Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    :console: Seeing the price rises/drops about to happen and my funds I had to take an 8 pt hit for tonight to ensure that I have all the 3 players I wanted to bring in.
    Yeah I've done the same although kept in Chadli. 8 point hit looks bad though -- even hate it whenever I have to take just -4. dem loss of points...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I think my christmas slump has started..

Last season I was normally around 10th, until around mid december when through to january I plummeted to about 40th..

This season I am 9th, having been around the 3rd-16th for most of the time... and I can feel it coming..

Makes sense though, around christmas time, I have so so little time for football.. I miss almost all of the big games due to having christmas tihngs to do with family on all weekends, and a fair bit in mid-week as well, and without seeing games, and keeping up with who is and is not in form, its hard to keep going with fantasy football.. Tommorow nights arsenal game will be the first game I will be able to watch all the way through in a good few weeks, and probably the last one (not inc. CL) until january...

Expect to slump to 30-40th again to be honest.. hopefully this year I will pick things back up better then i did last year though, where I never really managed to recover and get back to my old position..
    this would all make sense if it wasn't the same for pretty much everyone.

face it man, you just suck at Christmas

ReputationRep:
    Brought in Harry Kane.

I officially have no idea what I'm doing anymore.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Probably going to have to take another hit next week, sigh.

ADM & Berahino ---> Jedinak & Rooney. Can't imagine many people will have Hazard, Sanchez, Costa, Rooney & Aguero :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevil014)
    The Invincibles is my team name.
    (Original post by jam277)
    Updated.
    (Original post by sr90)
    Black and Amber Army is Alex Doran, Teriyaki Subs is Luke McKeown and I believe Diego Starbucks is Isometrix.
    Edited. Thanks.

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Not a chance of me being in the final H2H league.

One issue if taking the top 6 into an 18 team format is if the creator is not in the top 6 of any league. Other than that starting later seems fine to me.
    Would have to just get someone willing from the thread who has made top six to make the league I guess. There'll be someone hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    this would all make sense if it wasn't the same for pretty much everyone.

face it man, you just suck at Christmas
    nah.. you show me one person on this forum who has as demanding a christmas as me, and I will concede that its not an excuse

I mean.. last weekend I had to put up 9 christmas trees... the weekend before bake 352 mince pies... this weekend I have to host a party for 20+ people, all the while at my work we are working flat out getting ready for our christmas pantomime, meaning I am working extra long days...

soo... yes - such a busy busy time
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So i brought in Hazard and Rooney for a hit yesterday... Now Rooney -> Bony for another hit. Bloody hell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Probably going to have to take another hit next week, sigh.

ADM & Berahino ---> Jedinak & Rooney. Can't imagine many people will have Hazard, Sanchez, Costa, Rooney & Aguero :ahee:
    I have Rooney, Costa, Aguero, Sanchez, Fabregas and Siggy.

I captained Rooney this week but my VC is Aguero so hopefully he does the business for me, unfortunately my bench is crap so I'll probs get 2 points from one of my subs.

ReputationRep:
    Boyd scoring makes up for lack of Rooney

ReputationRep:
    Doubled up on swansea defense for this week (and only this week) so really need them to keep their clean sheet through to the 2nd half..

Apart from that the only other player I have playing today is stirling, who really really needs to be dropped.. next week he is out, and will bring costa/rooney/expensive striker in..

ReputationRep:
    pretty happy with that.. 16pts from 3

2 swansea clean sheets, and a stirling assist.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Boyd got me 9pts :lol:

Had 4 players tonight and i've nearly beaten my total from last GW already...

ReputationRep:
    thank **** i put guzan in and started hutton! Finally a GK gets a cs for me

22 points

ReputationRep:
    16 points from 4 (Taylor, Hutton, Siggy and Austin)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Boyd is on my bench. Sigh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    City's fixtures look so good, and yet i don't have the remotest temptation to get another one of their players alongside Aguero.

30 with 5 to play tonight, including Aguero(C)

Looking like i'll save my free transfer this week, and then do Sterling and Ings > Kane and Fabregas. Still going without Costa which could backfire massively.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    City's fixtures look so good, and yet i don't have the remotest temptation to get another one of their players alongside Aguero.

30 with 5 to play tonight, including Aguero(C)

Looking like i'll save my free transfer this week, and then do Sterling and Ings > Kane and Fabregas. Still going without Costa which could backfire massively.
    Who is there to get realistically? Their defence is error prone, overpriced and rotated too much. Not sure if it's worth doubling up on their attack anyway, it's not like they've been thumping teams 5 or 6 nil like they were last season.

Wanted to keep mine too but I had to take Di Maria out as he's losing so much value. Gonna give Berahino one more chance before I take him out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Who is there to get realistically? Their defence is error prone, overpriced and rotated too much. Not sure if it's worth doubling up on their attack anyway, it's not like they've been thumping teams 5 or 6 nil like they were last season.

Wanted to keep mine too but I had to take Di Maria out as he's losing so much value. Gonna give Berahino one more chance before I take him out.
    If Yaya continues this form of his lately then we will have to board the Yaya train :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    If Yaya continues this form of his lately then we will have to board the Yaya train :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yaya AND Aguero is too much imo. Takes up 20% of your budget.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yaya AND Aguero is too much imo. Takes up 20% of your budget.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah last season Yaya started at like 8 Mil or something around that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.