Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just phoned Marjon and they said they are currently processing letters re DBS so not to worry as they will all come out in due course, and not necessarily to us all at the same time x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone made a fb group for University of Reading SLT 2015? Also has anyone heard anything since firming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LT1508)
    Oh gosh :/ I'm really worried now! I haven't heard anything since making them my firm choice. I don't even know who would be best to contact with regards to the situation either :/! I have checked all through my inbox as well to make sure nothing has gone into my spam but nothing
    Maybe just contact admissions and say that you've heard other applicants have already done DBS and that, but you have not been requested to yet and see what they say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LT1508)
    Oh gosh :/ I'm really worried now! I haven't heard anything since making them my firm choice. I don't even know who would be best to contact with regards to the situation either :/! I have checked all through my inbox as well to make sure nothing has gone into my spam but nothing
    I haven't heard anything since firming them either. I'm quite surprised, because they've been really organised until now. I really want to email them to see what's going on, but I might leave it until next week, or even until accommodation opens on the 1st, just in case anything comes through before that

ReputationRep:
    Just phoned Marjon and they said they are currently processing letters re DBS so not to worry as they will all come out in due course, and not necessarily to us all at the same time x
    (Original post by rhimair)
    I haven't heard anything since firming them either. I'm quite surprised, because they've been really organised until now. I really want to email them to see what's going on, but I might leave it until next week, or even until accommodation opens on the 1st, just in case anything comes through before that
    Sorry, I've only just seen your post Madagascar. At least we know that we'll get the info etc. soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhimair)
    Sorry, I've only just seen your post Madagascar. At least we know that we'll get the info etc. soon enough!
    No worries, and yep lets hope it's very soon to put all our minds at rest!

I was thinking, would any marjon applicants like a Facebook group setting up so we can all get to know each other before the course starts and also help each other with any questions we might have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)

I was thinking, would any marjon applicants like a Facebook group setting up so we can all get to know each other before the course starts and also help each other with any questions we might have?
    I was wondering if a group had been set up for marjons! Yes i would definitely be interested xx

ReputationRep:

That'd be really good! I'm up for it!

ReputationRep:
    Guyss can you help me with student fiance! I'm really lost! I've left it so late as well. Basically I don't apply for the student fianance form only the NHS BOSS funding form online right? And it says that it can be due in within 6 months of starting the course, so will it be ok if I gave it after End of May as my teachers keep pestering me thinking I'm applyign to student fiance. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Guyss can you help me with student fiance! I'm really lost! I've left it so late as well. Basically I don't apply for the student fianance form only the NHS BOSS funding form online right? And it says that it can be due in within 6 months of starting the course, so will it be ok if I gave it after End of May as my teachers keep pestering me thinking I'm applyign to student fiance. Please help! all at the same time x[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naimah_786)
    Guyss can you help me with student fiance! I'm really lost! I've left it so late as well. Basically I don't apply for the student fianance form only the NHS BOSS funding form online right? And it says that it can be due in within 6 months of starting the course, so will it be ok if I gave it after End of May as my teachers keep pestering me thinking I'm applyign to student fiance. Please help!
    You can also apply for a reduced loan from Student Finance England its about £2300 and is not means tested and you don't need all the evidence such as passport proof of parents earning etc that you will need for the NHS bursary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km10)
    I was wondering if a group had been set up for marjons! Yes i would definitely be interested xx
    Group now created - Marjon SLT 2015

ReputationRep:
    Group now created - Marjon SLT 2015

Great I'll have a look ...xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km10)
    Great I'll have a look ...xx
    Cool, any probs let me know - I have never created a group before, but hopefully it's set up right x

ReputationRep:
    Cool, any probs let me know - I have never created a group before, but hopefully it's set up right x
    hi i can't seem to find the group😕 xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km10)
    Hmm... The settings seem right? Lol I'll see if I can sort it and come back to you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km10)
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/418997...3?ref=bookmark Here's the link, hopefully this will help!?

ReputationRep:
    It seems I had an error on my SRS account page. For some reason I have an instruction on my page that states that my clinical visit forms need to be filled out asap. Having spoke to admissions at BCU it appears there are no clinical visit forms for SLT students to fill in. They are just for Radiography students, so apologies if there was any confusion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    It seems I had an error on my SRS account page. For some reason I have an instruction on my page that states that my clinical visit forms need to be filled out asap. Having spoke to admissions at BCU it appears there are no clinical visit forms for SLT students to fill in. They are just for Radiography students, so apologies if there was any confusion!
    Sorry to hear you had an error but thanks for letting us know - I was hoping that the one medical form was all I needed to complete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    I just called BCU up actually as I couldn't find the dates to attend the DBS Day Event. All the information you'll need for those going to BCU is in the link entitled 'To register to attend'. There are many dates to choose from...running right up till late August.

Hi just to remind you that there is a BCU facebook page at www.facebook.com/BCUSLT2015

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.