Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportyannie)
    Has everybody got there confirmation letters from their college? I haven't received mine yet????
    We haven't got confirmation letters from the college, don't worry. Just the ones who put in an open application got allotted colleges.

Btw, guys, is there any way to know approx how many people applied to a certain college for a certain course in 2014/15? St Hilda's accepts only 6 students for engineering science every year and I kinda need to know how many people I'm up against xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    We haven't got confirmation letters from the college, don't worry. Just the ones who put in an open application got allotted colleges.

Btw, guys, is there any way to know approx how many people applied to a certain college for a certain course in 2014/15? St Hilda's accepts only 6 students for engineering science every year and I kinda need to know how many people I'm up against xD
    Not for 2014/2015 unfortunately, but you might be interested in this : https://www.ox.ac.uk/media/global/ww...stics_2013.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    Not for 2014/2015 unfortunately, but you might be interested in this : https://www.ox.ac.uk/media/global/ww...stics_2013.pdf
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just been allocated to St Edmund Hall for Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranayounis)
    I've applied to Pembroke! I found it absolutely lovely on the day when I went to go and visit, I had never considered it before my visit and fell in love with it when I did. I'm sure you'd love it
    I spent a week at Oxford when I went on an Oxford programme led by Pembroke and it was really friendly!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing sitting the HAT?? And if so do you have any advice? I'm sort of freaking out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistresshelp)
    Is anyone doing sitting the HAT?? And if so do you have any advice? I'm sort of freaking out
    Past papers past papers past papers past papers! And all the mark schemes. They are super helpful.

Have you already tried any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    No-one applied there this year because they thought it would be too competitive, thus making it the easiest one to get into now!
    Haha in all seriousness I'm sure there are plenty of Balliol applicants ! I've applied to Trinity (Balliol's neighbour and rival!) and haven't managed to find any other applicants.
    I've applied to Trinity! what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Eagerly waiting for the college follow-up email! Desperate to get my supporting documents sent off and be able to chill for a while :,)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Subject?
    PPE, TSA.

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry this may be a stupid question but, did they really open the course for 6 students? thats crazy (I applied for E&M at CC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhuller)
    oh gosh I wish I had known!! I just have a friend who went to Balliol and liked it, so after checking it out I applied... Do u know the process if a college is oversubscribed??
    Don't worry about it, honestly! If you're good enough for Oxford the colleges work together to ensure you get a place. Balliol is a great choice btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_)
    I've applied to Trinity! what did you apply for?
    Ah! Another Trinity applicant, at last! I've applied for History and Politics. What about you? What made you choose Trinity? Sorry for all the questions but you are the only other Trinity applicant I've found!

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Another Trinity applicant, at last! I've applied for History and Politics. What about you? What made you choose Trinity? Sorry for all the questions but you are the only other Trinity applicant I've found!
    You're also the first one I've found I've applied for Medicine ! hmm, my brother studies at Trinity college Cambridge so whilst visiting Oxford it stuck out to me but when I got there, there was a girl who went to the same school as me quite a couple of years back (great coincidence! ) and she really sold it for me! I spent the most time there talking to her which was really helpful so I went for it How about you? What made you choose Trinity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unistresshelp)
    I'm sitting the HAT! I'm always kind of nervous about it! I'm just going over my A Level History notes and doing the practice papers online. Good luck to you btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring_)
    You're also the first one I've found I've applied for Medicine ! hmm, my brother studies at Trinity college Cambridge so whilst visiting Oxford it stuck out to me but when I got there, there was a girl who went to the same school as me quite a couple of years back (great coincidence! ) and she really sold it for me! I spent the most time there talking to her which was really helpful so I went for it How about you? What made you choose Trinity
    Researched colleges on the Oxford website. I whittled it down to Merton, Oriel, Corpus or Trinity. Went to the Trinity open day and fell in love with it! Also, the food is really good and quite expansive gardens as well! Hopefully we find some more Trinity people - although there are usually like 6-7 for HisPol so I'm unlikely to haha!

ReputationRep:
    What should you do on the MLAT (in the translation section) if you don't recognize a word, or if you don't know how to translate it into the target language? Just leave it as is and show that you understand the grammar of the rest of the sentence?

ReputationRep:
    Researched colleges on the Oxford website. I whittled it down to Merton, Oriel, Corpus or Trinity. Went to the Trinity open day and fell in love with it! Also, the food is really good and quite expansive gardens as well! Hopefully we find some more Trinity people - although there are usually like 6-7 for HisPol so I'm unlikely to haha!
    I heard Oriel don't give fridges ! (something I would listen out for ) but Trinity is beautiful! I really liked Balliol too though oops! I'm sure you might come across a few more people... Really nervous for the aptitude tests

ReputationRep:

There's no need to worry, Oxford's system ensures that any participant who deserves a place there will actually get in, regardless what college they were originally allocated to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MouseyBrown)
    Past papers past papers past papers past papers! And all the mark schemes. They are super helpful.

Have you already tried any?
    Yes i have now I'm focusing mainly on going over my a level history notes. I'm okay with question one is just structuring question 2 and answering it effectively without going over the time limit. I think I'm just worried in general I hope that I do well so they give me a shot. Btw best of luck !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.