The Ultimate Football Thread IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Today, apart from poor finishing, Liverpool were unlucky. Looking at that match, on another day they would've won comfortably.
Klinsmannic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Crouch and Kuyt should have been fighting over the match ball at the end of the game, to be frank. Both try really hard, but they are symptomatic of an average squad imo. It'll take a new manager to overhaul the current squad, as I don't see Rafa undoing the last few years of squad building. I like him as a manager, I've said it before, but he has far too much weight on his shoulders now.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
I'm not all that fussed, really. As long as Benitez has a job, I'll be happy.
I don't really care about that and has absolutely no relevance to my post. I'm just putting straight your clueless comments before someone else picks up on it and takes it as fact.

Peter Crouch really can **** off out of Liverpool for all i care now. His attitude this season has by and large been ****ing appaling and on the three big chances he's been given to score goals and help cement his place in the side (Chelsea carling cup, Havant and Barnsley) he has turned in 3 truly ****house performances. For someone who was being booed and mocked by almost every other football fan in the country when his current manager stuck by and put his neck on the line for him, Peter's performances recently have been nothing short of absolutely disgraceful.

Time to stop being such a ****house **** and give something back Peter.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
kpg, have you noticed that in recent matches, we take most of our set pieces short? And also hardly put a decent cross in. It's frustrating.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Most of our set pieces are embarassingly bad.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Which is partly why Crouch isn't doing so well.

The Sunderland game was a good example. No crosses/crap crosses for the most part of the game, then Carragher out of all people steps up, excellent delivery, and goal.

I don't understand why we can't just swing it into the box like a normal team instead of taking it short and trying to walk our way into the goal.
Blaqk Audio
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Some of the reaction to the news that Barnsley defeated Liverpool at Anfield from around the World.

Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OK, that's actually rather lame.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:giggle:

I lolled at Rocky.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by farhan)
Which is partly why Crouch isn't doing so well.

The Sunderland game was a good example. No crosses/crap crosses for the most part of the game, then Carragher out of all people steps up, excellent delivery, and goal.

I don't understand why we can't just swing it into the box like a normal team instead of taking it short and trying to walk our way into the goal.
Carra's cross was from open play, not a set piece
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
OK, that's actually rather lame.
Lol the idea was good but it needed a couple more dozen pictures :p:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cmon Utd!!!
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Today, apart from poor finishing, Liverpool were unlucky. Looking at that match, on another day they would've won comfortably.
I agree. But this happens too many times under Rafa. It's the whole team's fault, quite frankly, it all comes down to the Manager, he's the one that's supposed to train/buy/motivate the players.

We need our old Assistant Manager back, or someone along side Rafa. The rumour when he left was that he had all the 'ideas'.
Blaqk Audio
Report 11 years ago
24 Carra Gold!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by loadmalz)
I agree. But this happens too many times under Rafa. It's the whole team's fault, quite frankly, it all comes down to the Manager, he's the one that's supposed to train/buy/motivate the players.

We need our old Assistant Manager back, or someone along side Rafa. The rumour when he left was that he had all the 'ideas'.
I'm not sure that the Barnsley match was representative (or even indicative) of Liverpool's season. The void in creativity and ideas on the pitch seen in the West Ham game (for instance) were not present yesterday. I saw a team battering the Barnsley goal to come up against a better-than-average goalkeeping display and some extraordinary last-ditch defending that those Barnsley players will never replicate in another game. On the other hand, it's an exit in the Cup to a team to whom Liverpool should not be losing. On that basis it's hard not to judge players and manager harshly.

I suppose it's no coincidence that the departure of Pako Ayesteran has coincided with Liverpool's misfortunes. This is a man who has been with Rafa Benitez to share every triumph that Benitez has enjoyed as a manager, throughout the Valencia spell that made Benitez' name, and including his European success with Liverpool. I don't know exactly what counsel Ayesteran offered Benitez but he seems to miss it.

Sir Alex Ferguson's United career is proof enough of the value of a talented assistant. I don't know exactly just what Ferguson achieved in the brief spells after the departures of Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren and Carlos Queiroz, but I bet it wasn't nearly as much as with them. With Kidd, Ferguson dominated English football in the '90s; with McClaren he conquered Europe.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anyone heard or seen the new Nike boots they are goldy/yellow supposedly make you go faster....makes the faster even faster, so does that mean the slower ones go even slower? :rolleyes:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Maybe Justin Hoyte should invest in a pair.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by WaW)
Anyone heard or seen the new Nike boots they are goldy/yellow supposedly make you go faster....makes the faster even faster, so does that mean the slower ones go even slower? :rolleyes:
Those would be the Mercurial Vapor IV. I saw a pair of the predecessor, the Mercurial Vapor III, and wasn't a fan. They're stupidly thin, it's basically like your own feet with a light plastic sock with blades on the bottom. Reckon it would hurt my poor feet to shoot with them.
Rafa
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Those would be the Mercurial Vapor IV. I saw a pair of the predecessor, the Mercurial Vapor III, and wasn't a fan. They're stupidly thin, it's basically like your own feet with a light plastic sock with blades on the bottom. Reckon it would hurt my poor feet to shoot with them.
I wore the Mercurial Vapor III at the meet, they're ace for dribbling, but shooting is a nightmare and they give you horrible blisters!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed