Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how you preparing for your emdp interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I just joined TSR. Does any one know whether its still normal for me to be waiting for an interview invite? I'm an international and I don't know what to expect! I got 735 on the ukcat (I think) and I'm getting a bit worried. My stats otherwise are fine..

ReputationRep:
    I got 707.5 and I'm still waiting too, I guess my chances are incredibly slim looking at the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zheyuan)
    I got 707.5 and I'm still waiting too, I guess my chances are incredibly slim looking at the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you international too? Its getting a bit scary cos some of my friends who got higher than me on the ukact have already been called for interview..And anw, don't lose hope yet! We shall wait it out till the end!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yes95)
    Are you international too? Its getting a bit scary cos some of my friends who got higher than me on the ukact have already been called for interview..And anw, don't lose hope yet! We shall wait it out till the end!!
    Yea Im international. The wait is killing me! but even if i dont make it this year ill just apply again and boost my CV while im at it !

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for finding this out, I've been waiting since December... Don't think I can take this worrying for another two months :'(

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and I've just received an interview for medicine . However, I can't open the PDF file. Does anyone know why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yes95)
    Hey!

I just joined TSR. Does any one know whether its still normal for me to be waiting for an interview invite? I'm an international and I don't know what to expect! I got 735 on the ukcat (I think) and I'm getting a bit worried. My stats otherwise are fine..
    You 'think'......................... ................................ ................................ ................................ ...... Brilliant. Let's all embrace the next generation of doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    You 'think'......................... ................................ ................................ ................................ ...... Brilliant. Let's all embrace the next generation of doctors.
    Uncalled for if you have nothing good to say then keep it to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    People who grew up in a different country/who did not go through the UK education system may not be as familiar with the UKCAT as someone like yourself. What if the rule is you take the median of subset scores rather than the mean? Call me mentally retarded but I don't even really remember my subset scores from a test I took half a year ago.

Whether the UKCAT is a suitable indicator of aptitude is debatable but if it is, Yes95 is obviously very bright. You, on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazer46)
    I'm an international student and I've just received an interview for medicine . However, I can't open the PDF file. Does anyone know why?
    Congrats! I'm a fellow international too still waiting for an interview. May I ask what your ukcat was? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    Congrats! I'm a fellow international too still waiting for an interview. May I ask what your ukcat was? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was 802.5, with 510 in Verbal x.x

ReputationRep:
    On a positive note, I got an offer yesterday and my interview was last Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YasmineCherfi)
    Ooh congratulations!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YasmineCherfi)
    Gratz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1391628999.062288.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  39.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by 0612)
      Guys! best thing is to ignore this person (Hugby1) and not fuel his ego any longer.
      Or even better, report his stupid posts and get him blocked

ReputationRep:
      Thanks, guys!

ReputationRep:
      You just called yourself 'mentally retarded'? How politically correct your phraseology is... As an aspiring medic I would have thought you would be less less crass. In future please refer to yourself as just plain handicapped? Just a thought.
      Oh goodness no. That's not what I meant! It was just colloquialism, which I thought was appropriate on an internet forum and obviously not in any professional setting. I am an international applicant just like Yes96, and I found your comment a little belittling, that's all. I apologise.

ReputationRep:
      Can we all....relax

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.