Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Denilson's had his contract cancelled.

**** me, what an awful player he was, never seen a Brazilian with less flair or ambition to his game. Cant believe Fabregas had to carry this mug for years...
    When does his arsenal contract expire? How will Wenger get rid of any deadweights whose contract won't be expiring anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    When does his arsenal contract expire? How will Wenger get rid of any deadweights whose contract won't be expiring anytime soon

Just cancelled his contract by mutual consent so he can join any club of his choosing for free.

Realistically, he's worth about 3m to a team like Sao Paulo but with his wages its just better to release him. Should look to do the same with Chamakh and then with Arshavin/Squllaci already receiving their P45 we're doing alright.

Wouldnt want to release Bendtner like that though as he'd easily fetch 5m-7m from a midtable Bundesliga club etc.

ReputationRep:
    What's the deal with Squillaci, Park, Bendtner and Chamakh?

Still a lot of dross on the payroll. I think the worst is Squillaci who is completely useless..

ReputationRep:
    Denilson's had his contract cancelled.

**** me, what an awful player he was, never seen a Brazilian with less flair or ambition to his game. Cant believe Fabregas had to carry this mug for years...
    He wasn't THAT bad

To the person above: It was by mutual consent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    He wasn't THAT bad

To the person above: It was by mutual consent
    Cant think of a worse midfielder who actually got games under Wenger than Denilson.

If Gilberto was the invisible wall than Denilson was the invisible man because he couldnt tackle, was lazy, couldnt/wouldnt pass forward and never scored.

ReputationRep:
    Santos for left wing anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    What's the deal with Squillaci, Park, Bendtner and Chamakh?

Still a lot of dross on the payroll. I think the worst is Squillaci who is completely useless..
    Squillaci's contract expired thank **** so he's gone already. Same as Arshavin. So with Denilson gone as well that's nearly 200k/week shaved.

In fairness to Bendtner, he's not a leech and went out on loan as soon as he was dropped and would fetch a tidy sum when we sell him. Wont be a shortage of suitors either.

Chamakh is just a leech who we'll be very lucky to unload even for nothing.

Park might go back to France for nothing if we're lucky.

(Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Santos for left wing anyone?

Would love to say David Bentley but cant remember ever seeing him play for us. And Spurs paid 17m for him earning us 8m through the sell on fee so he's got some comedy value

ReputationRep:
    Denilson got sent off last night for two yellows too. Was painful to watch so this is good news this morning.

ReputationRep:
    The strange thing about Denilson is that he just didn't push on, he really took to the PL well initially and was very good for in his first 6 months in the league- akin to Arshavin- when he was just 19 and fresh from Brazilian youth football.

Just never bulked up and pushed on when teams found out he was weak. Lack of off the pitch work ethics I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Denilson got sent off last night for two yellows too. Was painful to watch so this is good news this morning.
    Which Brazilian team do you support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    The strange thing about Denilson is that he just didn't push on, he really took to the PL well initially and was very good for in his first 6 months in the league- akin to Arshavin- when he was just 19 and fresh from Brazilian youth football.

Just never bulked up and pushed on when teams found out he was weak. Lack of off the pitch work ethics I guess.
    found it hard to find a role in the team tbh. Fabregas was running the show as CAM, Gilberto/Song/Diaby played the DM/BTB role so Denilson was left to just play stupid 3ft sideways passes all day long. Never learned a thing at Arsenal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the deal with Park cause I don't even remember watching 5 consecutive games with him playing. I don't think he got the chance to prove himself and in all honesty I can't even assess how good/bad he is cause he just hasn't played! Maybe he just wasn't good enough at training and Wenger thought it wasn't worth playing him. Although that begs the question- why buy him in the first place then?

whats surprising is that he had over 150 appearances with us tbh

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Wenger has been dropping hints at signing Rooney: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...s-Wayne-Rooney

Obviously he has spoken about Grenier openly and the Fabregas situation seems to be working in our favour with the buy-out clause and of course there is still a lot of media speculation around Higuain and Jovetic. So a lot of transfer news..who do you think are most likely if any at all? I would have said Jovetic a few weeks ago but that seems an increasingly difficult move but Grenier is the only one I see happening. If thats the case then I hope we do other business soon as possible cause that one signing is definitely not going to make us challenge for trophies next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Apparently Wenger has been dropping hints at signing Rooney: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...s-Wayne-Rooney

Obviously he has spoken about Grenier openly and the Fabregas situation seems to be working in our favour with the buy-out clause and of course there is still a lot of media speculation around Higuain and Jovetic. So a lot of transfer news..who do you think are most likely if any at all? I would have said Jovetic a few weeks ago but that seems an increasingly difficult move but Grenier is the only one I see happening. If thats the case then I hope we do other business soon as possible cause that one signing is definitely not going to make us challenge for trophies next year.
    we all know deep down that Wenger is reviewing at Ligue 2 scouting reports as we speak

Rooney, Fabregas definitely not happening. Higuain/Jovetic possible, Grenier likely I would say.

ReputationRep:
    "I told my staff a long time ago that it would be the last season of Ferguson "

Didn't i tell you so! He knew it all along:rofl:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...r?ICID=HP_BN_6

ReputationRep:
    we all know deep down that Wenger is reviewing at Ligue 2 scouting reports as we speak

Rooney, Fabregas definitely not happening. Higuain/Jovetic possible, Grenier likely I would say.
    I agree with Rooney and Fabregas and it just looks like something instigated by journalists to fill the papers. Im not sure about Higuain and Jovetic though either as they are both players with a number of options and Juventus seem to be running away with this one unfortunately. The Jovetic price tag now stands at 25m and although I think Wenger is more willing to spend in recent seasons, I doubt he will shell out that kind of money. That just leaves Grenier which might be a good deal but that is in no way going to strengthen our squad to the extent that I was hoping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Whats the deal with Park cause I don't even remember watching 5 consecutive games with him playing. I don't think he got the chance to prove himself and in all honesty I can't even assess how good/bad he is cause he just hasn't played! Maybe he just wasn't good enough at training and Wenger thought it wasn't worth playing him. Although that begs the question- why buy him in the first place then?
    the club froze him out so they could write off his wages in the books meaning they won't count against financial fair play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Which Brazilian team do you support?
    Cruzeiro.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with this.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.