Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)
    I don't think it takes anything away from Rodgers at all to be honest, he had an exceptionally high QB rating all year and regardless of the system, he got the wins and the stats are impressive. I don't know, to be fair it was one game at the end of the season

Plus, Brady's first 3 SB seasons weren't exactly him carrying the team either. He had a top 3 defense for a few years. Brady grew into the role over time, and I see no reason why Rodgers can't/isn't growing into that kind of player now. I rate Peyton Manning possibly the most out of any QB ever (hard for me to say as I think Marino would get about 6000 yards today if you had today's rules back then). The guy carried the team from day one - as did Marino, but Manning has the ring, a lot of career wins and brilliant stats every single year he played - more consistent in my view than Brady over the years as an individual player. Without him they were awful. Without Brady, they've done ok in the past, though they might not again if Ryan Mallett waiting in the wings doesn't develop right.

I'd prefer Manning (if healthy) in Miami to Flynn (a free agent coming up) obviously, but I imagine we'll consider him as we have the Packers OC Joe Philbin in as Head Coach, so he knows him well. If Flynn came and we gave him a good system in the West Coast Offense like Green Bay have, he could thrive too. There's potential there, but it was just one game so I'm not getting overexcited.
    Exactly, you said he was the best in the league right now. Right now if Miami or Washington had to pick a QB to lead their team next season out of all NFL QBs, they would take Brady or Manning.

ReputationRep:
    Is this going to be the match thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    Exactly, you said he was the best in the league right now. Right now if Miami or Washington had to pick a QB to lead their team next season out of all NFL QBs, they would take Brady or Manning.
    Aaron Rodgers as a Packers player has still played the best this year overall, therefore he's the best in the league right now. In fact you could say he carried that team - the Packers' D was about 27th in the league this year. One Flynn game doesn't disprove it necessarily, he might just have a had a fluke good game (to be fair he had over 40 attempts in that game too high numbers aren't a massive surprise) or he might also be a very good QB that has learned well from Rodgers. It could mean multiple things. It's more unclear yeah I grant you, but it doesn't take anything away from Rodgers. I still think he's no.1 right now actually.

ReputationRep:
    Hostile reception for the Pats, lot of Manning love in Indianapolis. Hopefully we can silence this crowd, COME ON PATS!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol I hate the cheesy pre game song.

Gonna be a good matcht though!!!!

ReputationRep:
    miranda and blake should both stick to country music!! Still love em both though

ReputationRep:
    Never watched this sport before but I am honestly astonished at the scope and spectacle of the SuperBowl.

Staggering.

Reminds me of watching the WWE Wrestlemania when I was younger :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Having to watch on Sky Go with low quality, still worth it

ReputationRep:
    Some big lads out tonight! Coin toss!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Never watched this sport before but I am honestly astonished at the scope and spectacle of the SuperBowl.

Staggering.

Reminds me of watching the WWE Wrestlemania when I was younger :rofl:
    except that nfl isn't ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I've placed a couple of bets.. 4/1 for NY giants to win by a margin of up to 7 points.. and for either Ellis or Gronkowski to score the first touchdown . Just a couple of quid here and there
    price did you get for ellis and gron?

i'm on ridley first or last @ 25/1 and anytime at 3/1.

ReputationRep:
    Watching it on BBC 1 HD on my new 32 inch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm going to give American football a try

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what i am watching 0.o

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ the giants o-line allowing 2 sacks in the first 5 minutes.

Patriots FTW. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I always end up watching the Superbowl, and I never have a clue what is going on O_o

Wait, why has it stopped?

ReputationRep:
    Safety!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I spoke too soon. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Safety lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have no clue what is going on.

Why do they keep going back to the studio?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.