Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :'( soooo close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    that's amazing though - i always love to see fans clapping and showing respect to another team.it just sounds like so much fun and i'm really happy for all the bournemouth fans who supported their team all season to get a reward like this.i understand that watford were the ones who "bottled it", but bournemouth still had to do their job and they did it convincingly.welcome to the premier league - i hope it's a long stay!
    Yep that's just the sort of team we are . We didn't have anything to play for so it was really good to see them win and how happy they are. Was really funny seeing the Bournemouth fans who had bought tickets in the home stands suddenly make themselves known jumping up and down shouting "we sit where we want. AFC Bournemouth we sit where we want" :lol:. Was good to see Yann back at The Valley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
    Yep that's just the sort of team we are . We didn't have anything to play for so it was really good to see them win and how happy they are. Was really funny seeing the Bournemouth fans who had bought tickets in the home stands suddenly make themselves known jumping up and down shouting "we sit where we want. AFC Bournemouth we sit where we want" :lol:. Was good to see Yann back at The Valley
    Oh well aren't you a modest one

Well that's it - the fact that you lost 3-0 yet still had the class to applaud your opponents?
    Absolutely excellent.

Well they have a point; they sit wherever they want on the league table too!

I confess that although I follow shorelines, I don't really watch much of lower league matches.
    However who can resist the final day of the season?!

Not like Liverpool have anything significant to play for anyway...

ReputationRep:
    So Burton, Shrews and Bury heading up to League One as it stands

ReputationRep:
    Dog **** season really. 15th for the second consecutive season.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Bury, good footballing team succeeds again. Still annoyed, waiting for Mad Mick to get deducted a point for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Dog **** season really. 15th for the second consecutive season.
    10th :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    :'( soooo close
    We were close but we didn't make the playoffs because our defence played **** at crucial games (e.g. Derby away, Blues away, today etc.) Gutted that we missed out but the way we played today showed that we probably weren't god enough. Have to do it next season though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakesidhu)
    We were close but we didn't make the playoffs because our defence played **** at crucial games (e.g. Derby away, Blues away, today etc.) Gutted that we missed out but the way we played today showed that we probably weren't god enough. Have to do it next season though.
    Gotta be proud of our season with the basis of our squad having played last season. If you're looking for anywhere we threw it away it has to be Millwall away, but other teams will say the same & no more than the bottlers in the East Mids. Gonna miss Sako though, but I'm not particularly scared by any of the teams coming down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    x
    I owe you a congrats, peed of that Wigan didn't put up more of a fight but what can you say, you deserved it. The 4-0 at your place was the difference. Go do it in the playoffs too!

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be proud of our season with the basis of our squad having played last season. If you're looking for anywhere we threw it away it has to be Millwall away, but other teams will say the same & no more than the bottlers in the East Mids. Gonna miss Sako though, but I'm not particularly scared by any of the teams coming down.
    That's true, I expected a mid-table finish so coming 7th is great, especially considering we only missed out on goal difference (then again, that adds to the disappointment). We have to strengthen in the summer because next season expectations will be higher (play-off's/promotion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakesidhu)
    That's true, I expected a mid-table finish so coming 7th is great, especially considering we only missed out on goal difference (then again, that adds to the disappointment). We have to strengthen in the summer because next season expectations will be higher (play-off's/promotion).
    You know what our fans our like too, any sign of under achievement and they go wildly OTT.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if anybody but Bournemouth were Championship champions it would feel a little weird imo. Bournemouth fully deserve the title.

ReputationRep:
    You know what our fans our like too, any sign of under achievement and they go wildly OTT.
    Tbf most fans I spoke to were reasonable with their aims this season, but they all agree that we must challenge for promotion next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkred)
    10th :fluffy:
    I'm proud of you

Rowett could easily be a contender for manager of the season, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Blackpool v Huddersfield, I think will go on after the crowd disperses. Can't be having an unfinished game on the last day of the season
    I would not have the game replayed.

I would not have a convicted sex offender allowed anywhere near a football club either. As Owen Oyston is.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I can't believe Oyston's got rid of the statute from outside Bloomfield Road because the Blackpool fans were planning a protest there.

Almost as bad as erecting a Michael Jackson statue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I can't believe Oyston's got rid of the statute from outside Bloomfield Road because the Blackpool fans were planning a protest there.

I can't believe there's an owner as unpopular as our SISU. It takes a special effort to get to that level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)

Wasn't even a protest they were planning was it? Thought it was a special anniversary of that fa cup final and they'd planned a tribute - laying wreathes and the like

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I would not have the game replayed.

I would not have a convicted sex offender allowed anywhere near a football club either. As Owen Oyston is.
    The game won't be replayed. It'll be a 3-0 win to Huddersfield and a possible fine/points deduction for Blackpool.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.