And why would you think that?
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I feel like such a bad friend.
:no: You're not. You have helped me loads for a start! and Im pretty certain you've helped plenty of people in here too, and even in the real world im sure you are just the same :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by herbal bug)
one year with him :love: he makes me feel happy- no one in my family can do this..I do despise them at times
I don't speak to most of my family. I haven't spoken to my mum in nearly 2/3 months now.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a dream that my mum died last night. Horrible horrible dream.

How is everyone?
bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i feel really really horrible today. for a load of different reasons.i cant handle all this emotional pain i can see nothing to be positive about at the moment. i'm sick of being so dillusioned ,looking at some people through rose tinted glasses when in actual fact they are nothing but *******s fat ones at that!!!!
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Uni is good but I'm waning. I feel really depressed.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Uni is good but I'm waning. I feel really depressed.
:hugs: Want to talk? xx
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isn't it weird how we can be surrounded by people who know exactly what we're going through and will do absolutely anything to help, people who really love us and want us to feel better... but each of us still feels completely alone at the bottom of this pit?

If I wanted to, I could go downstairs and talk to my mum. I could phone my best friend, or talk to someone on MSN. I've got this, the Dep Soc. But even with all these places to go for support, I still feel completely alone like I have no-one to talk to and no-one cares. It's ridiculous!
hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I need help. I need help for depression, think it's time to go to the doctor's. Been struggling for a year, it's not going away but I don't want to do something stupid and I think that I could. Quitting Uni after Christmas because my mental health has gone downhill to the point of breaking and I can't deal with it anymore. Having bad thoughts. Need help. I'm scared.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
3 months and I can't even bring myself to go and visit her. It really wouldn't take that much effort to walk 20 mins up the road to her but I can't do it. It shuts in half an hour now but I've been putting it off all day. What a bad friend that makes me. Quarter of a year. I don't believe it. It can't be that long. It can't be real at all in fact. I feel so bad for not visiting her today but I can't bring myself to do it. I'm so sorry. I'm a bad person.
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
Isn't it weird how we can be surrounded by people who know exactly what we're going through and will do absolutely anything to help, people who really love us and want us to feel better... but each of us still feels completely alone at the bottom of this pit?

If I wanted to, I could go downstairs and talk to my mum. I could phone my best friend, or talk to someone on MSN. I've got this, the Dep Soc. But even with all these places to go for support, I still feel completely alone like I have no-one to talk to and no-one cares. It's ridiculous!
Probably something to do with the guilt of throwing your problems at other people, compounded with that they tend to be fairly irrational so there's not much people can actually do to help anyway.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Planto)
Probably something to do with the guilt of throwing your problems at other people, compounded with that they tend to be fairly irrational so there's not much people can actually do to help anyway.
That is very true, for which reason I'm sorry for the upcoming rant.

But...

I have had a horrible day, my head just won't shut up and I feel like I need to be knocked out with a sledgehammer. Dad made a really obvious comment about how selfish suicide is, which shows mum has obviously told him I'd spoken to her about it, which has made me upset. I just do not want to here any more - I KNOW that's selfish, I KNOW it's cowardly, but I still can't help wishing I could just escape. Now I'm in bed and I don't want to be on my own where my mind can keep on bullying me and I can get myself more and more upset, but there's no-one here, they're all asleep and if I go and wake them up I won't be able to tell them and they won't be able to make it better and I'll just be a waste of time to everyone.

:banghead:

I hate this. I hate it I hate it I HATE it.

:cry:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate these thoughts. I don't even want to die, but:
I'm having these thoughts, really bad ones, about taking all 44 fluoxetine pills that I have. That I should walk out onto the dual carriageway and get myself killed. I don't want to die, but my head is telling me I should do this.
I've been here before.... I hate it :cry:
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NIY - people don't always know what to say, and as much as his remark was unkind and he might not be able to grasp why, he still cares for you. Even though right now you don't value yourself, you are a good person, and do have worth. You will see this one day, hopefully soon, and as much as the future may seem bleak, things will get better :console:.

RB - We don't want you to die either, you're fab :hugs:. If those thoughs recur as a serious proposition, could you ring someone to help them stop you from doing something you don't want to do? I hope you're feeling a little better this morning, at least.
orchid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never posted on this thread before. I have suffered from depression for around 6 years. I've been on fluoxtine (can't spell) for over a year and have felt amazingly better with it. So much so that I have gone from doing nothing to having every day filled up. Which should be great but it's actually making me depressed again. I now panic and feel anxious that I don't have enough time, I have just started a new job, I desperately need money but I hate the job and I have so much work from college
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
NIY - people don't always know what to say, and as much as his remark was unkind and he might not be able to grasp why, he still cares for you. Even though right now you don't value yourself, you are a good person, and do have worth. You will see this one day, hopefully soon, and as much as the future may seem bleak, things will get better :console:.

RB - We don't want you to die either, you're fab :hugs:. If those thoughs recur as a serious proposition, could you ring someone to help them stop you from doing something you don't want to do? I hope you're feeling a little better this morning, at least.
I've been out now, and I've been distracting myself. Feeling a wee but better but not much. I don't know who I'd ring tbh but hey.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
:hugs: for everyone
:hugs: to you m'dear
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling unstable tonight.

And for some odd reason, I seem to have decided that I need a boyfriend. This is the most terrible timing for that decision, since I can't even bring myself to go to a sleepover with people I've known for years, let alone go looking for a new relationship, but I've just been feeling so lonely. I have honestly come to believe that I'm completely unlovable in every way, and nobody will ever be stupid enough to want me. Nobody has in the last two years, so I don't know why that would change now. I feel completely worthless.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads