi summer IBD process? Has anyone heard anything post-test and how long did that take if you don't mind me asking?
    Got rejected last night for Off-Cycle, they didn't give a reason but my suspicion is TalentQ. Got through to AC last year. Took about two weeks overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected last night for Off-Cycle, they didn't give a reason but my suspicion is TalentQ. Got through to AC last year. Took about two weeks overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, sorry about that, I did the AC last year as well but still haven't heard back about 4 days after doing the test, seemed tougher this year.

ReputationRep:
    Just did Barclays Insight 2. Like a post earlier, i I would say it was interesting.... But not great in terms of helping you explain why you would be good for the job. Once I find out if I made it through or not, I will probably give more information on what exactly was included, but a previous post on this thread pretty much says it all. I still am not a fan of video interviews in general, as I don't believe it comes naturally to most people to just talk to themselves. The human interaction of a normal interview, I believe, allows you to bring out your personality much more compared to video interview as you can adjust based on what the other person is doing/saying. Ah well, that's my slight rant about video interviews over. Good luck with the rest of your applications guys and girls!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.