Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertJWild)
    that first bit confused me a little. If you're asking if you can apply for SWs now as a year 1 on a 4 year course and then re-apply to the same SWs the following year as a 2nd year on a 4 year course, then the answer is yes but as Anonymous mentioned earlier, it's likely that you'll be rejected off the bat if you apply this cycle because you don't meet the criteria of being a 1st year on a 3 year course or a 2nd year on a 4 year course.
    Rejected off the bat this cycle, why? I said I'll apply saying that my graduation year is 2017. :l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    As in if I am year 1 now and am applying for SWs but don't get into any anyway, saying that I'm on a 3 year course when I'm currently enrolled on a 4 year course, is it OK to apply next year to the same places for SWs saying that I'm a 2nd year on a 4 year course?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    Rejected off the bat this cycle, why? I said I'll apply saying that my graduation year is 2017. :l
    If you do that you will face major problems.... Just saying
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by yl95)
    If you're currently enrolled on a 4 year course, then at least to me it sounds quite dishonest to say you'll be graduating in 2017 when your degree doesn't say that. That's just me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    If you're currently enrolled on a 4 year course, then at least to me it sounds quite dishonest to say you'll be graduating in 2017 when your degree doesn't say that. That's just me though.
    Lots of people have the option to switch to either a three or four year course.

If yl95 genuinely doesn't mind between 3 or 4 and will do three years of they get a SW then it's completely fine to do as suggested

Next year they'd just apply saying they've now decided to do 4 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by ProjectNr2)
    If you do that you will face major problems.... Just saying
    How?
    (Original post by Aenigma)

If yl95 genuinely doesn't mind between 3 or 4 and will do three years of they get a SW then it's completely fine to do as suggested

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I really don't mind. I just figured it would probably be better to apply to SWs next year rather than go straight for summer if I don't get any this year.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Aenigma)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair point

ReputationRep:
    i applied for a shed load of SWs last year (in my 1st year of a 3 year economics course). now I'm doing a year abroad so my course is 4 years (econ with year abroad). I've applied to the same places this time round and just got an offer from one of the banks. so yeh its fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcoburn)
    i applied for a shed load of SWs last year (in my 1st year of a 3 year economics course). now I'm doing a year abroad so my course is 4 years (econ with year abroad). I've applied to the same places this time round and just got an offer from one of the banks. so yeh its fine
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Which college?
    Caius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertJWild)
    Sorry bud. Didn't apply to Barclays but ask away, someone might be able to help you.

oh alright thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Any last-minute interview advice for Pwc? Phone interview tomorrow morning.
    How did you do on the tests?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the dates for the GS Spring Insight? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Interested too.
    For Morgan Stanley, the spring week will have two separate start dates : week commencing 23rd March and 13th April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    Applied for their Women in business programquite a while ago, maybe end of October, got the interview about two weeks ago.
    I applied for the women in business programme too! What is your profile, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    How did you do on the tests?
    On the report it said Above Average on both sections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econstudent10)
    Literally applied to GS yesterday and it turned to Under Review just today... not sure this means anything anymore

Anyone else?
    They screen after deadlines.

ReputationRep:
    Literally applied to GS yesterday and it turned to Under Review just today... not sure this means anything anymore

Anyone else?
    Yeah mine just changed to under review too, applied back in October so maybe they're starting to process them? No idea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have just been invited to do the video questions with PwC. Did someone already do that and might share some experiences and tips? Don´t really know how to prepare...
    please P.M me

ReputationRep:

Anyone else?
    I guess they are reviewing it, but you won't hear until after the deadline. What division did you apply to?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.