Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here applied for economics with economic history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiraagnt)
    Hello! Fellow Singaporean here haha.. What course are yall applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello! I'm applying for International Relations! What about you? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone waiting to hear or received an offer for Statistics with Finance ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaifuj)
    Got a conditional offer to study IR on January 8. American so my offer is condition on me getting 5 on AP Macroeconomics and 5 on AP Microeconomics. Pretty happy.
    Hi
    First of all congratulations on your offer!!!
    I was just wondering when they gave you the offer reply (like which week of your emails), when you applied, and if the conditional offer they ask you to maintain is the same as the one on the website. (ie is the mark they ask you to have at the end of the year same as the mark on the admissions criteria? or lower...)

ReputationRep:
    UCL asked for my predicted AP scores (and we provided them later on) however LSE never did and I am 8 weeks into the 8 week email. I am sure they would have contacted me within the first two weeks asking for me predicted scores if they needed them. I may just be rejected but I don't think your predictions are THAT important if you are from the U.S. because they will just give you a conditional offer and expect you to fulfill the terms of the offer.
    Or maybe they will just reject me because my counselor did not provide them initially in the reference. But my counselor was also very wary about predictions as were my teachers. we don't do predictions here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leehs2015)
    On Oct. 14th haha
    Oh wow you waited a really long time. I guess that makes the offer even more special
    Congrats!!!

I was just wondering what was the order of the emails they sent you?
    I've gotten the 2 weeks one and the 8 weeks one nearly two weeks ago :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saysay)
    UCL asked for my predicted AP scores (and we provided them later on) however LSE never did and I am 8 weeks into the 8 week email. I am sure they would have contacted me within the first two weeks asking for me predicted scores if they needed them. I may just be rejected but I don't think your predictions are THAT important if you are from the U.S. because they will just give you a conditional offer and expect you to fulfill the terms of the offer.
    Or maybe they will just reject me because my counselor did not provide them initially in the reference. But my counselor was also very wary about predictions as were my teachers. we don't do predictions here.
    Don't worry about the colleges asking for your predicted scores. I met my qualifications with AP exams because I lived in the US but now I do the IB diploma. I applied in mid-October and UCL asked for my IB predicted scores in Dec. despite the fact that I had already met my qualifications and am still waiting for them to reply to me. On the other hand LSE never asked me for predicted scores n gave me an unconditional offer last Friday. So don't worry about it man if LSE wanted them from you they'd have already asked you a long time ago~~ haah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceYim)
    Oh wow you waited a really long time. I guess that makes the offer even more special
    Congrats!!!

I was just wondering what was the order of the emails they sent you?
    I've gotten the 2 weeks one and the 8 weeks one nearly two weeks ago :P
    Thanks~
    I got my 2 week email a couple of days after I submitted my app and then a 8 week email later. Then I got the Christmas office closure email which technically extended my 8 weeks to 10 weeks, and on the last day of the 8 weeks they sent me a 4 week email requesting more time for evaluation. They gave me the offer the last day of the 4 week email

The 2 + 8 weeks are for everybody, and it seems that for ~60% of applicants LSE sends a further 2 or 4 week email for more time for evaluation. But they won't send that email to you because they will give replies to all applicants by March 31st haha

ReputationRep:
    Pls give me an offer tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    today is the day we GET our offers. You guys can congratulate me in advance.

Its a joke. chill.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics? Anybody received their latest E-Mail?

I am writing to inform you that there has been a change to the published structure of the Social Policy programmes at the London School of Economics (LSE). From September 2015 all students will be required to complete a compulsory dissertation on an approved topic as part of their third year of study on the programme. You will be able to find the full updated programme details on our website.

This is the last week of 4 week email. After my 2+8+2!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    safe we all gonna be rolling in offers this afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djsimpy)
    safe we all gonna be rolling in offers this afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come on guys we can do it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON)
    Anyone applied for Social Policy or Social Policy and Economics? Anybody received their latest E-Mail?

I am writing to inform you that there has been a change to the published structure of the Social Policy programmes at the London School of Economics (LSE). From September 2015 all students will be required to complete a compulsory dissertation on an approved topic as part of their third year of study on the programme. You will be able to find the full updated programme details on our website.

This is the last week of 4 week email. After my 2+8+2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep I got that yesterday ... Not really sure it's going to make any bearing on decisions ? I am lucky enough to have got my offer in January good luck to everyone waiting its offer Thursday today I beleive !

ReputationRep:
    These offers... where they at doe?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck on the Offer Thursday guys!

ReputationRep:
    My 8 week email finished last week tuesday, yet I haven't received any update. Are they supposed to tell you they need extra time to check your application cos they havent told me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logolept)
    These offers... where they at doe?
    They last went out... about a week agoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amansingh1997)
    My 8 week email finished last week tuesday, yet I haven't received any update. Are they supposed to tell you they need extra time to check your application cos they havent told me?
    My last email deadline was 2 weeks ago.. Just gotta wait it out. Good luck, it's offer Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.